News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on July 06, 2022, 09:10:34 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 06, 2022, 08:50:17 PMHere's something. It looks like Dan might be forgoing the Dragon Soul offerings entirely (or at least for the time being).
Quote"Due to previous manufacturer issues with product fragility, no resin version of this figure is currently available to preorder in Dan's Dinosaurs. All listed versions are PVC."

This is why I suspected Lana might be sorting out further details with the OEM or shipping company before taking pre-orders. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were the case.

I could see Lana wanting to be sure this will go smoothly vs the Brachio incident. I'm sure it caused all parties a lot issues.

blnadal

Carnoking

Did I miss when they first posted about the arms? Or is there a comparison in that post?

Sovereign59

No, this struck me as an odd thing to say as well. To the best of my knowledge, before they posted that, this photo had been the only look we'd had so far at this Giganotosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on July 08, 2022, 03:11:06 PM

Yeah I can't see what they are driving at..maybe a little smaller? Seems a lot smoother and not as heavily textured just like with their Spinosaurus?

Prehistory Resurrection

2022 Nanmu Rainbow "Nutcracker Soldier" Parasaurolophus Review from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews, based on the Stan Winston Studios Parasaurolophus Maquette for TLW:JP.

Duna

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2022, 04:31:45 PMYeah I can't see what they are driving at..maybe a little smaller? Seems a lot smoother and not as heavily textured just like with their Spinosaurus?
Maybe they did the arms pronated and fans had to remind them that Giga is one of the few models that doesn't have the arms pronated ...?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Duna on July 10, 2022, 09:02:51 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 09, 2022, 04:31:45 PMYeah I can't see what they are driving at..maybe a little smaller? Seems a lot smoother and not as heavily textured just like with their Spinosaurus?
Maybe they did the arms pronated and fans had to remind them that Giga is one of the few models that doesn't have the arms pronated ...?

Possible but as they never showed a pic before it makes the whole "change" confusing?

Carnoking

Lana time now has the Limited Edition Once and Future King variant in stock. Is it bad that I'm tempted to grab it but really only for the base😂

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on July 12, 2022, 05:13:11 PMLana time now has the Limited Edition Once and Future King variant in stock. Is it bad that I'm tempted to grab it but really only for the base😂

Kinda? lol  They should just sell all of their bases separately.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 13, 2022, 04:29:38 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on July 12, 2022, 05:13:11 PMLana time now has the Limited Edition Once and Future King variant in stock. Is it bad that I'm tempted to grab it but really only for the base😂

Kinda? lol  They should just sell all of their bases separately.

I've seen some of the bases from the Baryonyx duo, OaFK, and Giganotosaurus popping up on aliexpress individually, and I think even Lana is offering the obsidian base on its own at the moment. Now I'm hoping the same ends up happening with the new standard Spinosaurus figures because I'd like to have the green base to go along with the movie color scheme.
That being said, since this is a "Limited Edition" release, I have my doubts that sellers would offer the base and figures separate like they have in the past. Either way, my collecting spirit, or FOMO, or both got the better of me and I snatched one of these up. I think the Buck will look great on this base, and that display will play off of the Dragon Soul spino really well.

Sturisoma

I too would like the Master Hunter base only  :))

Seems that in Southeast Asia, Dragon Soul Spino up for PO but has limited allocations. Need at least 6 pre-orders of pvc version for 1 slot of Dragon Soul. This was not the case for the brachiosaurus, or for any of their pvc + resin releases.

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on July 12, 2022, 05:13:11 PMIs it bad that I'm tempted to grab it but really only for the base😂

I bet you could sell the figure if you didn't want it, if not immediately then surely down the line, and recoup a good chunk of change. I would definitely pick it up if it weren't for the Mountain variant already in my collection. Glad you were able to get it - was a bit saddened that they all seemingly sold out so quickly, so I'm happy that there's a second shot to buy it for those who wanted one.
- Swede

Sturisoma

Supplanter 2.0 will have an art card yahoo!  :D

Sovereign59

Maybe a bit of a random question, but is the Master Hunter paint scheme meant to be based on Rexy from the first Jurassic film? And is the brown version of the Alpha Tyrannosaurus inspired more by her, or the Doe from The Lost World? I've seen people arguing either way on this and have been curious.

Carnoking

Something tells me this will be a 2023 release but oh well. Looks like they did a pretty solid job with the sculpt of this one, looking forward to seeing it posed and painted up! Fingers crossed it'll pair well with their upcoming Therizinosaurus.

dragon53

My Nanmu Parasaurolophus often falls over to the left. I tried to bend the metal peg which helped a little, but now the peg itself is in bad shape.
I was wondering about asking for a free replacement peg---is it better ask the merchant (Lana Time) or Nanmu?

Carnoking

Quote from: dragon53 on July 30, 2022, 08:09:16 AMMy Nanmu Parasaurolophus often falls over to the left. I tried to bend the metal peg which helped a little, but now the peg itself is in bad shape.
I was wondering about asking for a free replacement peg---is it better ask the merchant (Lana Time) or Nanmu?

I have the same problem with my Green Nanmu Para and their standing Baryonyx. Weirdly enough, the brown Para seems to do okay so I'm wondering if it's just a luck of the draw kind of thing. Either way, I've taken to using a spare PNSO stand to keep Santiago standing but the Para needed blue poster tack under the foot and I've also tacked down the clear stand at a weird angle just to keep it braced against the figure. Kind of an unattractive solution but what can you do?

As far as a replacement peg goes, might be worth asking both. One might oblige.

sage2k

Anecdotally all the problems I have with Nanmu figures are with alternate color variants:
- the green alpha rex has its back leg attached incorrectly (which I only noticed once I had a brown variant to compare with)
- the alternate trike color has its head attached at a very slight off angle, also the coloring looks very lackluster due to no wash unlike the brown version
- the neck piece of the alternate version steg detached over time (unlike the TLW color variant), had to glue it back

All anecdotal, but I think I won't be picking up alternate color variants of Nanmus. I kind of now want to sell the ones I have with defects.

On a completely different topic but related to Nanmu. I'm trying to get done a limited run of 1:35 scale TLW raptors, which will scale to Nanmu's human figures and T. rexes. We're planning the figures to have separated teeth, proper JP/TLW sculpt, JP/TLW paint jobs. Might not be the best place to ask, but any of you guys have interest in this?

About the size of TLW/JP raptor figure I'm looking at:
https://i.imgur.com/qyOJur5.jpg

dragon53

I've been looking at various Youtube videos of the Nanmu Parasaurolophus, and they appear to vary in their stances. In Andy's Dinosaur video, he shows the green and brown Paras side-by-side from the front view and you can clearly see the green is tilted to the right vs the brown version which is not tilted (my green Para tilts to the left and falls over to the left). Other Paras are tilted upwards and others are level. One person complained his Para tilts severely forward.

I can't find a Nanmu website, only Facebook, etc., which I'm not on, so I'm going to email Lana Time Shop for a replacement metal peg.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: