News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio: New for 2022

Started by need4swede, December 19, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Doesn't appear quite as rough as the Rex and Carno?  Looks like a seam under the jaw? But other than that not bad.

Sturisoma

Man the head seams suck! Would probably pose it like this to hide that ugly seam:

Quote from: need4swede on July 13, 2022, 10:26:44 PMFrom ets.journey on Instagram...

Nanmu spinos in the middle and W-Dragon spino on the right. A Rebor dead rex by their feet as an offering. My spino shrine would be complete  ^-^

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 14, 2022, 05:34:38 AMDoesn't appear quite as rough as the Rex and Carno?  Looks like a seam under the jaw? But other than that not bad.

I've been very critical of these smaller scale Prime 1 figures, including the 1/38 Spino. I still think it's quite expensive for what it is, especially considering the additional cost of shipping the figure to North America and having to justify the price against similar figures offered by Nanmu and perhaps even Rebor to some extent.

That being said, I just placed an order for one after seeing these photos. Seems like there's a decent amount of us Spino fans in here, so I don't need to justify my purchase - but I am glad that this figure mostly seems to resemble the marketing photos, which is NOT something I can say for the rest of Prime 1's prehistoric offerings at this scale.
- Swede

need4swede

- Swede

Sturisoma

More images of the 1/38 spino from Warung Forza Shop on fb:

Sturisoma

Unboxing video, but in Korean. With base. I was wondering why there was no base in the first video I shared  :))

Sturisoma

The base is hidden at the back part of the box  :))  imo, looks so much better compared to Rexy.

need4swede

That looks pretty good!

I have mine ordered through Sugo, along with the W-Dragon Spino. Still hasn't shipped yet, last I checked.
- Swede

Sturisoma

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Pliosaurking

Yeah in my opinion Nanmu's new Spinosaurus is the best
It isn't completely accurate to the film, but it looks the best by a long mile
I agree with what others have said, that paint is atrocious

Blade-of-the-Moon

For the price, your getting what you get in paint. Looks pretty detailed, it's obviously the animatronic version which is a great contrast to W-Dragon.

need4swede

I don't think the paint is horrendous - but I wouldn't call it exceptional, either. If the figure cost less, I don't think the paint would bother anyone much - but like all licensed products, it gets taxed for the branding. Judging by W-Dragon's recent price hike, that 'tax' seems to be quite hefty, indeed. Keeping that in mind, I think the Spino looks pretty good, and I quite enjoy its 'flaws' since it lends the figure some much needed character when it inevitably ends up on a shelf with 5 other Spinos all painted in the same JP3 color scheme.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on September 22, 2022, 09:03:57 AMI don't think the paint is horrendous - but I wouldn't call it exceptional, either. If the figure cost less, I don't think the paint would bother anyone much - but like all licensed products, it gets taxed for the branding. Judging by W-Dragon's recent price hike, that 'tax' seems to be quite hefty, indeed. Keeping that in mind, I think the Spino looks pretty good, and I quite enjoy its 'flaws' since it lends the figure some much needed character when it inevitably ends up on a shelf with 5 other Spinos all painted in the same JP3 color scheme.

It's also "just paint" and can be remedied..hire one of our exceptional artists here for example.

Blade-of-the-Moon

After seeing some pics I wasn't really sure I wanted this one..and I have a couple of the Horizon kits one pretty much this exact diorama, another modified frill less.

It is..different from the Jurassic Park design and the Horizon model/maquette. That said it's really detailed moreso than I could tell from pics online. The head is very lightweight kinda feels cheap and fragile? I understand why but still...they could definitely have given us a closed mouth frill-less version too I think.

Glad I bought it despite some issues that could have been better. It's a nice overall piece to look at.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Very nice display piece! I would have no space whatsoever for something of this size  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 05, 2022, 07:12:55 AMVery nice display piece! I would have no space whatsoever for something of this size  :))

I have a good general lack of normal household furniture, tables, chairs, ect.. that allows for more display area..however it is getting full here. I've started selling a lot of my toys and smaller models to allow more room. ;)

P.S. I just received the P1 Indominus Rex as well, I'll unpack and get pics of it soon.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 05, 2022, 07:45:38 AMI have a good general lack of normal household furniture, tables, chairs, ect..
:))  :))
Looking forward to the pictures!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: