News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Thank You all for wishing me luck concerning the move. Only three weeks to go. I'm getting nervous.
I stopped ordering new figures or models two weeks ago. It hurts a bit, but it's too risky with
international shipping times and the two different addresses. I'll have to wait (PNSO's Olorotitan hurts especially ;D).

Quote from: SidB on August 27, 2021, 08:20:21 PM
Thanks for your sauropod update. Good luck on the move!

Quote from: Lanthanotus on August 27, 2021, 09:42:07 PM
Nice shots of a beautiful figure. Hope your new home allows for a lot of display space :)

The new home will be bigger and there are lots of plans in my head - it'll surely take a while until everything will be arranged.

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 27, 2021, 10:57:07 PM
The green version looks as beautiful as its brown sibling. I hope your move goes well and is trauma free!

Thank You! I'll do my best. I never thought I'd spend that much money on cardboard boxes and bubble wrap one day :P :) .
But I had to, because as You wrote it has to be trauma free.

Quote from: sauroid on September 01, 2021, 12:29:30 PM
that Dicraeosaurus is a beauty. good luck on your move.

Quote from: UK on September 05, 2021, 12:03:53 AM
avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian, good luck with the move Helge? Is this to create space for further expansion of the collection?

Let's hope to see photos of your mammoth collection altogether in it's full glory.

Thank You! Creating space for further expansion of the collection is one of the reasons :) ..... but the main reason for moving to
the suburban area is that I can't stand the noise and the smell of the city anymore. And my neighbourhood got pathetic by the years.
Yeah, I'm getting old.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on September 06, 2021, 04:41:42 AM
Fabulous herd of sauropods you got there😃
Good luck with the move and can't wait to see photos of the new home.

He, he, thanks! I'm so curious how it'll turn out - but as I wrote it'll take a while.

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 06, 2021, 09:58:47 AM
Thanks for continuing this fabulous thread!

Thank You, Stefan! There will be a longer break as I have to arrange so many other things now, but I will surely return.
As some might know I'm taking all my pictures under sunlight through a rooflight.
In the new apartment I have an additional attic on my own with such window - a bit smaller than the one I'm used to.
Another criteria that made me think that this is the right apartment :) .

UK

Hopefully Helge will be back soon with some updates.

postsaurischian

Quote from: UK on November 16, 2021, 04:24:12 PMHopefully Helge will be back soon with some updates.

It's nice to read a comment after all these months of my absence, Steve :) . Not many updates. There's so much going on in
 my private life since the move, I do not find the time. Plus: There had been negative experiences with a Chinese and a
 Japanese seller and all these prices and shipping costs going up :P ..... I switched to my comic book collection and did some
 important updates there :) . But now I have kind of a back-to-Dinosaurs feeling. The newest acquisition is this one .......
 (I'm missing my old light source from my old apartment. It's not as good now. I still have to find a better way to take pictures)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

Lord of the Print  Quetzalcoatlus (mounted version)   
                                          printed by Maximilian of MaxsMagnificentMinis / built up & painted by Martin Garratt

Scale is about 1:45 - 1:40. I guess the scale can differ, depending from whom you order this
                         3D printed model kit. I got it from Maximilian's Etsy shop. The printing quality is excellent, much
                         better than Shapeways. There's also an unmounted version, but I like the Dinotopia vibe.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 02, 2022, 02:29:44 PM
Quote from: UK on November 16, 2021, 04:24:12 PM
Hopefully Helge will be back soon with some updates.
It's nice to read a comment after all these months of my absence, Steve :) .
I also was missing your posts many times - Just didn't know how to act upon it -
Contemplated whether or not you're OK - almost posted a 'missing' add ...
Glad you're back with your extraordinary specimens -  Without it there's just too many 'repetitions'

Lanthanotus

Impressive model, I really dig the striding pose.

Nice to see you back, Helge.

Libraraptor

Great to see your thread back with an impressive Model!

ceratopsian

Welcome back. You have been much missed! An attractive paint job. I also like decorative brasses on the bridle!  It reminds me of some bridles on Ancient Greek coins.

KeU

Wow! What a Quetz build.
Definitely reminds me of Dinotopia.

Bokisaurus

Yay, so glad to see you back! And what a beautiful model, it's stunning and very well done!😃

Shonisaurus

That set of quetzalcoatlus with human, "domesticated" is very nice. The figure is resembles the Dinotopia series.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you for the comments! I hope I can find more time for taking pictures in the near future.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^-^

Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Chasmosaurus ~ repainted by Martin Garratt

:) after being stored away for many years it finally is on display again :)

ceratopsian

What an elegant paint job Martin did on the Chasmosaurus.  It must give you great pleasure to be able to display it again.  And what a beautifully balanced display!

JohannesB

I am always so impressed with Martin Garratt's work, it always looks gorgeous. Congratulations with those magnificent paint apps on those figures.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

:)

Bold miniatures #8  Dino Racers ~ Bisa & Tori (Pteranodon)   

original artwork by Baldi Konijn            sculpted by Ismael Nieto Cuesta             painted by Martin Garratt

When I first saw this one on paintingdinos' thread, I instandly fell in love and ordered me one
    I liked the original concept art by Baldi Konijn so much that I asked Martin to paint the figure as close as possible to it
                             What can I say? I absolutely love the result - as if it came right out of a Miyazaki movie!

v   Chubbie Allosaurus wants to join the hugging session   v

Shonisaurus

That sculptural set of pteranodon with human is charming and fun and so is the baby tyrannosaurus rex. The child I have inside makes me resurrect those images. Thanks for sharing.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 09, 2022, 08:31:54 PM
                                              Kaiyodo Dinoland 1:20 Chasmosaurus ~ repainted by Martin Garratt
                                         :) after being stored away for many years it finally is on display again :)

This one is my all time favourite.
The new color scheme is amazing.
I'm glad it got to return once more to  your display shelf.

Leyster

Those pterosaurs with riders remind me of Dinotopia, great works!
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

postsaurischian

:)  Thanks so much for your comments!
        Not only did Martin give the Chasmosaurus new colours - he also re-positioned the model's head and legs.
        It was a pre-built version and it was pre-built very bad.

8)

Han Xu (andrea94)  Mastodonsaurus   

base is made by Martin Garratt

compared to Bullyland's (re-painted) version:

paintingdinos

Oh I'm glad to see you got Bisa and Tori! Martin's workup looks fantastic as always, very faithful to the original artwork.

Loving the Mastodonsaurus as well. Great sculpt.

Duna

That Dino Racers figure looks amazing! It's very lifelike and gives away strenght.

Very nice Mastodonsaurus, Andrea94 is a very good sculptor. By the way, that base looks out of this world! It's so realistic.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: