News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 03, 2022, 05:44:31 PMlol there for a second I felt I was playing the dinosaur toy version of Where's Waldo?
You know that might be a good idea for a new book series, expect dinosaurs  ;)

GojiraGuy1954

New Safari LTD reveals begin today. 4 unknown models and 2 dinosaurs at the end of the month
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SpartanSquat

Probably the dinosaurs will be saved for the end, but these are the final reveals?

Bread

Quote from: RolandEden on July 05, 2022, 04:38:25 PMProbably the dinosaurs will be saved for the end, but these are the final reveals?
They said in the quote "close out our 2022 lineup."

Dusty Wren

Today's reveal is a new okapi. I was just wishing Safari would update their old one, so this is a nice surprise (now if we could just get an extinct giraffid, that would really be something!)
Check out my customs thread!

GojiraGuy1954

japfeif

okay, possible a dumb question here (but SOMEone had to ask!!)

I know that Safari seems to have 2 lines of the regular-sized dino figures (not counting toobs here), the "regular" Wild Safari and this newer Dino Dana line.

I'd never even heard of Dino Dana till fairly recently but everyone else seems to know all about it (her?).

So what exactly is the difference in the main line and the Dino Dana line? Of some of these new 2022 figures, the Albertosaurus & Patagotitan are listed as "regular" Safari dinos but the new Zuul says it's part of the Dino Dana line. Does that mean it's a less detailed series? Or more "friendly" and childish-looking? (Dino Dana is a children's dinosaur program, yeah?). Are they less accurate or have a more garish paint job or anything?
I assume there is SOME differences between the 2 lines.

Thanks in advance!

Shane

The Dino Dana line is focused on representing dinosaurs as seen in the Dino Dana TV show.

It's not a matter of more or less detail. It's a licensed line meaning it has Dino Dana branding and is intended to resemble what you see on screen.

There is also an augmented reality component, where scanning a QR code on the figure's info tag will allow you to interact with the dinosaur in the Dino Dana Dino Player app through a smartphone or tablet.

Through your screen you can see the dinosaur in the "real" world, and you can change its size and position, as well as interact and play with it.

Dinoxels

Quote from: japfeif on July 13, 2022, 03:28:52 AMDoes that mean it's a less detailed series? Or more "friendly" and childish-looking? (Dino Dana is a children's dinosaur program, yeah?). Are they less accurate or have a more garish paint job or anything?

Thanks in advance!

Nope, as someone who ones the Nano and Zuul, quality is on par with the other releases from Safari. Just has the bonus of the AR capabilities as Shane said.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

SBell

Flaffy

Hopefully 1 week left till more dino reveals!

SidB

Reveals are one thing, but actually availability is quite another.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on July 15, 2022, 12:22:17 AMReveals are one thing, but actually availability is quite another.

True, still waiting on avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur to stock the Patagotitan. Though I imagine the delay is due to them wanting to wait for the rest of the 2022 roster's release? i.e. Zuul, Albertosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, +2 that are yet to be revealed.

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on July 15, 2022, 12:43:37 AM
Quote from: SidB on July 15, 2022, 12:22:17 AMReveals are one thing, but actually availability is quite another.

True, still waiting on avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur to stock the Patagotitan. Though I imagine the delay is due to them wanting to wait for the rest of the 2022 roster's release? i.e. Zuul, Albertosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, +2 that are yet to be revealed.
I hadn't thought of that, but what you say makes sense.

Ludodactylus

Hearing that there's going to be two more dinosaurs this year really took me by surprise! I was expecting it to just be the four previously announced. Is this normal for Safari, to do an extra set of release announcements halfway through the year?
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Shane

If (and this is a big IF) there are no unanticipated delays, there should be some good news on this front just before the month's end.

GojiraGuy1954

SidB

Quote from: Shane on July 15, 2022, 01:51:14 PM

If (and this is a big IF) there are no unanticipated delays, there should be some good news on this front just before the month's end.
Thanks for the positive update S @Shane .

Halichoeres

No dinosaur news, but some of the new extant animals are now in stock at safariltd.com, including the salmon shark. An encouraging sign, at least.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shane

Those were on one container and there are some Prehistoric on another so barring any delays the next grouping should hit very shortly.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: