News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA vs KONG

Started by dragon53, March 13, 2017, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

sauroid

i've seen it! i was so pleased with everything. will watch it again soon.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dynomikegojira

Favorite Monsterverse movie and a definite improvement over KOTM I aboslutely loved this film.

Syndicate Bias

Best one of the four Monsterverse movies

Blade-of-the-Moon

Epic film, things went about as expected.

Gwangi

I loved it, it might be my favorite Monsterverse movie as well, although Kong: Skull Island might still edge it out. I watched it at home via HBO Max but after waiting this long I was cool with not seeing it in the theater. This is my first experience using HBO Max and I experienced a frustrating amount of buffering issues that I don't get with my other streaming services. Not the movie's fault of course but it certainly took away from the experience.

Takama

Spoiler
Watched it VIA HBO MAX (I plan on buying it on DVD later in the year), and i must say i liked it a lot better then Kong Skull Island, which was my least favorite Movie in this universe. And i rewatched that one for the Second time ever the night before i sat down to watch this Kong Centric flick.   

I was Entertained, I liked the human chrectors, and i loved how they brought Madison back from the last film.
As for the Kaiju fights, I wanted a freaking death at the end, and of course i did not get it. But i was Entertained every step of the way. At least Mechagodzilla is Badass. Not as cool as King Ghidorah was IMO. Honestly I Feel these films have taken the rhoute of the Fast and Furious Movies. Start off serious (Godzilla 2014), then get more bombastic with each film
[close]

sauroid

Spoiler
Mechagodzilla "died" tho
[close]
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Carnoking

Saw it last night and had a lot of fun. I had to go to the bathroom a couple times throughout and there was a group of super annoying kids behind my seat, so I'll need to go see it again  ::)

dragon53

Concept art for Mechagodzilla.

LINK: https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-kong-movie-mechagodzilla-concept-art-image/

Also, director Adam Wingard commented on fan criticism after he leaked the Mechagodzilla toy too early, "I know some people were mad at me online—probably rightfully so—because I posted a picture of me with a Mechagodzilla toy. But, the toy is in storage right now—you can buy it at Wal-Mart! The Funko version of him is out...this is not a secret. I'm very social media illiterate, so I probably should have put a spoiler page before it— that probably would have made people feel pretty good, but...at the end of the day, I was asked specifically by Warner Bros. to post a picture of [the toy]. Well, you know, the thing's already out there, so I did it, and then you kind of realize that may have upset some people. But you can't please everybody."

dragon53

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---ROLLING STONE says a WarnerMedia investigation found that at least 13% of accounts involved in support of the campaign supporting the Zack Snyder Cut of the movie were fake accounts. ROLLING STONE hired a security firm to investigate the fake accounts, and it concluded "there's no question that bots were involved". The magazine also claimed director Adam Wingard asked Snyder to persuade his fans not to criticize Wingard's GODZILLA VS KONG. Snyder denied he was asked, "Furthermore, I do not control my fans. They have their own will and their own opinions; you really give me too much credit."

Dinoxels

Quote from: dragon53 on July 19, 2022, 08:12:48 PMZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---ROLLING STONE says a WarnerMedia investigation found that at least 13% of accounts involved in support of the campaign supporting the Zack Snyder Cut of the movie were fake accounts. ROLLING STONE hired a security firm to investigate the fake accounts, and it concluded "there's no question that bots were involved". The magazine also claimed director Adam Wingard asked Snyder to persuade his fans not to criticize Wingard's GODZILLA VS KONG. Snyder denied he was asked, "Furthermore, I do not control my fans. They have their own will and their own opinions; you really give me too much credit."

Pretty sure this is old news dude.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.