News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I ran the list price from Nanmu's post through a conversion and for the deluxe offering, it came out to about 68 dollars while the dragon soul figure ran at about 100.

I have serious doubts this will be the final price, mostly because the other recent large therapods (Giganotosaurus, V-rex, and Buck rex) have averaged around 80 dollars each for just the standard release. Perhaps 69.99 would be an accurate price before all the import taxes and what not are added.

Joliezac

Do we know which is the PVC one and which is part of the Dragon Soul series? I want the standard JP3 one in PVC but I'm not sure which one that is....

Carnoking

Roaring ones are PVC. The one with the rex skeleton base is the resin Dragon Soul series

Joliezac

Ok sweet thank you  :) I liked that one a bit more anyways so happy to know its PVC. I will just have to keep an eye out for when it goes up for preorder

SenSx

I'm very tempted by the albino too.
I don't really need it, but it's beautiful.

need4swede

I quite like the brown color scheme Nanmu offered on their last Spino.
It's my favorite one (in terms of color) out of my collection:

Spoiler
[close]

The albino one looks cool, and would definitely set it apart from all the JP3 colors schemes, but I would still prefer something less extreme.
I would even prefer the Camp Cretaceous Spino colors over yet another JP3

Spoiler
[close]
- Swede

dragon53

Would anyone with the original JP3 Spinosaurus Supplanter compare it to the photos of the new one in terms of any improvements, etc?

Sturisoma

Quote from: dragon53 on June 30, 2022, 01:32:21 AMWould anyone with the original JP3 Spinosaurus Supplanter compare it to the photos of the new one in terms of any improvements, etc?

New one seems to have better paint and details (?), and has a non-articualted mouth, plus optional base for DX. Dragon Soul is made of their hybrid resin material, also with base and non-articualted mouth. Also seems bigger and longer. I suppose we can only wait for actual figures to compare their little details with justice.

dragon53

STURISOMA:

Thanks for the info.

I'm leaning towards the PVC color version....I wonder if you can choose which base to buy or does the brown base come only with the colored version and the green base only with the albino version as seen in the photos.

I'm waiting to see all the prices.

Sturisoma

Quote from: dragon53 on July 01, 2022, 01:47:57 PMSTURISOMA:

Thanks for the info.

I'm leaning towards the PVC color version....I wonder if you can choose which base to buy or does the brown base come only with the colored version and the green base only with the albino version as seen in the photos.

I'm waiting to see all the prices.

Unfortunately, what you see is what you get. You can't exchange bases unless you buy them all  :)) I don't buy from aliexpress, but there are comments here where there are sellers who offer the bases only, so maybe you can buy standard PVC, then buy the base you like in aliexpress.
Personally I want the green base for the JP3 color as the plane crash scene was in a forest. Still contemplating if I will get the albino.

need4swede

Quote from: dragon53 on June 30, 2022, 01:32:21 AMWould anyone with the original JP3 Spinosaurus Supplanter compare it to the photos of the new one in terms of any improvements, etc?

Here's my original Spino from Nanmu:

Head - JP3
Spoiler

[close]

Body - JP3
Spoiler

[close]

Head - Brown
Spoiler

[close]

Body - Brown
Spoiler

[close]

Both w/ W-Dragon 1.0
Spoiler

[close]
- Swede

Over9K

IMO, the 1.0 has the better paint app, compared to the W-Dragon...

The pose might be a bit neutral, but still displays and photographs well.

dragon53

NEED4SWEDE:

Thanks for the photos.
As Sturisoma said, the new version appears to have improved detail---the skin texture/scales appear to finer.
Now I'm waiting for the prices to be announced.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on July 02, 2022, 01:24:06 AMNEED4SWEDE:

Thanks for the photos.
As Sturisoma said, the new version appears to have improved detail---the skin texture/scales appear to finer.
Now I'm waiting for the prices to be announced.

It is finer/smoother but that doesn't match the film, the animatronic anyway.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 02, 2022, 05:27:43 AMIt is finer/smoother but that doesn't match the film, the animatronic anyway.

This is why I'm patiently waiting to see how the P1 Spino turns out. I just hope it's better than P1's other offerings at that scale.

That being said, my only complaint about Nanmu Spino 2.0 is the color choice. I get that Nanmu doing a JP3 Spino ultimately means doing a JP3 color variant, but the albino version is a bit too extreme for me and I already have plenty of JP3 Spinos in my set. The previous brown version remains my favorite Spino for this reason - I absolutely love the colors on that one.
- Swede

dragon53

So Nanmu's upcoming JP3 Spinosaurus has smoother scales which are inaccurate compared to the animatronic, so how accurate is the new JP3 Spinosaurus' paint scheme compared to the movie version and the original Nanmu JP3?

In other words, should I buy Nanmu's original JP3 Spinosaurus or the upcoming version?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on July 02, 2022, 03:04:28 PMSo Nanmu's upcoming JP3 Spinosaurus has smoother scales which are inaccurate compared to the animatronic, so how accurate is the new JP3 Spinosaurus' paint scheme compared to the movie version and the original Nanmu JP3?

In other words, should I buy Nanmu's original JP3 Spinosaurus or the upcoming version?

I don't think any of them have the absolutely INSANE detail that is present in the SWS maquette or animatronic. Nanmu's old version does a decent job but its still very over simplified.

This new version seems to have maybe a bit more paint work in the sail than the other?

Sovereign59

Is Nanmu moving away from articulated jaws? It looks like both Spinosaurs and Carnotaurs are lacking them.

dragon53

I just found out an alumnus of my alma mater discovered a Dreadnoughtus neck bone, so I'm hoping Nanmu will release a DOMINION Dreadnoughtus.

LINK: https://www.wunc.org/science-technology/2014-09-11/nc-state-student-uncovered-neck-bone-of-biggest-dinosaur-ever

Two questions:

1. Are there any rumors of Nanmu releasing a new Mosasaurus?
2. Aside from Papo, has anyone released a Gorgosaurus?

Sturisoma

Quote from: dragon53 on July 02, 2022, 03:04:28 PMSo Nanmu's upcoming JP3 Spinosaurus has smoother scales which are inaccurate compared to the animatronic, so how accurate is the new JP3 Spinosaurus' paint scheme compared to the movie version and the original Nanmu JP3?

If you want more textured scales, you should go for the Prime 1 1/38 spino. However, the sculpt might be too rough for your liking. The old W-Dragon spino is also based on the animatronic. Nanmu I think makes minor inaccuracies (most notably the eyes) which I believe allows them to avoid copyright issues. I dont know Chinese intellectual property law though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: