News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinofelid

Quote from: Gwangi on July 05, 2022, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 05, 2022, 07:23:17 PMI did place an order because Minizoo really is the best option for Canadians, even with the shipping. Also, there's still a CollectA sale going on.

That makes sense. I really wish CollectA was easier to get in North America. For me the shipping would have been $20.

Are you in the US? If so, one thing to keep in mind is that the prices are shown in Australian dollars during checkout, so what you pay will be about 1.4 times less in US dollars, though that means shipping is still around $15 (total cost including shipping for the Paraceratherium was about $40 for me).

Gwangi

Quote from: dinofelid on July 05, 2022, 10:38:07 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on July 05, 2022, 08:18:26 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 05, 2022, 07:23:17 PMI did place an order because Minizoo really is the best option for Canadians, even with the shipping. Also, there's still a CollectA sale going on.

That makes sense. I really wish CollectA was easier to get in North America. For me the shipping would have been $20.

Are you in the US? If so, one thing to keep in mind is that the prices are shown in Australian dollars during checkout, so what you pay will be about 1.4 times less in US dollars, though that means shipping is still around $15 (total cost including shipping for the Paraceratherium was about $40 for me).

Yeah, I'm in the U.S. I make sure to select US dollars in the upper right corner on the web site. I bought from them last year and the package was $10. I'm not complaining. It is what it is, but it does mean I'll be buying my figures elsewhere this year.

SidB

I just bought the CollectA Paraceratherium from Minizoo, and yes, the shipping cost was 23 Canadian dollars, which is no more than I typically pay in adjusted dollars, when I order anything from the U.S.

GiganotosaurusFan

Lucky you.
My Vitae Giga ordered from China had shipping double the cost of the figure:(
23 dollars is not much compared to this!
Anyways, has anybody recieved the Collecta Trike yet?
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Ivántirrophus

I cannot find Smok anywhere, only on ebay with Australian seller, but shipping is higher than the cost of smok XD. Where can I find it?

Renecito

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on July 16, 2022, 12:13:27 AMI cannot find Smok anywhere, only on ebay with Australian seller, but shipping is higher than the cost of smok XD. Where can I find it?

It's available at EverythingDinosaur
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Samrukia

Quote from: Renecito on July 16, 2022, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: Ivántirrophus on July 16, 2022, 12:13:27 AMI cannot find Smok anywhere, only on ebay with Australian seller, but shipping is higher than the cost of smok XD. Where can I find it?

It's available at EverythingDinosaur

EverythingDinosaur recently stocked up a whole bunch of CollectA figures (old and new). Placed an order of 13 figures yesterday  :D

ceratopsian

My Smok etc will be with me this afternoon from Everything Dinosaur.

SidB

The CollectA Paraceratherium just arrived in the mail from Minizoo today and I thought that the cadre of Cenozoic mammal collectors would be interested in the quick snapshots that I took a few moments ago, especially in comparison with the old CollectA Para from back in their dark age (relatively speaking). It's quite a contrast. Keep in mind that the 2022 is approximately 1/35 scale and the older one more like 1/40.

In particular, note the very long neck on the older model and the far greater bodily bulk of the new 2022.

Mine arrived with  a somewhat twisted left front forelimb, but nothing to effect its stability.

SidB

Comparing the  1/35 scale giants: the CollectA 2022 Paraceratherium and Eofaunas's Palaeoloxodon -

Thialfi

Great shots, that's what I was looking for - thanks!

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on July 22, 2022, 01:37:37 AMGreat shots, that's what I was looking for - thanks!
You're most welcome.

Dusty Wren

Thanks for the comparison photos, S @SidB! Really appreciate it. This figure looks fantastic.
Check out my customs thread!

Jose S.M.

It's a big improvement over it's predecessor, I'm still not a fan of how the fur was implement but it's a pretty good figure still.

bmathison1972

Oh! It looks like a good size. I hope I get mine soon.

For some reason the last couple Minizoo orders have gone through Chicago rather than a coastal customs place. For some reason they sit in Chicago for at least 10 days (today is day 8...). I used to get Minizoo orders in two weeks, now it takes a month...

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: SidB on July 22, 2022, 12:16:00 AMComparing the  1/35 scale giants: the CollectA 2022 Paraceratherium and Eofaunas's Palaeoloxodon -

EEEEeeeeeee!!! They look so great next to each other!

I didn't realize the Paraceratherium was available already!

SidB

avatar_Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) @Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) , maybe Minizoo has one with your name on it?!

SidB

Quote from: Dusty Wren on July 22, 2022, 02:31:37 PMThanks for the comparison photos, S @SidB! Really appreciate it. This figure looks fantastic.
Welcome. Yes, as good as the Para looks by itself, it is just that much better alongside the Palaeoloxodon. I keep all of the 1/35 -1/40 scale mammals on display by themselves, separate from the larger scale cenozoics.

Leyster

Oooh, great comparison S @SidB ! I already saw the two compared during a live with Paleo-Nerd, but your photos only convinced me more to hunt down the Collecta Paraceratherium sooner or later.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: