News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Given the girth of the animal it's a pretty big hunk of plastic. Price is probably reflective of that in part.

Dan

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on July 10, 2022, 04:30:26 PMhttps://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/lingwulong-by-pnso/

On Dan's Dinosaurs, it's priced at $66.99. I hope this is just a placeholder and that it'll be closer to other Prehistoric Animal Models in terms of price, when it's released. Of course, a figure of this size being that expensive is understandable, but I hope it is cheaper. The figure itself looks fantastic (save for the toothy grin).

This is the official MSRP. There is also a coupon which expires today, in the Dan's Dinosaurs Classifieds thread.

Shonisaurus

By the way the PNSO lingwulong looks great, only question is this as I am interested in buying it. Is it solid PVC? I'm more interested in a chunky lingwulong. Due to personal reasons I cannot regularly access this forum. That said, I'm more interested in a massive lingwulong, like your mosasaurus.

CarnotaurusKing

avatar_Faras @Faras avatar_Dan @Dan Thank you for confirming. Sadly I can't use the coupon since I'm a bit strapped for cash currently. Maybe an AliExpress sale. Sorry.

Renecito

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 11, 2022, 09:08:14 PMBy the way the PNSO lingwulong looks great, only question is this as I am interested in buying it. Is it solid PVC? I'm more interested in a chunky lingwulong. Due to personal reasons I cannot regularly access this forum. That said, I'm more interested in a massive lingwulong, like your mosasaurus.

Yes, it's solid PVC.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Shonisaurus

Deleted

Shonisaurus

Deleted

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 12, 2022, 05:09:08 AM
Quote from: Renecito on July 11, 2022, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 11, 2022, 09:08:14 PMBy the way the PNSO lingwulong looks great, only question is this as I am interested in buying it. Is it solid PVC? I'm more interested in a chunky lingwulong. Due to personal reasons I cannot regularly access this forum. That said, I'm more interested in a massive lingwulong, like your mosasaurus.

Yes, it's solid PVC.

Thanks for the information, I estimate one hundred percent to acquire this beauty and add it to my collection. I'm more interested in solid sauropods. :)

Concavenator

I was wondering what the price for sauropods in the Prehistoric Animal Models range was going to be, so $ 66.99... granted, Lingwulong is also a large(ish) sauropod...maybe smaller sauropods won't be as expesive, though I'm wondering what would happen with larger sauropods like Apatosaurus, large titanosaurs... would they make them at a smaller scale or would they also make them at ~ 1:35 scale? Curious to see what the prices on those would be in the 2nd case. Curiously, this Lingwulong is more expensive than last year's Mamenchisaurus, despite the latter being released in the Museum Line.

I wish its teeth weren't exposed (won't be saying it again though, as I will end up sounding repetitive, if this one has exposed teeth, I'd say it's highly likely their other upcoming sauropods will have them too) but that aside, an amazing model.

Quote from: Faelrin on July 10, 2022, 07:47:11 PMI've been wanting a model of this since it was named and described back in 2018! So glad to see PNSO deliver a beautiful model of this animal. In fact I'm actually quite surprised not even CollectA jumped on it, as they seemed rather quick to getting figures out of newly described genera.

I admit I hadn't heard of Lingwulong prior to the PNSO rumoured list news, but after doing some research, I came to realize it's a very important discovery (and it's known from excellent remains too). Certainly a top notch choice for a figure.

Quote from: SenSx on July 10, 2022, 02:41:10 PMAt last, PNSO is back !
Can't wait for the rumored Suchomimus, hope it will be released soon !

Well, if the Lingwulong turned out to be true, I guess the Suchomimus will, too! Very hyped for it.

Gwangi

There's only one sauropod I'm paying $60+ for this year and it's not going to be this one.  ;) Plus I recently got the much more reasonably priced Eofauna Diplodocus and Atlasaurus too so my sauropod quota is filled for this year.

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I didn't realise how big the Lingwulong (Lingwulong's straight length is 47.5cm, Mamenchisaurus is 48cm) is until I saw this pic in Tieba post :o (https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7918289429):

Bet they will release bigger sauropods in smaller scales, figures over 1m long or 50cm tall are dreadful...

CARN0TAURUS

^^^it does look a lot bulkier.  With this release just like with other sauropod releases it unfortunately comes down to space for me.  The model looks fantastic and yes the price is museum level high but for me it'll come down to whether or not I can find a spot for this.  I have space for smaller shorter animals but these long ones I have almost no space for them :(

One of the things I loved about the Altasaurus, besides that it's probably the best dinosaur Eofauna has done, it fit in my shelf perfectly next to my theropods!

ItsTwentyBelow

I think the price fits this one a little better than some other PNSO figures in that price range. It is a hefty figure.

Am going to wait for the inevitable Amazon 10 to 20 percent off coupon, and free shipping.

Faelrin

Considering most of the price is actually for the figure and how big/long it is, I don't mind it. Unexpected, but as long as the paint is decent I'll be fine, but yeah it will be quite a while before I add this one to my collection. Maybe next year. I also still have quite a bit on my wishlist to tackle, well maybe not a huge amount but some is on the pricier side of things for me so that does slow things down (plus moving soon does too).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Joel1905

Quote from: Faras on July 12, 2022, 03:17:58 PMavatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I didn't realise how big the Lingwulong (Lingwulong's straight length is 47.5cm, Mamenchisaurus is 48cm) is until I saw this pic in Tieba post :o (https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7918289429):

Bet they will release bigger sauropods in smaller scales, figures over 1m long or 50cm tall are dreadful...

Wow, it really is a lot chunkier!

Joel1905

Quote from: Concavenator on July 12, 2022, 02:34:39 PMI was wondering what the price for sauropods in the Prehistoric Animal Models range was going to be, so $ 66.99... granted, Lingwulong is also a large(ish) sauropod...maybe smaller sauropods won't be as expesive, though I'm wondering what would happen with larger sauropods like Apatosaurus, large titanosaurs... would they make them at a smaller scale or would they also make them at ~ 1:35 scale? Curious to see what the prices on those would be in the 2nd case. Curiously, this Lingwulong is more expensive than last year's Mamenchisaurus, despite the latter being released in the Museum Line.

I wish its teeth weren't exposed (won't be saying it again though, as I will end up sounding repetitive, if this one has exposed teeth, I'd say it's highly likely their other upcoming sauropods will have them too) but that aside, an amazing model.

Quote from: Faelrin on July 10, 2022, 07:47:11 PMI've been wanting a model of this since it was named and described back in 2018! So glad to see PNSO deliver a beautiful model of this animal. In fact I'm actually quite surprised not even CollectA jumped on it, as they seemed rather quick to getting figures out of newly described genera.

I admit I hadn't heard of Lingwulong prior to the PNSO rumoured list news, but after doing some research, I came to realize it's a very important discovery (and it's known from excellent remains too). Certainly a top notch choice for a figure.

Quote from: SenSx on July 10, 2022, 02:41:10 PMAt last, PNSO is back !
Can't wait for the rumored Suchomimus, hope it will be released soon !

Well, if the Lingwulong turned out to be true, I guess the Suchomimus will, too! Very hyped for it.

If the animals featured in the posters and promo images are anything to go by, then PNSO may have a Diplodocus, Patagotitan & Shunosaurus around the corner! And if we're counting earlier Sauropodomorphs, a Lufengosaurus!

CarnotaurusKing

While we're discussing other potential sauropods, what became of this Brachiosaurus?

Carnoking

And wasn't there an edmontonia leaked all the way back in 2020? I know that's not a sauropod but

Maritimer

Given what I recently paid for the GR/Haolonggood Dicraeosaurus, which is pretty significantly smaller, I guess I can't grouse about the price of Lingwulong - and it's a beautiful model. I'm kinda diggin' the blue tail, which reminds me of some of my favorite Asian monitor lizards. Probably going to have to pop for this guy and the Sinraptor. (Wish I could justify the Iguanadon, but that - to me - is a smallish, drab figure, with a metric crapton of posters that I won't even crack the seal on.)

BTW, did anyone catch the PNSO Mosasaurus and Tylosaurus figures in the recent AMNH video on mosasaurs?!

~B.

Darko2300

Quote from: Maritimer on July 12, 2022, 11:08:37 PM(Wish I could justify the Iguanadon, but that - to me - is a smallish, drab figure, with a metric crapton of posters that I won't even crack the seal on.)

It's sort of hilarious you say that because I just sprung for Harvey the Iguanodon. I've always loved the storied history behind this dinosaur, and with the 20% off sale... Well, it wasn't going to get any cheaper.

The dinosaur I'm retiring in it's place (selling) is Bieber the Stegosaurus, which is almost crazy seeing as Stegosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs. I've never really warmed up to the sculpt that much though, and I got a pretty dark (and frankly, terrible) paintjob. So David Silva, here I come! 😍

😂

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: