News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, July 30, 2022, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I suspect that the Edmontosaurus will turn out decent enough, just like this year's Parasaurolophus. Generally, it's hard to seriously botch a hadrosaur. Similarly, the Monolophosaurus will probably be like the Majungasaurus and the Ceratosaurus.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SenSx

The Gallimimus is hyping me.
But it's Schleich...
Do you think it will be feathered or JP like ?

Libraraptor

I hope at least one will turn out okay.

BlueKrono

Glad these are all an easy pass for me. There are far too many interesting JWIII toys coming down the pipeline. 💸
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Nimravus

Honestly, I do not have any expectations on these figures whatsoever

SBell

A Gallimimus would be interesting if it were any other company--but I also don't expect much.

suspsy

Quote from: SenSx on July 31, 2022, 01:56:10 PMThe Gallimimus is hyping me.
But it's Schleich...
Do you think it will be feathered or JP like ?

Hopefully it will be like the Oviraptor from a few years ago. We shall just have to cross our fingers and wait.

The same website has a "Shadow Raptor" listed for 2023 as part of the Eldrador fantasy line. It'll be coloured black and purple with translucent bits just like the other Shadow beasts:

https://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/eldrador/products/shadow-dragon-70152.html

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum, shall we start up a "New for 2023" subforum? We know this website to be reliable.

Halichoeres

Boy, this is probably going to be a real monkey-paw wish for anyone who's been asking for a Gallimimus figure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

There are two threads with this topic, I guess merging them is in order.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Szajmin

For only interested in Gallimimus.

I only hope that it won't be some kind of featherless abomination with "bunny arms"

suspsy

Do we know how many Schleich toys Konstantinov has done? And the identity of the other sculptor?

GojiraGuy1954

DTF members racing to make a new thread the microsecond we get news that Schleich still exists next year
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

This image is now circulating online. Assuming these silhouettes are more or less representative of the actual toys, then people might as well keep on looking for a good Gallimimus toy.  :-\

UPDATE: it appears to be fake. Thank goodness!

Takama

The Image Is Fake

The Tarbosaurus is Ripped from Jurassic World Alive

suspsy

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on August 02, 2022, 05:15:55 PMThis image is now circulating online. Assuming these silhouettes are more or less representative of the actual toys, then people might as well keep on looking for a good Gallimimus toy.  :-\

UPDATE: it appears to be fake. Thank goodness!
Could you repost the fake images? I want to make sure I don't fall for the fake images if I see them again out in the wild

suspsy

MLMjp

Like many others, interested in this new line-up, but extremely cautious as it is schleich.

Sim

I get the impression the prices reflect how "impressive" each is, in which case the Tarbosaurus and Edmontosaurus would be the biggest, Gastonia might be the next largest or its price might reflect the complexity of its spikes, Monolophosaurus would be smaller and Gallimimus the smallest.

GojiraGuy1954

U
Quote from: Sim on August 02, 2022, 08:54:44 PMI get the impression the prices reflect how "impressive" each is, in which case the Tarbosaurus and Edmontosaurus would be the biggest, Gastonia might be the next largest or its price might reflect the complexity of its spikes, Monolophosaurus would be smaller and Gallimimus the smallest.
Unsurprising. Edmontosaurus is a large animal and schleich please make a good annectens

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: