News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rainforest Cafe

Started by MaastrichtianGuy, January 23, 2017, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

Hello
since Dinotoyforum has the museums theme parks and other places it only posts the places that are dinosaur and prehistoric animal related but since the Animal toy forum doesnt have the Zoos Wildlife Parks and other places added in i have to post it here like Takama Posted a topic about the Saint Louis Zoo this is the second time an Animal Related Place posted on Dinotoyforum and i might post it into the General in the Animal Toy Forum. it is Rainforest Cafe but not the one on anywhere else but my pics are from the one in Orlando Florida in Disney Springs or Downtown Disney not Disneys Animal Kingdom the animals in there are not live animals but all replica made and all Animatronics so heres the place

the Giant Mushroom and an Cartoony Elephant Head used as a Check in Podium

The Frog Menu Board

MaastrichtianGuy

Rhinoceros Head mount

Gorilla Head mount

Hippopotamus Head Mount

Chimpanzee Head Mounts

Lorikeet Head Mount

Zebra Head Mounts

an Animatronic Crocodile where use the coins to throw into its mouth

some Animatronic Butterflies

Animatronic Elephants

Animatronic Lemurs

Animatronic Gorillas and Baby

Animatronic Python

Animatronic Pride of Jaguars

Tracey the Talking Tree

stargatedalek

I've only been to the one in Orlando. I found most of the animatronics to be significantly more life-like than I'd expected (and definitely compared to the solid statues they use), if painfully out of scale to one another.

The best part was definitely the fish tanks though, some absolutely incredible tanks.

I would liken Rainforest Cafe to a Cabela's or Bass Pro for kids. Lots of displays to look at, and things to buy.

MaastrichtianGuy

the Mushroom Bar

Atlas Holding the Globe showing the Americas with the quote saying Rescue the Rainforest

a Globe Showing the Americas

Some Macaws and Parrots

Toucans

an Iguana

Cockatoos

Dragonflies

a Chimpanzee swinging through the vines

MaastrichtianGuy

the Lava Lounge

a Rainbow

Bathroom Doors

Inside the Bathrooms

MaastrichtianGuy

the Aquariums

Barred Spinefoot

Bignose Unicornfish

Blue Tang

Bluespine Unicornfish

Bluethroat Triggerfish

Convict Tang

Garibaldi

Harlequin Tuskfish

Longspine Squirrelfish

Orange Band Surgeonfish

Pennant Coralfish

Porkfish

Purple Tang

Raccoon Butterflyfish

Sohal Surgeonfish

Threadfin Butterflyfish

Yellow Tang

Koran Angelfish or Semicircle Angelfish

Sailfin Tang

Sunset Wrasse

Naso Tang

MaastrichtianGuy

the Gift Shop

Takama

We used to go to the one in Mall Of  America back in the early 2000s   The Talking tree would scare the crap out of me as a kid, and i thought the Crocodile was a living one.

I bought myself a nice Chameleon Lizard Puppet that i missplaced somewhere :-[

MaastrichtianGuy

Quote from: Takama on January 23, 2017, 11:12:22 PM
We used to go to the one in Mall Of  America back in the early 2000s   The Talking tree would scare the crap out of me as a kid, and i thought the Crocodile was a living one.

I bought myself a nice Camihlian Lizard Puppet that i missplaced somewhere :-[
It's Chameleon lizard puppet

Rain

I went to the one in Canada as a part of a field trip about 15 years ago at this point. I still have the glow in the dark t shirt I got from the gift shop which, sadly, no longer glows. I could've sworn I remember there being a lot more wild life than just fish. Isn't there a bird exhibit or something?

BlueKrono

No, it's just fish. I've been to the one in Orlando a couple times and th one at the MOA about once a month.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Pachyrhinosaurus

No doubt my favorite restaurant! I've gone almost every year since 2005... it's an annual tradition for me. I've been to Both Disney World restaurants; Edison, NJ; Towson, MD; but most often Atlantic City. I'm quite a fan of the atmosphere and food!

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 24, 2017, 12:18:06 AM
No, it's just fish.

Actually some locations had bird shows (you can find pictures if you google it), but almost all of them stopped that program except for in Disneyland, California, due to an agreement with Disneyland. Unfortunately some locations have also phased out fish, Atlantic City didn't even have them when I went last. I doubt the Disney locations would do this though since the fish are pretty popular.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

BlueKrono

It seems Minnesota has lost the fish as well! Ah well. I hope they all found good homes where they can live out the rest of their happy fishy lives.  O:-) While I question the pertinence of Rainforest CafĂ© on the DTF, here's the reason I go: dinosaur chicken nuggets!

And they gave me a free cupcake for my birthday.  ^-^
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

MaastrichtianGuy

here are is the Elephant with its Calf standing in front of the outside of the place by the sign

and that's my visit to the Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs or Downtown Disney,what do you think of the place?share some pics from other Rainforest Cafe locations you visited

MaastrichtianGuy

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.