News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Prime 1 Studio: New for 2022

Started by need4swede, December 19, 2021, 09:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received my Indominus, beautiful piece. My lighting is a bit dim so used a flash for it.

My only complaint is I can't get the thumb on correctly.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Awesome! What a massive piece. Could you also take a pic of the display piece on the left to it? The one with the water :) I'm curious to see what it is ::)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 06, 2022, 09:15:46 AMAwesome! What a massive piece. Could you also take a pic of the display piece on the left to it? The one with the water :) I'm curious to see what it is ::)

That's the Mosasaur..now that isa MASSIVE piece. Weighs a ton with all that faux water.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Oh WOW. That is incredible... And it looks absolutely stunning! Thanks for the pics!  :o

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TooOldForDinosaurs on October 07, 2022, 06:43:09 AMOh WOW. That is incredible... And it looks absolutely stunning! Thanks for the pics!  :o

very welcome!

BrontoScorpio

WOW !
The package they brought it with must have been the size of a refrigerator ...

The Kaiyodo 1/20 Brachiosaurus in the background is gorgeous - who painted it ?
what is the small bipedal dino infront of the sideshow Apatosaurus ?
Do you have a thread with some pics of all those small dinos in the background ?

BrontoScorpio

I know this Shane Foulkes Torvosaurus - but I can not be as certain as you that it is indeed this one -
better see a picture with the head to be sure.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 08, 2022, 08:49:49 PMI know this Shane Foulkes Torvosaurus - but I can not be as certain as you that it is indeed this one -
better see a picture with the head to be sure.

There is a writing on the base:

"Torvosaurus"

(reference image):

-

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 08, 2022, 08:16:39 AMWOW !
The package they brought it with must have been the size of a refrigerator ...

The Kaiyodo 1/20 Brachiosaurus in the background is gorgeous - who painted it ?
what is the small bipedal dino infront of the sideshow Apatosaurus ?
Do you have a thread with some pics of all those small dinos in the background ?

it shipped in two boxes that were together about that big or larger!

I think it was Tommy Kolmer based on my references. Shame turned out to be a real jerk.

Torvosaurus. ive posted them all at one or the other over the years..its a lot lol

Duna

What a beauty avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon! By the way, I love your place!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Duna on October 09, 2022, 11:04:42 AMWhat a beauty avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon! By the way, I love your place!

Thank you! At some point my collection will be part of a museum here I hope.

Carnoking

Well, I got a hold of the new Carnotaurus and I'm honestly not too impressed. Sculpt is pretty strong and seems fairly screen accurate at a glance but the seams are quite distracting and the paint is a bit weak I gotta say.

The stripes on the legs look very slapdash and the face looks like it's got a bad case of black heads.

This is one of two or so officially licensed pieces in my collection but when compared to the likes of Nanmu, it just goes to show that being official doesn't make it better.

(These two are comparable in price)

dragon53

The black lines on the Carnotaurus remind me of graffiti.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sturisoma

I initially considered buying this 1/38 carno and the Nanmu broken horn. Decided to just buy both versions of the Nanmu 2.0s when I saw the lazy paint and distracting seams. Just kinda bummed there's no scooter!  :))
Wonder how that 1/38 carno would look like if it had better paint app though. Promo pics were very nice.
Prime 1's spino looks the best (or the least bad-looking) out of this 1/38 line for me. I'm a JP 3 spino simp so I'm willing to unnecessarily shell out more cash just for the logo  :))  I'll just have it repainted since I like the sculpt.
Excited for Nanmu's giga 2.0 pvc version. I feel that it will be an easy pass for me on Prime 1's offering.

Sturisoma

Charlie and Delta 1/10

They look nice! I'm all sold now I have to get Charlie, Delta, and Echo  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

If only they hadn't put them all in the exact same pose. Feels like just variations and not each character.

Sturisoma

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 29, 2022, 05:20:34 PMIf only they hadn't put them all in the exact same pose. Feels like just variations and not each character.

This was my first thought and initially made me think about buying them. I thought it was just lazy. They could have simply made one with a gentle turn of the neck to either side, and even one looking up or tilted head or in a curious "huh?" look. However, seeing the review, the paint apps are good enough for my eyes that now I need the whole squad, plus the Iron Studios Blue.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: