News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giganotosaurus

I hope Kaiyodo releases Jurassic figures in their Revoltech line! I remember they made a Jurassic t rex figure, and when they eventually lost the rights, made it a generic t rex figure.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Flaffy

MLMjp

Quote from: Flaffy on May 12, 2022, 11:05:34 PM
Where's the paint?
Gone, reduced to atoms.

I am way more concerned about the Ichthyovenator's micro snout, poor creature...
(this settles it down, I'm not picking this one)

Faelrin

Wow both the Triceratops and Ichthyovenator had better paint apps in the promo pics. What happened?

The only one I kind of like is the Ampelosaurus. Think I'll skip it since I have limited space for these as of now and not sure what my future situation will entail as far as space goes. At least the Ampelosaurus is still close to the leaked and promo pics of it, so I hope that weird Siamosaurus is also close enough to those earlier pics, since I still want it for its resemblance to the Ark Spinosaurus.

That aside I'm wondering when pics of the next batch of human sets with Kayla and the Pyroraptor, and the Alan Grant and Dimetrodon one will show up since I think BBTS said those ship in June? I'm not expecting much different sculpts then what we've seen so far/released, but I am curious what the paint apps on those will be like. Both Beta and the Dilophosaurus surprisingly had really decent paint apps for their prices.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Darko2300

Quote from: Faelrin on May 13, 2022, 02:48:21 AM

The only one I kind of like is the Ampelosaurus. Think I'll skip it since I have limited space for these as of now and not sure what my future situation will entail as far as space goes.

Yes. The only one you really need is the Dreadnoughtus.  ;D

suspsy

Wow, those are a step down from the promo pics. And what is with the weird shape of the Ichthyovenator's skull?

The overall quality of Mattel's JW products really has gone down since 2018. I started working on a review for the Rajasaurus tonight and I'm finding it significantly less appealing than the Roarivores Ceratosaurus that was my very first Mattel review.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnotaurusKing

Props to Mattel for sculpting a subnarial (?) notch, but because of the paint (or lack thereof), it looks like an egg-tooth, or a human nose. Getting Mr Burns vibes, personally.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on May 13, 2022, 02:48:21 AM
Wow both the Triceratops and Ichthyovenator had better paint apps in the promo pics. What happened?

The only one I kind of like is the Ampelosaurus. Think I'll skip it since I have limited space for these as of now and not sure what my future situation will entail as far as space goes. At least the Ampelosaurus is still close to the leaked and promo pics of it, so I hope that weird Siamosaurus is also close enough to those earlier pics, since I still want it for its resemblance to the Ark Spinosaurus.

That aside I'm wondering when pics of the next batch of human sets with Kayla and the Pyroraptor, and the Alan Grant and Dimetrodon one will show up since I think BBTS said those ship in June? I'm not expecting much different sculpts then what we've seen so far/released, but I am curious what the paint apps on those will be like. Both Beta and the Dilophosaurus surprisingly had really decent paint apps for their prices.

BBTS can be off by a month or so, those may not release til end of June/July..or they won't have them til then.

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on May 13, 2022, 04:58:51 AM
Props to Mattel for sculpting a subnarial (?) notch, but because of the paint (or lack thereof), it looks like an egg-tooth, or a human nose. Getting Mr Burns vibes, personally.

It's nothing new, Mattel has issues when it comes to assets not designed for them or in the movies.  Sometimes they get a good one, most times..not.  The Irritator should have told us how they handle Spinosaurs that aren't in the films.   You can't see the tail but I still can't figure why the spines on the bottom of the tails..?

Flaffy

Weird how they completely omitted teeth on the tip of it's jaw. I'm constantly impressed by how Mattel manages to screw up basic anatomy on their sculpts.

Gwangi

The Ichthyovenator is a hot mess and an easy pass. So happy I'm not a completist, lol. Mattel does not do spinosaurs well and for that reason I only have the Spinosaurus and Irritator...and the Hammond Collection Baryonyx now. I've liked all of their Abelisaurs though and will be getting the repainted Rajasaurus instead of the current one. Still love that Ampelosaurus.  :P

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/2YQYy5-9-qk
The Ampelosaurus and the Ichtyovenator do not appeal to me, but I am happy that Mattel is coming up with new species. The repaints of the Triceratops and Rajasaurus look nice indeed.

Carnoking

In box photos of the next wave of Ferocious Packs confirms the mystery therapod to be Rugops Primus!

suspsy

So . . . a feathered Rugops that appears to have only two fingers on each hand?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

I saw that the mystery theropod was a Rugops. Never would have guessed that one. I wonder if that's what it was always intended to be?

Flaffy

Stegotyranno420

Well it really does live up to its name, Rugops, which means "Ugly Face" or something along those lines.
I dont wish to be so bashful of these guys, but as someone said earlier,  it is amazing how often they manage to mess up anatomy.  I seen cheaposaurs more accurate

But I am so glad they made a Rajasaurus

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on May 14, 2022, 03:19:25 AM
So . . . a feathered Rugops that appears to have only two fingers on each hand?

That's just about the size of it.

Flaffy

Out of all the Mattel anatomical screw ups, the Rugops has gotta be the most baffling (not the worst mind you, but the most baffling).
You'd think that they'd notice that the sculptor gave two-fingered arms on an Abelisaur... Even a 5 year old child can point out that two-finger hands is a feature that "belongs to" Tyrannosaurs. But I guess the arms are small enough for the error to not be as noticeable, especially when posed in a tucked-back position. Compare that to Rajasaurus's steroid pumped, weight lifting arms. O:-)

Secondly, out of all the dinosaurs to give feathers, Mattel chose Rugops? It would've been FAR more fitting to include feathers on any of their Coelurosaurs, e.g. Ornitholestes, Coelurus, Proceratosaurus etc etc

And finally, very disappointed with Dimetrodon's paint apps. It looks incredibly lazy, and I don't understand why Mattel couldn't give it the same paint as the Extreme Damage one. The lack of paint on the sail (on the neck) is very distracting too; no reason why they couldn't have spared a drop of red paint on the sail when its ED counterpart has a fully painted sail.

Lynx

Yet another figure suffering from 'slap feathers on it therefore making it accurate'
An oversized house cat.

MLMjp

So it's Rugops after all...truly an "ugly face"

I had the intention of skipping the extreme damage Dimetrodon and go for the ferocious pack one. Now Im reconsidering that.

I would like to know if the latest roar strike reveals are just wave 2 or a mix from both wave 2 & 3. Some leaks suggested a Nasutoceratops on that size range and I couldn't get the original...except that I recently found one for a "relatively good" price, and I don't know if I should wait or just go for it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: