News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio: New for 2022

Started by need4swede, December 19, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

For those interested, P1S has some new 1/38 scale models for 2022

Carnotaurus

Tyrannosaurus

Spinosaurus

You can see all three in this photo (the Carno and Rex are on the first row; Spino in the back)

Here's a video with more models and a first look at the ones listed above

https://youtu.be/2JKZW2PAWiQ
- Swede

SenSx

Thx !

I'm looking for Blue the Velociraptor, it will go well with my other 1/10 from Iron Studio !
It is affordable for the scale and the quality.
(I just hope they rectify the tongue going out of the mouth on that video, it looks silly imo).
This a open mouth version, I just wonder if they will do a closed mouth one (don't know which one I would choose then).

BlueKrono

It seems the statue I wanted recently sold out. Do they ever make more after that happens? Is there any hope for the waitlisted?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 19, 2021, 02:10:44 PM
It seems the statue I wanted recently sold out. Do they ever make more after that happens? Is there any hope for the waitlisted?

Ive heard some on P1 groups and forum pages say their Waitlist converted. I'm not sure what the chances are per piece though.  I'm still waiting for US sellers to stock what I preordered last year.

GiganotosaurusFan

Well, anybody think that these seem more film accurate than W-Dragon?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on January 11, 2022, 04:46:10 AM

W-Dragon I believe is using the cg film references whereas P1 uses the animatronics more.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2022, 06:54:59 AM
Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on January 11, 2022, 04:46:10 AM

W-Dragon I believe is using the cg film references whereas P1 uses the animatronics more.

I think that's it.

Something about the smaller scaled P1 figures rubs me the wrong way; the previous T.rex doesn't look all that great and the videos I've seen that show off these new models make the figures look really...scaly? Is that a word? The scales on the figures seem really pronounced for something that small. Makes sense on the larger figures, but I don't know - just looks off to me, as if the figures are made out of regal stone or some sort of brick/concrete. Doesn't look very natural at that scale.

Spoiler

Here's my current W-Dragon Spino, for the sake of comparison

And also here's a brick

And here's that same image of the Spino, with the image of the brick overlayed over it. See if you can tell much of a difference.

I rest my case, your honor. The dinosaurs are too brick-like for my taste - but to each their own.
[close]

EDIT: Added images for reference.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

I didn't care for the first smaller scaled Rex myself.  I did preorder the Spino , Carnotaurus and JW Rex though.  At about a 100.00 they weren't nearly as bad as their "big" brothers. 

The Spino was pretty textured though, much like the animatronic.  Even the W-Dragon is.  It's just the pic you chose of the Prime1 is washed out a lot by camera flash making it more apparent.   So far I like my Nanmu piece but I do have the 1/15 Spino on preorder if it ever ships.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 02, 2022, 06:34:41 AM
LINK: \

Man it looks pretty good.   This is the third piece I have on preorder and I still haven't received the Mosasaur or Spino which is months late already. Hope I actually get it, eventually.

Duna

Ohmygod!  :o I'm speechless ... what an incredible diorama.
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon we are looking very forward for your pictures in hand ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Duna on February 02, 2022, 11:42:18 AM
Ohmygod!  :o I'm speechless ... what an incredible diorama.
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon we are looking very forward for your pictures in hand ...

BBTS messaged me today, the preorders for the Spinosaurus are about to be filled.  I'm actually surprised they received product before a Prime1 retailer.. ?

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

not sure if this will be 2022  or not but :

Sturisoma

ETA of the other raptors indicated as Jun-Sept 2022 in P1 website.

Sucks that the poses are not too different, unlike the 3 JP raptor poses of Iron Studios. I think I shall get these 3 anyway, and Iron Studios' Blue which has a lovely pose.  :D

SenSx

Yes thanks for the heads up.
I am making a 1/10 colletions of JP velociraptors since the first Iron Studios versions.

I'm only waiting for the Blue version, sad that the other raptors are in the same pose, I won't get any of them even though I like the close mouth head (on top of that they are more expansive than Blue).

I don't know if you guys saw, but Iron studio is also making a 1/10 Blue version in an attack pose (with a great optional base) and finally a Lost World Velociraptor that I will get for sure.

Sturisoma

Quote from: SenSx on May 28, 2022, 01:36:20 PMYes thanks for the heads up.
I am making a 1/10 colletions of JP velociraptors since the first Iron Studios versions.

I'm only waiting for the Blue version, sad that the other raptors are in the same pose, I won't get any of them even though I like the close mouth head (on top of that they are more expansive than Blue).

I don't know if you guys saw, but Iron studio is also making a 1/10 Blue version in an attack pose (with a great optional base) and finally a Lost World Velociraptor that I will get for sure.

Iron Studios also recently unveiled photos of deluxe Dominion figures (Blue, Beta, and Dilophosaurus), as well as JP Dilo with Nedry. I don't know if the new ones will have standard editions, since I want those 2 new dilophosaurs, but I don't want Nedry!  :))  I also pre-ordered their TLW raptor and Blue, standard only so my crouching raptor won't feel out of place. Now if only they, or Prime 1, will also make male and female JP 3 raptors, I will be very happy!  :)

Edit: All 1/10 scale JW raptors are priced at 100USD each on the Prime1 website.

SenSx

Quote from: Sturisoma on May 28, 2022, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: SenSx on May 28, 2022, 01:36:20 PMYes thanks for the heads up.

Iron Studios also recently unveiled photos of deluxe Dominion figures (Blue, Beta, and Dilophosaurus), as well as JP Dilo with Nedry. I don't know if the new ones will have standard editions, since I want those 2 new dilophosaurs, but I don't want Nedry!  :))  I also pre-ordered their TLW raptor and Blue, standard only so my crouching raptor won't feel out of place. Now if only they, or Prime 1, will also make male and female JP 3 raptors, I will be very happy!  :)

Edit: All 1/10 scale JW raptors are priced at 100USD each on the Prime1 website.

Oh thanks!
I missed all that good new stuff !

So Iron Studio has yet another Blue on top of the attack one, but I'm not a big fan of the pose.
It just looks too much like the LW Velociraptor.

As for the Prime 1 Velociraptors, sadly I was referring to the pricing in my country, and for some reason the new raptors are slightly more expensive than Blue...

And yes I'm too waiting for JP3 Velociraptors.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: