News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PrimevalRaptor's artworks

Started by PrimevalRaptor, July 22, 2019, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Magnificent illustrations, first the color scheme of the iguanodon is grayish green decorated with stripes like zebras as a camouflage pattern, the color of the head is reddish or vermilion to orange. By the way, you have given him front hooves with very long fingers and with those extraordinary weapons, many theropods of the time would think twice before hunting or confronting him, especially if he is a healthy male or adult and if he goes in a herd.

The snowy landscape with the coelodonta has been very good, you can see the snow fall as if it were the same photograph, the dimensional effect is palpable, you have painted the atmosphere in that painting and I tell you sincerely, the blur is great.

Finally, the ceratosuchops is very beautiful, that bright paint greatly enhances your artistic work and gives volume and shapes to the figure.

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks a lot! The Iguanodon is actually based on the classic Burian one, just had to pay homage to that. :D

Edmontosaurus regalis calling out for a mate in Cretaceous Alberta, Canada.
The early hadrosaur catches the worm, right?

PrimevalRaptor

Bumping cause we're all feeling the Prehistoric Planet hype right now and I just had to do a screenshot redraw featuring a Nanuqsaurus enjoying its meal. That episode was pretty...cool!

HD-man

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on May 27, 2022, 08:22:45 AMBumping cause we're all feeling the Prehistoric Planet hype right now and I just had to do a screenshot redraw featuring a Nanuqsaurus enjoying its meal. That episode was pretty...cool!

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you, giant floating head!  :))

Finished something today after mulling around for weeks

Kamuysaurus was an around eight meter long hadrosaur from the late Cretaceous discovered in Hokkaido, Japan.
It's named after the Ainu term for their deities and spiritual beings.

acro-man

Absolutely great!
It will be just a matter of time before every picture gets 100+ likes
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! That would be impressive for sure, and speaking of impressive: Time for pterosaurs again!

Tupandactylus navigans soaring at high altitude, but not quite in the danger zone yet.

Halichoeres

I like the disruptive coloration on the crest. With the dark streak down the back, it almost looks like another, smaller pterosaur going the other direction!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Pliosaurking

Beautiful artwork avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor
I Love the colouration, it looks like a cross between a seabird and a bird of paradise

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks guys!
The coloration is actually inspired by the F/A-18E Super Hornet from the new Top Gun, I figured it would look really good on a pterosaur and it sure did!
Now with some new discoveries it's time to head underwater once more though.

Rather quick drawing of the newly discovered large mosasaur Thalassotitan atrox (what a name!) from Cretaceous Morocco.
Was in a bit of an artblock but I can always count on mosasaurs to leverage that.

Mamasaurus

I love the atmosphere in your paintings! They are gorgeous, and I love the patterns you choose for the animals. Using Blender to render a quick reference model is a great idea too. I've made a few maquettes for a few of my paintings, but there's always the space problem. I just haven't worked up the courage to tackle anything like Blender yet, but your thread is inspiring!  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

PrimevalRaptor

Thank you! I can recommend it, Blender may seem daunting at first but there are a few great tutorials out there and it got quite a few handy tools compared to when I started back in the day lol

Bringing some new (well three weeks ago, I just don't wanna bump threads unnecessarily) art along as well, a quick drawing of the large carcharodontosaurid Meraxes gigas, described this year.

PrimevalRaptor

I don't like double posting that much but it's been a few months and I got some new stuff soooo

Phorusrhacos, commonly known as 'terror bird' due to their size and carnivorous diet, was a large flightless bird inhabiting Argentina during the Miocene (20-13 million years ago).
I like terror birds a lot and I never really drew them digitally so far so I had to fix that.

As the tide recedes, the corpse of a beached mosasaur attracts the first curious onlookers.

PrimevalRaptor

Daspletosaurus wilsoni is a tyrannosaurid described in 2022 from the Judith River Formation in Montana (USA).

Fun Fact: I used this 'trick' for color picking and...color me surprised, it works wonders

Kei

Woww Your art style is gorgeous ! I adore the scheme you did for the Daspletosaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on January 20, 2023, 09:02:50 PM

As the tide recedes, the corpse of a beached mosasaur attracts the first curious onlookers.

What a bounty for a few lucky scavengers!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PrimevalRaptor

Thanks guys!
That mosasaur sure is gonna be a buffet for them.

Got something simpler this time (well, no background) but I wanted to draw an Allosaurus inspired by the Carnegie Collection one since that was one of my favorites as a kid (and still is)
Now this is double relevant to the forum lol

PrimevalRaptor

Slightly experimental drawing of Quetzalcoatlus inspired by the manga Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō which I recently read, check it out if you like calmer stories and interesting angles on the end of humanity

PrimevalRaptor

Got...a fairly huge chunk of new-ish art since my last post so I'm gonna update here, long post inbound lol

First off a study featuring the Rajasaurus from Prehistoric Planet, simply HAD to draw this one, it's one of my favorite designs from the show.

Next up a quick drawing of Torosaurus inspired by the nonbinary flag for Pride Month.

And then I decided to branch out a bit, starting with a simple portrait of the iconic Pelagornis...

And last but not least Borealestes, a tiny docodontan, scurrying across the underbrush of what is now the Isle of Skye, 166 million years ago.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_PrimevalRaptor @PrimevalRaptor
Wow, I thought the Rajasaurus was a screenshot. You are good at recreations

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: