News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beautiful Dinosaur mix

Started by postsaurischian, March 23, 2012, 02:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Absolutely beautiful, best Para version so far for me ^-^

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 30, 2021, 04:29:35 PMAbsolutely beautiful, best Para version so far for me ^-^

I can only concur with this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8)

•    REBOR Oddities Fossil Studies Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus    •

It's in about 1:7-1:8, next to Shane Foulkes' 1:18 model of C. nasicornis

postsaurischian

:)

~ •    CollectA Kamuysaurus    • ~
                                                                           originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

Small but excellent - for my tastes this is the best hadrosaur CollectA has ever produced.
                                                                            The sculpting (for such a small figure) has reached Kaiyodo level.

v   next to Kaiyodo's Dinosaur Expo 2019 Mukawaryu. Same species under a different name (as far as I know)   v

Libraraptor

Thanks, Helge, I´ll definitely get myself one after your great photography!

ceratopsian

High praise indeed from you Helge! I'm looking forward to ordering one very soon for myself. Beautiful photos of course.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you both for the comments!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:)

~ •    CollectA Mamenchisaurus    • ~
                                                                          originally sculpted by Matthias Geiger

v   next to Invicta's version from about 40 years ago   v

Halichoeres

Good year for CollectA's herbivores.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 12, 2021, 07:56:57 PM
Good year for CollectA's herbivores.

It really is.

Beautiful photos of both the Kamuysaurus and the Mamenchisaurus, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian! You did a really good job capturing all the graceful curves on that sauropod. Also, I had no idea the Invicta was that big. 
Check out my customs thread!

Shonisaurus

avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian My congratulations, the kamuysaurus is a pretty good figure but the one I like the most of the first group is without a doubt the Collecta mamenchisaurus, it's a shame that it wasn't a little bigger and that it wasn't at the same size scale I think I'm exaggerating because it would be huge) than itoy's paraceratherium recently reviewed by Boki. I didn't think it was the same size as Invicta's mamenchisaurus, that's a good size figure but not exactly too big from my point of view.

I thought Collecta's mamenchisaurus might be just as best anyway. It's the coolest figure of all along with Collecta's corpse brontosaurus when it comes to the first wave of Collecta. The second wave of Collecta is without a doubt much more interesting for my taste.

Kapitaenosavrvs

QuoteSmall but excellent - for my tastes this is the best hadrosaur CollectA has ever produced.

It is the same to me. Also, the Paintjob does bot have the greatest of colours, but in Hand everything seems to work out with the Colours. Its even better than in the Promoshots. At least to me.

Your Photographs really show the Detail in a great way. It looks like a 25cm+ Figure in Pictures. Personally, i like these even smaller, new CollectAs alot.

The only "issue" i have with the Mamenchisaurus ist the Neck and how warped it is. It is understandable and its okay, but on the upper region, the Neck is quite soft and hard to reshape. I want it to be a bit straighter. Thanks for the Pics :) And fantastic Idea with the Invicta! That was my first thought, when i opened the Package and saw the Mamenchineck from the front :-D

Bokisaurus

Awesome to see the CollectAs had landed!
Isn't that Mamenchisaurus just elegant looking? Fabulous photos as always 😃

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for all the comments!

Quote from: Dusty Wren on April 12, 2021, 08:02:43 PM....... I had no idea the Invicta was that big.

Except for the marine reptiles and the Troodon the Invicta Dinosaurs were made in what was thought to be 1:45 back then.

:D

Battat - Boston Museum of Science Collection • Dilophosaurus wetherilli version 3   
                                                                            originally sculpted by Dan LoRusso

This Dilopho is something special to me. It's the last figure that was missing in my Battat Collection. Thank you avatar_WebDragon @WebDragon for the trade!
            I had never heard of the Battat figures until I joined the forum 10 years ago. I instantly fell in love with the series but didn't believe I would
         once have the complete collection. Some of the most difficult-to-get ones I got with a little help from DTF members - Thanks again all of you!

v   oldies but goldies - The Kaiyodo Dinoland model is still my favourite Dilophosaurus figure   v

stoneage

Except the Blue Whale and Ichthyosaurus.  Also at the time the Liopleurodon was thought to be 18% too small.  It was so much bigger then, it's smaller then that now.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your purchase, I see that you have completed your collection. So you have like me all three versions of Battat's dilophosaurus? The first two versions are a bit harder to find than this cool Battat paleo-sculpture although this latest version is by far the best of the three.

PrimevalRaptor

Some great new acquisitions and stunning photos, that Kamuysaurus really is a tiny gem, I'm amazed at the amount of detail in the sculpt! CollectA really has come far from the Procon days.

postsaurischian

:)  Thank you for the comments!

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 24, 2021, 08:58:47 AM....... So you have like me all three versions of Battat's dilophosaurus? The first two versions are a bit harder to find than this cool Battat paleo-sculpture although this latest version is by far the best of the three.

No, I admit I do not have the complete collection.
 I only have one version of each - Tyrannosaurus and Dilophosaurus - the ones I like best (versions 3). I'm not a completist.

^-^

PNSO • PREHISTORIC ANIMAL MODELS THAT ACCOMPANY YOUR GROWTH No.46
                                                                         ~ •    Pachycephalosaurus    • ~

little Pachycephalosaurus collection (clockwise from top left)   

Favorite Collection   •   Wild Safari   •   PNSO   •   Kaiyodo Dinotales   •   Battat   •   Kaiyodo Coca-Cola JPIII   •   Papo

Eocarcharia

You have a marvellous collection, and always such lovely photographs as well. The bases are a really nice addition to the pictures, too.

postsaurischian

:D  Thank you Eocarcharia!

Beasts of the Mesozoic Mononykus welcoming Papo's best Dinosaur figure of 2021 to the collection - the Emu :)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Looking at the Pachycephalosaurus group shot confuses me even more as to what scale the PNSO is.

Also nice to see the Mononykus next to its err inspiration. And I'm sure it is the best
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Handsome photos of the Pachycephalosaurus and his friends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: