News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio: New for 2022

Started by need4swede, December 19, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturisoma

P1 giga 1/38 scale

Edit: P1 made a mistake with the first picture stating 1/10, but it's 1/38.

GiganotosaurusFan

sheeeeeee that looks good
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Flaffy

I'm keeping my expectations low. It's Prime 1 Studio after all.

Darko2300

Seeing Prime 1 products in-hand, I can't say I'm all that excited anymore either. I think my Giga ship has sailed. 😅

GiganotosaurusFan

Oh...scrap my expectations then! That quailty control though...
Waiting still for Nanmu's, probs going to go get the original orange one, already have the blue.
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Over9K

Quote from: GiganotosaurusFan on June 07, 2022, 02:12:33 AMOh...scrap my expectations then! That quailty control though...
Waiting still for Nanmu's, probs going to go get the original orange one, already have the blue.

Good luck finding one at a reasonable price. They retired the OG Giga a while back, and they're getting scarce already. 

GiganotosaurusFan

avatar_Over9K @Over9K They are most certainly not scarce in china;) Still on Taobao website.

Sturisoma

I saw photos of the carno on a facebook group and I thought the paint app was not too bad, just lacking a bit of black. I thought it was better than Rexy. However, these photos show how lazy they are with the paint app. And that seam connecting the neck and the lower jaw is very distracting. I'm considering on getting their spino and brachiosaurus, but I think I'll only get the spino as I am a spino super fan, but I shall expect the same lazy paint app.  :)) 

Blade-of-the-Moon

I know someone who can probably repaint it better so paint isn't a huge issue.  It's obvious P1 doesn't want to put the same effort behind something they aren't selling for 2k. That said for a 100.00 it's not terrible for an officially licensed product and even some of their pricier pieces have issues from time to time.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Flaffy on June 06, 2022, 11:00:16 PMI'm keeping my expectations low. It's Prime 1 Studio after all.

Now that I look at it, the actual figure's paint app is similar to what we see in this video:

Honestly the spino looks the best out of the 1/38 line. I'm quite happy about the paint app on the figure in the video. Not too bad. Maybe it will look better in a less bright display area. I know we won't get the quality paint app of the master figure, but I'm hoping that we get one with a similar paint app as the one seen on the video:

Sturisoma

Meanwhile they put Blue's tongue back in her mouth.  :))  I just hate the obvious seam on her head. Very distracting. If they fix that as well I'll definitely get the whole raptor squad!

The head-to-neck seam is better done with the spino. Much less obvious. Though the tail seam is more noticeable, but not as distracting.

Sturisoma

Looks like the visible head seam stays  :(

Sturisoma

Rewatched Andy's review of the Prime 1 1/38 Rexy. I think Rexy's teeth look... short and stubby? Don't know if it's only the angle and/or the sloppy paint on the teeth.

This is the figure from the showroom, showing longer teeth.

I hope the 1/38 spino actual figures retain the sharp[er] teeth as seen in the promo pics.

Flaffy

One of the many reasons why I have little faith in their upcoming JWD Giganotosaurus.

Sturisoma

Hopefully the spino will be the best of their 1/38 line. From the showroom video it looks the most promising. I was told that P1 paint app is always lazy, but details are spot on. Quite a letdown when I saw those stubby Rexy teeth.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've kept my Spino preorder thus far, but any major change ( like teeth issues) I'll cancel it.

Sturisoma

Blue looks good! I'm happy that I'm not seeing the ugly head seam. I already pre-ordered the Iron Studios one, so I will most likely buy Charlie, Echo, and Delta.  ^-^

Sturisoma

But the head seam is visible here.  :'(  most noticeable at 5:17

SenSx

I don't mind the seam on the head too much, I'm definitely getting this Blue.

need4swede

- Swede

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: