News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojo Fun: New for 2022

Started by Takama, December 25, 2021, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

Oh wow the detail is really good and it is nearly as big as the Carnegie one. Definitely good to see such on the market after a while. Color me impressed.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Faelrin on July 03, 2022, 04:13:39 AMOh wow the detail is really good and it is nearly as big as the Carnegie one. Definitely good to see such on the market after a while. Color me impressed.
And not terribly pricey either, which in a world of PNSO Museum Line, Nanmu, W-Dragon, etc., has to count for something.

Leyster

S @SidB oh wow, that's better than I expected it to be!

By the way, do you happen to have any Eofauna proboscidean to compare it with?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

edu

It looks great! What's the scale in this guy? I am interested in adding it to my Eofauna proboscidean family.

suspsy

If only its tusks were more curved, it would arguably be the best woolly mammoth toy to date.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on July 03, 2022, 12:14:41 PMIf only its tusks were more curved, it would arguably be the best woolly mammoth toy to date.
Valid point!

SidB

E @edu and L @Leyster , for comparison , here are two pictures of the 1/40 scale Eofauna Steppe Mammoth and also the old Papo Steppe Mammoth:

Leyster

@supsy I think tusks may bend easily under an hairdryer

Thanks for the pics, S @SidB . It looks too big to represent the classical siberian Mammuthus primigenius next to the Eofaunas, but I wonder if it might work for the European population?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Gwangi

Wow. Maybe Mojo's best figure? Ever? If I didn't have the Carnegie mammoth I would get this one.

edu

Thanks a lot, S @SidB
L @Leyster , considering that the other eofauna proboscideans are in the 1:35 scale, it will probably fit better with them, right?
I'll get it and bend those tusk further.

SidB

Quote from: edu on July 04, 2022, 12:00:53 AMThanks a lot, S @SidB
L @Leyster , considering that the other eofauna proboscideans are in the 1:35 scale, it will probably fit better with them, right?
I'll get it and bend those tusk further.
E @edu, the old 2014  review on the DTB for the Carnegie Wooly Mammoth listed it as 1/30. If so, then the somewhat smaller new Mojo would indeed be moving in the direction of 1/35, if not quite there. This is very, very approximate, of course.

Leyster

E @edu I tend to distrust the official scale provided by brand, they tend to be off, sometimes very much.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SidB on July 03, 2022, 01:36:08 PME @edu and L @Leyster , for comparison , here are two pictures of the 1/40 scale Eofauna Steppe Mammoth and also the old Papo Steppe Mammoth:

How in the heck did I miss the mammoth?  I've been checking back on the main thread to read the headlines and this just slipped past me.  Now Minizoo is sold out and no one has this here in the US.

CARN0TAURUS

Please if you have one post more images from all sides.  It looks really good.

bmathison1972

This mammoth is much better than my initial impression from promo pics (I think it was the angle of the first revealed pic...).

I also initially thought the tusks were too straight, but from what I have read since, the curvature is highly variable in this species.

I don't think I'll replace the mammoth I have, but it's a very nice representation.

SidB

Quote from: bmathison1972 on July 13, 2022, 05:39:23 PMThis mammoth is much better than my initial impression from promo pics (I think it was the angle of the first revealed pic...).

I also initially thought the tusks were too straight, but from what I have read since, the curvature is highly variable in this species.

I don't think I'll replace the mammoth I have, but it's a very nice representation.

Yes, the tusk issue initially concerned me too, but I reached the same conclusion as you, once I did a bit of research too.

SidB

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on July 13, 2022, 05:37:33 PMPlease if you have one post more images from all sides.  It looks really good.
Sure, here you are -

CARN0TAURUS

Thialfi

Anybody interested in a bunch more shots? I have comparison shots with the EoFauna steppe mammoth, the Papo woolly mammoth, Favorite Co. Ltd. woolly mammoth and Carnegie woolly mammoth.

Spoiler: the Mojo one is really good. It firmly nestles itself amongst the Carnegie and EoFauna one as one of the best mammoths on the market.

I also have the coelacanth if anyone is interested in that!

SidB

Sure, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , more mammoth shots would be welcome!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: