News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on May 05, 2022, 07:12:38 PM
I love that Ampelosaurus, it looks like it came straight out of a William Stout painting, or Primal.  8)

That must be why I like it! Looks like the Mad Sauropod!

Strepsodus

suspsy

Megaraptor isn't known from complete remains, but that toy definitely doesn't convey just how massive megaraptoran arms were. Do a Google image search for "megaraptor gabriel ugueto."
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on May 05, 2022, 07:26:56 PM
Hammond Collection trike has an inbox photo. I don't care how big or small it is, the sculpt and paint look top notch!

That paintjob is indeed a dead ringer for the original Jurassic Park Triceratops. Love how they included the subtle patterning that was obscured by the brown dust and dirt too. The only question is the size... is it big enough to be able to represent the sick Triceratops in the original film we all know and love...

Flaffy

Quote from: Strepsodus on May 05, 2022, 07:33:45 PM
I'm not really an expert but is this Megaraptor accurate?

No. And the reconstruction avatar_suspsy @suspsy mentioned:

Gwangi

Quote from: Carnoking on May 05, 2022, 07:27:32 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on May 05, 2022, 07:12:38 PM
I love that Ampelosaurus, it looks like it came straight out of a William Stout painting, or Primal.  8)

That must be why I like it! Looks like the Mad Sauropod!

Yup!  ^-^ I have a thing for big, beastly, angry, ugly sauropods. I even like the Schleich Barapasaurus. I guess because we're so used to seeing them as elegant and graceful, I like the change of pace. There is a reason that Camarasaurus is my favorite sauropod species.

The Hammond Collection Triceratops is looking good too. I really hope it's the right size! If so I may not get that repainted Trike after all.

Prehistory Resurrection

https://youtu.be/9tcDEn-ZBck
A video of the new reveals altogether.
The teeth on the Ceratosaurus look too big when the mouth is shut but it's still good, the Gallimimus could have more muscle on the thighs and the paint scheme could be improved but it's still good, the Triceratops looks excellent; would like to see more pictures of it and the T-Rex also looks good; though I feel the paint scheme could be better but it's still good. Overall; when it comes to screen accuracy, Mattel nailed it. I am very pleased with the Hammond Collection line.
When it comes to the rest of the Dominion figures which have just been revealed, the Iguanodon and the Liopleurodon are my favourites. Nice to see new more species joining the line and another new marine reptile. The Megaraptor and the Ampelosaurus are not appealing to me and so are the Ichtyovenator and the Siamosaurus. But it is nice: we have more more spinosaurids from Mattel, which is very pleasing indeed, like they did with the Abelisaurids. And once again, new species are very pleasing.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Carnoking on May 05, 2022, 07:11:10 PM
I actually don't hate the Ampleosaurus, Iguanodon, or Megaraptor... sure they've got some quirks but they're not without that Mattel charm. Some of these definitely are. The Siamosaurus and Icthyovenator are beyond goofy looking, right up there with the Sarcosuchus and Tanystropheus for me. Meanwhile the repaints  are okay. They don't bring anything that's a must have but they're not as egregious as some of Mattel's past paint jobs...
I love the Megaraptor
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Flaffy on May 05, 2022, 07:45:33 PM
Quote from: Strepsodus on May 05, 2022, 07:33:45 PM
I'm not really an expert but is this Megaraptor accurate?

No. And the reconstruction avatar_suspsy @suspsy mentioned:

Gabriel's my favourite palaeoartist but I think his Megaraptor is a swing and a miss. Those legs are way too short

Pliosaurking

I was initially going to get that trike repaint, but after seeing the Hammond collection one, I've change my mind

MLMjp

SHOW ME MORE OF THE TRICERATOPS AND A SIZE COMPARISON!

Call me impressed with the Ceratosaurus, one nitpick though, it shouldn't have black markings on the head. Still, if the HC does not reach my country, I won't make the effort for it.

It´s basically a curse that Mattel's larger ornithopods always have something wrong with their feet/hands..Still, I like the rest of the Iguanodon, and as always, more ornithopods are welcomed. Same for the Liopleurodon.

Megaraptor turned out nice. There is a small possibility that I might pick the blue and white Rajasaurus. Funny, when it was leaked I though the brow/blue one was the better of the two but now I think this will be the better one.

Ampelosaurus and Siamosaurus are rough. I was going to skip on the latter anyway but I had hopes for the sauropod, but now I think I'll pass.

Everything else is also a pass.

Fembrogon

I'm amused and impressed that the Hammond Cerato actually looks more scientifically accurate than the film model. Well done, Mattel! This will be a must-buy.

Megaraptor looks pretty good, although I agree that beefier arms would have been an improvement to the design. It's surprising to me there aren't more toys of this animal and its relatives already; fragmentary status aside, I'd think "Megaraptor" would be a name that sells itself.

Faelrin

I like a lot of these new reveals. I want the Iguanodon (film species anyways, but regardless been wanting an Iguanodon for a while, just don't like the hands huge claws on this one), Liopleurodon (finally another marine reptile and one I love, just strange it is electronic), and the Megaraptor (which I love the colors on it).

I'm also looking forward to the HC Ceratosaurus and Triceratops. Just wish it was bigger.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

MLMjp

Quote from: Flaffy on May 05, 2022, 06:11:00 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Mattel ran out of budget in the paint department, cus man those are some of the laziest paint apps I've ever seen from Mattel.
You'd think they'd put more effort into a movie-year line.
Not trying to defend them, but I think they might be cutting corners on paint jobs due to inflation in order to maintain the same selling price as previous years. I don't know, just a theory.
Quote from: suspsy on May 05, 2022, 06:37:34 PM
It's a real shame the Liopleurodon is electronic; kids won't be able to play with it in the bathtub or swimming pool. Should have been a Massive Biter/Mega Destroyer instead.
And collectors who like to photograph their figures out in the wild won't be able to make underwater photos...

suspsy

Quote from: MLMjp on May 05, 2022, 09:59:12 PM

Quote from: suspsy on May 05, 2022, 06:37:34 PM
It's a real shame the Liopleurodon is electronic; kids won't be able to play with it in the bathtub or swimming pool. Should have been a Massive Biter/Mega Destroyer instead.
And collectors who like to photograph their figures out in the wild won't be able to make underwater photos...

Yes, that too!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Giganotosaurus

How many digits did Ampelosaurus and Iguanodon have on each foot, so I can compare to the figures when they release?
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Pachyrhinosaurus

That's definitely the best Jurassic Park triceratops sculpt we've gotten yet. All the new Hammond collection toys are on my list. I'm sure they'll be out soon, too, with a little over a month to go until Dominion.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

GojiraGuy1954

Gwangi

Gonna have to get that one too. Looks far better than the Apatosaurus, or at least the head certainly does.

Edit: Wow, I just looked at the length of that thing. It's seriously 5' long?  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on May 06, 2022, 04:39:47 AM
Gonna have to get that one too. Looks far better than the Apatosaurus, or at least the head certainly does.

Edit: Wow, I just looked at the length of that thing. It's seriously 5' long?  :o

45cm longer than the Apatosaurus? pretty close. i'd say it bodes well for a mamenchisaurus later.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: