You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Well, thats pretty annoying.
So much for waiting till after pre-orders. I'll just get it off ebay when people start selling it.  :(
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

I am hoping they put them back in stock again, since they look beautiful, but I wont keep any hopes up this time around.
An oversized house cat.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Lynx on August 04, 2022, 03:15:35 PMWell, thats pretty annoying.
So much for waiting till after pre-orders. I'll just get it off ebay when people start selling it.  :(
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SidB

Quote from: SRF on August 04, 2022, 02:46:12 PMSome more pictures of Kiss and Tusk popped up on Paleofiguras Facebook-page. Especially this one of Kiss next to Winter Wilson caught my eye. It really shows that even though it is advertised as a 1:35 scale figure, it definitely isn't in 1:35.

I do like these figures, but if I can't get my hands on them I really don't mind that much seeing how big they are. I'm actually looking forward more towards Eofauna's Tyrannosaurus.
No, it sure isn't anything close to 1/35. The Eofauna option is the one to anticipate in this scale. Hopefully we'll get a lipped version from them. Still, Rebor's figure is an impressive brute of a rex that will make a dramatic display piece. I hope that I'll be able to get hold of one. Thanks for the picture.

Lynx

Quote from: Lynx on August 04, 2022, 03:15:35 PMWell, thats pretty annoying.

that is considering a rumor that the figures will never be put back in stock, I'll still buy the figure from the main seller IF it is back
An oversized house cat.

Duna

Mine has been shipped!  :) I bought mine in AliExpress (I told here that two well known stores (only those two had them on sale) had plenty of figures on sale-preorder while it was out of stock in BBS.

I'm sooo pleased to see the pictures!! Wow, that's a large figure as a Tyrannosaurus should be!! I sold my Nanmu because Tusk is my most expensive figure I have ever got so the money would be not as much.

Of course the comparison picture puts Wilson to shame in all aspects (not talking about size) but that is something that Wilson does in all its own, no need to compare.

If Eofauna makes a Tyrannosaurus too, it would be fantastic to have another majestic figure to display. Maybe male and female.

SidB

What a paradox underlies this image of 'Kiss'! He/she's so massive, so powerful, with such a physical presence and weight of impact, as the manufacturer has so marvelously portrayed. Yet, think of it - such a splendid colossus only lived 28-30 years, a mere blink of an eye, so to speak. Just here for the moment in the scale of things, yet this re-creation gives the sense of a certain endurance through the evanescence of time, a certain immortality. Wonderful. It's good to be a collector at this point in time.

suspsy

Some of the most famous and iconic animals around today don't live for very long. In the wild, African lions are lucky to reach age 12 and grey wolves are lucky to reach age 8. Even in zoos, they have a maximum life expectancy of 25 years and 17 years respectively.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

I'm not as young as I was - but I feel privileged in comparison to these beings. Plus, it's a lot easier grapping the meat at the grocery store than anything a hypercarnivore has to do.

Carnoking

Faelrin

It looks so good in the Prehistoric Planet coloration. Wish we can get a repaint in those colors some day.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

LBDINO

What i love most about his reviews is the detail he gets into about the dinosaur

SRF

Ouch, that gap between the tail and the body is quite a big issue. And the fact it can't close its mouth fully is also a shame.

It's a very impressive figure, but its execution is far from flawless.
But today, I'm just being father

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Abobo @Abobo great looking repaint. Looks way better. But i just saw the Review from DinosDragons and it is a wonderful Figure to me. Could have been my Budget Regina mundi. (posted almost the same under the Video. Feels a bit weird right now :D)

I see the Issue with the Mouth and Tail. But i think they are managable in the End somehow. Not great. But in the end, People want a great Animalfigure. And this one clearly is the best T. rex in the category "affordable". Also. Fantastic Video overall. A lot of work was done here. Again.

Over9K

The tail gap is a bummer, REBOR is usually way better on that. I wonder if this is caused by some kind of damage or flaw in the mold.

I had a feeling the mouth would be an issue. Mesozoic Rhapsody (The Charles R. Knight rex) has the same issue, it can close its mouth, but can't hold its mouth shut, it defaults to a slight open.

SidB

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on August 10, 2022, 10:17:20 PMavatar_Abobo @Abobo great looking repaint. Looks way better. But i just saw the Review from DinosDragons and it is a wonderful Figure to me. Could have been my Budget Regina mundi. (posted almost the same under the Video. Feels a bit weird right now :D)

I see the Issue with the Mouth and Tail. But i think they are managable in the End somehow. Not great. But in the end, People want a great Animalfigure. And this one clearly is the best T. rex in the category "affordable". Also. Fantastic Video overall. A lot of work was done here. Again.
I'm curious to see how adept people will fix the tail gap problem. I'm sure that I won't mess around with that myself, but it does seem repairable and worth the while for the otherwise stellar sculpt.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on August 11, 2022, 01:52:49 AMThe tail gap is a bummer, REBOR is usually way better on that. I wonder if this is caused by some kind of damage or flaw in the mold.

I had a feeling the mouth would be an issue. Mesozoic Rhapsody (The Charles R. Knight rex) has the same issue, it can close its mouth, but can't hold its mouth shut, it defaults to a slight open.

The sculpt seems very good. It will be interesting to see how the tail gap problem is solved by those who are technically adept. A worthwhile effort, it seems to me.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Over9K on August 11, 2022, 01:52:49 AMThe tail gap is a bummer, REBOR is usually way better on that. I wonder if this is caused by some kind of damage or flaw in the mold.

The same thing happened with my Killer Queen and the Nanmu T-rex.  Funny enough though, my Saurophaganax from REBOR can keep its mouth shut.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

KeU

Just wow. This is the first Rebor I am seriously considering getting. The heft, pose, scale details, and proportions are spot on for me. I hope they can improve on the seam gaps.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: