News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur figures in your dreams

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 16, 2022, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

This topic was inspired by a recent dream I had about new Papo pterosaurs, which i discussed in the New for 2022 topic for lack of a better place;

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 14, 2022, 09:19:57 PMThe Tethydraco was in a similar pose to the CollectA geosternbergia and it had blue gannet-like face patterns on the head, a large dark blue patch on the back, with yellow scales on the legs but most of it was varying tones of grey and white

The Istiodactylus was in a flapping position like their Dimorphodon with one foot raised off the ground like the cerato, and it was mostly brown, similar to that unnamed Pterosaur from Episode 3 of PrePlanet, with a beak that slowly transitioned from gray to black at the tip, as well as yellow eyes, and the small (yet painted) teeth at the front of the beak

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 14, 2022, 11:45:16 PMIn my dream, a display case full of them spontaneously manifested in my bookshelf, which was for some reason completely without books.

Has anybody else had dreams involving their dinosaur figures or new ones coming out? I recall having more figure-related dreams before, but none of the details are clear anymore
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Takama

I recall Dreaming of Being in a Bookstore, seeing a Papo Display and among the figures was a brand new Plateosaurus.

YES really.

Gwangi

I've had dreams about dinosaur figures. Usually it involves finding rare figures in an antique/thrift/collectible store. Sometimes I'm finding one or two figures, other times it's an entire lot, but the price is always right. Often the figures aren't even ones that actually exist, just manifestations of my imagination, but in the dream they're rare and coveted.

EmperorDinobot

We Bionicle fans call this phenomena "The Dream"(TM). I always have dreams that I am in a store looking at the toys that made my childhood. But the older I get and the more I fill in the gaps and holes in my collection, such dreams tend to cease.

Bowhead Whale

Whenever I dream I find a neat toy in a store, it always ends by disappearing from my hands. When I was a child, the toy would fall off my hands and disappear through the floor like a ghost. Today, whenever I dream about getting a fantastic item, I dream it disappears from my hands. Really annoying.

Stegotyranno420

Many times. Mostly me getting figures I want via unknown or illogical means, such as Carnegies or PNSOs. But every now and then there will be previews of unreleased figures in my dreams

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 17, 2022, 09:02:02 PMMany times. Mostly me getting figures I want via unknown or illogical means, such as Carnegies or PNSOs. But every now and then there will be previews of unreleased figures in my dreams

Dreams are always illogical. Not by their meanings, but by the events they show.

Faelrin

There's been so many times I've dreamed of either something that doesn't exist (yet) or buying something that I wake up to only feel disappointment about because it's not there, and was just a dream.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Takama on June 16, 2022, 10:46:20 PMI recall Dreaming of Being in a Bookstore, seeing a Papo Display and among the figures was a brand new Plateosaurus.

YES really.
That would be amazing if it were to really materialize, however unlikely. Plateosaurus as a cereal box collectable was my very first dinosaur, way back when.

Faelrin

Well time to dig this thread up because it just happened. I dreamed up while napping, that I found this nice Tylosaurus figure, which was apparently from Safari Ltd and the year 2011 (which is oddly specific), while on the DinoToyCollector site (which I have spent way too much on as of late). Kind of resembled the PNSO one, but it oddly had a weird snake like body curling around itself. Did have the fluked tail though. More sea serpent then Tylosaurus I think.

What's funny is that shortly after I was straight up reminiscing inside the dream about playing the Jurassic Park III Park Builder game on GBA that I grew up with, and it is what introduced me to Tylosaurus. Now not in the dream, but a relevant detail, is that I used to always get it from doing the cheapest expeditions to Australia in the game.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

I had another figure-related dream last night. About new CollectA reveals, funnily enough.

There was a blue Ceratopsian, seemingly a Chasmosaur due to the tall frill and horns, but I don't remember it that well.

There was also a Brown Saurophaganax, that had similar vibes to a Todd Marshall reconstruction, yet in CollectA's style. Think the Dunkleosteus.

I'm sure there was at least one more, but I can't remember anything about them.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.