You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread's Collection (Bottom of Page 6 for Updated/Restart of my collection!

Started by Bread, June 27, 2020, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Impressive! Even I,  who am not a huge JP collector, am impressed by the substance of these T-rexes.

Bread

Bread

Images deleted.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions, it is interesting that you diversify into other species. For me, dimetrodon and edaphosaurus, both contemporaries of the Permian, are very interesting. Without a doubt, the edaphosaurus from Collecta and the dimetrodon from Safari are the best figures of their respective species.

Bread

Images deleted.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new additions. The most spectacular of all is the dunkleoteus by far. It is beautiful! On the other hand, the olorotitan is a rare dinosaur, rare in the toy dinosaur market (that is to say, little treated) and that of PNSO leaves that species of dinosaur well represented by far.

The atopodentatus is another good representation of PNSO although that is for me the least interesting prehistoric animal, maybe because I have it on my shelves? I'm glad for you. Nice collection.

Halichoeres

That's a good PNSO batch. Still waiting for my Olorotitan, which I ordered over a month ago...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Thank you avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres

Halichoeres I had another lost in transit issue. Best to contact PNSO through amazon and they may provide a refund or replacement if no updates on the package are shown.

Shonisaurus I agree. I am actually unfamiliar with Atopodentatus. I always admired the figure so I wanted to pick it up before PNSO decide to cancel or stop production of it. So far I will be eventually doing research of my own on the animal.

Halichoeres

Let me know if you want a copy of the paper describing the intact skull of Atopodentatus, which I downloaded for my DTB review.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 12, 2021, 08:45:51 PM
Let me know if you want a copy of the paper describing the intact skull of Atopodentatus, which I downloaded for my DTB review.
Sure, unless the paper is going to be featured or linked through your review, then there is no need to send it. I read quite a bit of the DTB reviews.

Never mind, found your review. I feel that the review honestly holds a good bit of information to really describe this prehistoric animal. Thank you!

Also, it was a very good review and held the basic information I needed for this one. Originally I was unfamiliar with this animal when PNSO released it.

Duna

You have made a really nice PNSO selection, the best of the best.

I wasn't aware of the size of the Dunkleosteus! Wow, looks, impressive. Congrats!

Bread

Duplicate post by accident.

Bread

Bread

Been a while since I have attended my collection thread, plus as of lately my acquisition(s) have been zero. For a while my interest in this hobby had been low. Of course dinosaurs and other prehistoric fauna never left my brain, but picking up figures has been at an all time low.

Up until recently, I've really brought back in an interest in these once living animals. Prehistoric Planet really brought back my interest heavily, plus my recent new job is steady so financially this hobby can resume at a calm yet acquirable manner.

To add to my acquiring figures, I have a few rules now.

1. Most, if not all, therapod's must have lips. Spinosaurids are excused.

2. Figures must be in the 1/30 to 1/40 scale range, give or take a few will be slightly over 1/30. Nothing above 1/25. This will depend on how much I like the model/figure if it is 1/25. 

3. Most accurate rendition of the species is necessary. A few will ignore this rule (you will see further down the line in my collection).

4. Popular or well-known genus's only. Few exceptions may ignore this rule down the line.

Now, for the first figure presented on my updated collection:

Eofauna's Triceratops sp. (1/35)

Definitely one of the best Triceratops figures on the market. Very active pose. Odd, yet charming colorscheme. Originally the cryptic variant interested me more, but eventually I chose the dominant due to subtle colorscheme.

Bread

Another addition(s)!

Eofauna's Diplodocus carnegii (1/40)

Best sauropod on the market? For sure. Having it in hand brought back Walking with Dinosaur memories. Episode 2 was always my favorite, plus Big Al's story. Also brought the desire for an Allosaurus, which none on the market really appeal to me.

PNSO's Lambeosaurus lambei (~1/30)

Originally, I had this figure, but it always had balancing issues due to its back right foot being warped. Always left a bad taste in my mouth and dramatically ruined the figure for me, so it was sold off. As of recently, I wanted a hadrosaur in the 1/30 to 1/40 scale range, and of course this beauty was the right way to go. I was a little worried about opening the package to see a downgrade in paint applications and a warped foot being apparent again. Nevertheless I went for it, and I surely acquired a perfect model.

Aside from the seahorse like head, a top-notch hadrosaur in my collection. Somewhat breaks my rule for being a popular genus, I consider Lambeosaurus well-known amongst dinosaur fans, but not popular within the public. That would go to Parasaurolophus or Edmontosaurus, which both don't have remarkable or definitive figures at the moment.

Bread

PNSO's Ankylosaurus magniventris (~1/35)

Another figure I originally owned, but sold off due to quality control issues. I had the second batch of this figure and it was certainly a downgrade to the beautiful first wave of this figure. In the end, I sold off the second batch figure and always debated on whether I should try to acquire one of the newer batches, which were reported to be an upgrade from the second.

Well, here we are and I have been lucky to have acquired one of the new batches! From the looks of it, it could be batch 4, less of a grey wash for sure and less pink random splotches. Overall, a wonderful figure. Charming and curious pose, and I am glad to have it again in my collection.

Bread

Duplicate posts.

Darko2300

Quote from: Bread on May 29, 2022, 10:27:58 PMPNSO's Ankylosaurus (~1/35)

Another figure I originally owned, but sold off due to quality control issues. I had the second batch of this figure and it was certainly a downgrade to the beautiful first wave of this figure. In the end, I sold off the second batch figure and always debated on whether I should try to acquire one of the newer batches, which were reported to be an upgrade from the second.

Well, here we are and I have been lucky to have acquired one of the new batches! From the looks of it, it could be batch 4, less of a grey wash for sure and less pink random splotches. Overall, a wonderful figure. Charming and curious pose, and I am glad to have it again in my collection.

Where did you purchase him from this time? I love the sculpt of this figure, but I'm almost too afraid to even try and get one now. (And as an aside, do you have any updated pictures of your collection?)

Bread

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 I ordered Sede off of PNSO's Amazon store, pretty recent too.

No current picture of my entire collection. I have some more figures on the way, so maybe then I'll take some group shots.

Darko2300

Quote from: Bread on May 30, 2022, 01:06:26 AMavatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 I ordered Sede off of PNSO's Amazon store, pretty recent too.

No current picture of my entire collection. I have some more figures on the way, so maybe then I'll take some group shots.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: