News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

I'd gladly take a 1:35 scale sauropod from PNSO every now and then but if they started releasing them with the same consistency they were doing figures back in 2020/2021, then I'd be in trouble  :o

Renecito

Lingwulong

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

suspsy

47.5 cm long, eh? That means it'll be way oversized like the Safari Amargasaurus and super expensive. I'll hold out in the hopes that CollectA eventually does one at a smaller scale.

It looks really nice, though!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Joel1905

Quote from: suspsy on July 10, 2022, 01:16:03 PM47.5 cm long, eh? That means it'll be way oversized like the Safari Amargasaurus and super expensive. I'll hold out in the hopes that CollectA eventually does one at a smaller scale.

It looks really nice, though!

Oversized? It scales pretty well, if we're talking 1:35 then it equates to a 17m long animal which is within the estimates for this genus. As its in the Prehistoric Animals line, I think it'll be about £35. In terms of overall mass and material, there's not much more to it than the Acrocanthosaurus, its just long.

£35 for an accurate, highly detailed, high quality sauropod that's nearly 50cm long? I think that's fantastic!

Gwangi

The Safari Amargasaurus is about 1/22 in scale while this Lingwulong is about 1/43, a totally acceptable scale, at least for me. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, this is a splendid sauropod. Not a fan of the goofy looking overbite but I can live with it.

ceratopsian

I'm absolutely thrilled finally to see a new sauropod coming from PNSO.  Yes, it's long - but it'll fit into my sauropod shelf with its relatives.  I'm always keen on PNSO releasing Chinese dinosaurs, something else in its favour.  And the fossil remains are pretty complete.  The icing on the cake, this is a genus not represented in my collection.  What more could I ask for on a hot Sunday afternoon!?  (Though I agree with avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi that the overbite makes for a goofy look.)

SenSx

At last, PNSO is back !
Can't wait for the rumored Suchomimus, hope it will be released soon !

Faras

Might need to open in new tab for bigger pics.

bmathison1972

WOW, a PNSO sauropod!

While 47 cm appears big I have trouble conceptualizing sizes based on written measurements; I'll have to wait and see comparison pics from collectors on this or other forums, then I will make up my mind. But for now, a tentative 'yes'

EDIT: My Safari Diplodocus is scaled 1:40-1:45, so if the scale calculations above by avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi is correct, it should be fine for me too!

Carnoking

Carnoking

And I suppose this lends some credence to the last leaks spoken about here. Perhaps this means a Suchomimus is all but inevitable!

CarnotaurusKing

https://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/lingwulong-by-pnso/

On Dan's Dinosaurs, it's priced at $66.99. I hope this is just a placeholder and that it'll be closer to other Prehistoric Animal Models in terms of price, when it's released. Of course, a figure of this size being that expensive is understandable, but I hope it is cheaper. The figure itself looks fantastic (save for the toothy grin).

EmperorDinobot

What a charming dinosaur! One I have not even heard of as of this writing...

Faelrin

I've been wanting a model of this since it was named and described back in 2018! So glad to see PNSO deliver a beautiful model of this animal. In fact I'm actually quite surprised not even CollectA jumped on it, as they seemed rather quick to getting figures out of newly described genera. I'm also relieved this isn't a museum line model either. Could be a while before I get to it however (still need to order the Acrocanthosaurus too, and everything else I'm behind on from them).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on July 10, 2022, 01:58:14 PMThe Safari Amargasaurus is about 1/22 in scale while this Lingwulong is about 1/43, a totally acceptable scale, at least for me. I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, this is a splendid sauropod. Not a fan of the goofy looking overbite but I can live with it.
A 1/43 scale Lingwulong  is most welcome for me.

JohannesB

ItsTwentyBelow

Excellent looking Lingwulong! I like to dabble in PNSO figures, and I will certainly make room for this one. Interested in what Amazon will be selling it for.

And 1:35 to 1:45 scale is my jam! Should look pretty good next to the Eofauna Atlasaurus.

Bokisaurus

Wow, finally a sauropod from PNSO! What a beautiful model! I can't wait to get it and see it in person 😃

Faras

C @CarnotaurusKing Official Taobao price just came out - same as museum line T. rex and Stegosaurus so global price is indeed $66.99, oh well.

Link: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537/tb.1997196601.14.45057484KO9moN&id=677982758758
Taobao release at 8pm, 12th July (+8GMT), small 18m individual (pretending it's 1:35 ;)) .

Pics from store page, no interesting info (prehistoric line NO 63):
Spoiler

[close]

Edit: oops sorry, release date is 12th.

Gwangi

Ok, wow. $66.99 is definitely too rich for my blood. This is a case where they might as well had made it a museum line figure with the extra posters and whatnot.   

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: