News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Gwangi

I'm very excited for the Dilophosaurus, it looks great. And it is one of my favorite dinosaurs from the entire franchise. When I originally saw Jurassic Park in the theater the Dilophosaurus scene scared me so much that I left for the bathroom even though I didn't actually have to go. I did manage to sit through the scene for the 2nd and 3rd viewing though. I never got the Amber Collection Dilophosaurus so that makes this one that much more exciting for me.

I'll probably skip on Sattler though, which would be the first Hammond Collection figure I didn't get (I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist). I have the mainline Sattler and she's sufficient enough. The HC Sattler doesn't come with the best accessories and doesn't look much better than the mainline toy. If I find her on clearance I'll likely get her though.

GojiraGuy1954

Who wants an NFT of a dinosaur toy lmao the whole attraction is that they are physical
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shane

Quote from: Gwangi on August 17, 2022, 05:37:17 PMI'll probably skip on Sattler though, which would be the first Hammond Collection figure I didn't get (I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist). I have the mainline Sattler and she's sufficient enough. The HC Sattler doesn't come with the best accessories and doesn't look much better than the mainline toy. If I find her on clearance I'll likely get her though.

She comes with gloves covered in Triceratops poop! Which it could be argued, are THE best accessories.

Gwangi

Quote from: Shane on August 17, 2022, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 17, 2022, 05:37:17 PMI'll probably skip on Sattler though, which would be the first Hammond Collection figure I didn't get (I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist, I'm not a completist). I have the mainline Sattler and she's sufficient enough. The HC Sattler doesn't come with the best accessories and doesn't look much better than the mainline toy. If I find her on clearance I'll likely get her though.

She comes with gloves covered in Triceratops poop! Which it could be argued, are THE best accessories.

It's humorous but that's about it. I would have preferred it if she came with a walkie-talkie, flashlight, or raincoat. If I want to recreate the poop scene I could just smear mud on her arms. Heck, if you're going to give her crap covered arms at least include the pile of crap!

Faelrin

As others have said the NFT thing is disgusting and dumb when the whole point is the figure itself to begin with. NFT's are harmful to the environment as well as being a scam.

And as before I have no intentions of pre-ordering this on Target when they want to charge you now but then have no estimate on when they are getting. Something a major corporation should have better logistics on. Not that I want to support that NFT nonsense either. Although looks like it sold out as I was writing this.

Also one thing that bugs me, is that they gave the Dilophosaurus a slit pupil, instead of a round one like on the AC figure. A minor issue, but still worth calling attention to.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Faelrin on August 17, 2022, 06:53:29 PMAs others have said the NFT thing is disgusting and dumb when the whole point is the figure itself to begin with. NFT's are harmful to the environment as well as being a scam.

And as before I have no intentions of pre-ordering this on Target when they want to charge you now but then have no estimate on when they are getting. Something a major corporation should have better logistics on. Not that I want to support that NFT nonsense either. Although looks like it sold out as I was writing this.

Also one thing that bugs me, is that they gave the Dilophosaurus a slit pupil, instead of a round one like on the AC figure. A minor issue, but still worth calling attention to.

Preordering Mattel products seems kind of useless to me. You might get the toy a little earlier than some people but it still shows up online and in stores at the same approximate time that you'll get the pre-order. I've seen it where they show up in stores before preorders are even received. I guess it guarantees that you'll get one, unless they cancel it, but none of these HC toys have been hard to locate once available.

Dilopho

Ow the Dilophosaurus looks ... worse than the Gallimimus. Okay. I'll still probably get it but...
That slit pupil is some hasbro level bull...and why the omitted white stripes and red hands and feet? I hope they didn't spend their paint budget on those NFTs. Who would even want that?

Lynx

Am I the only one who's notice a drop in quality with Mattel figures as of late?
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Mainly repaints and non film creatures are just kind of... eh
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

No, you're definitely not the only one who thinks that way.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

It's been going on for several years now. At least since 2021 when it became really noticable. But it has been there since the start in some ways (unpainted claws).

Anyways came here to share that Collect Jurassic has a new page for 2023 stuff. You need the password to take a look at it.

https://www.collectjurassic.com/jurassic-world-dino-trackers-2023-toy-checklist-where-to-buy-hd-gallery/

Spoiler
Which is whte_rbt.obj
[close]

Some that got leaked and now confirmed like:
-HC Robert Muldoon
-HC Ray Arnold
-HC Pachycephalosaurus
-HC Velociraptor (JPIII; please be the male!)
-HC Geosternbergia
-HC Concavenator

No sign of the Metriacanthosaurus or Irritator that was also leaked (yet).

Some others that are new (no images yet):
-Extreme Damage Carnotaurus (hopefully Dominion themed. We need a bigger "Demon" to go with the Allosaurus)
-HC Ankylosaurus (no word on if JPIII or JW, but hopefully the former, though I'd be fine with the latter too).
-Super Colossal Indoraptor

As well as some figures intended for JP's 30th anniversary.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Could be a lot of factors contributing to cost cutting.

This guy just has a lot of the same issues as previous releases and a couple new ones..the neck looks too long for starters..  I guess if you want a super accurate and nice model you need a statue and not a toy, even a super poesable one? 

Lynx

Not a bad lineup, but nothing I'm too excited about. Was hoping for another Therizinosaurus action figure type but oh well.

Besides that, a decent lineup in my opinion.

Really curious as to what the "real feel" dinosaur will be, we haven't gotten many in that line!

I'm guessing it's the Giga though, simply because of how many bumps and large scales/spines it has that would be perfect for a "real feel"
An oversized house cat.

Lynx

Hey, did the action attack carnotaurus get retired or something? It's over 100 bucks on Amazon and I cant find it anywhere elsewhere that's new.
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lynx on August 18, 2022, 12:38:11 PMNot a bad lineup, but nothing I'm too excited about. Was hoping for another Therizinosaurus action figure type but oh well.

Besides that, a decent lineup in my opinion.

Really curious as to what the "real feel" dinosaur will be, we haven't gotten many in that line!

I'm guessing it's the Giga though, simply because of how many bumps and large scales/spines it has that would be perfect for a "real feel"

If it's like the Mosasaur, probably a big one? Would be great if this is how they give us a Triceratops in proper scale.

Little surprised about the SC Indoraptor, I thought Pyro or Spino was a for sure one.

If they are doing a bunch of JP/Kenner ideas next year hopefully they can give us an Ultimasaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lynx on August 18, 2022, 02:48:41 PMHey, did the action attack carnotaurus get retired or something? It's over 100 bucks on Amazon and I cant find it anywhere elsewhere that's new.

Haven't seen a Carno on shelves in a long time so probably?

Lynx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2022, 02:50:38 PM
Quote from: Lynx on August 18, 2022, 02:48:41 PMHey, did the action attack carnotaurus get retired or something? It's over 100 bucks on Amazon and I cant find it anywhere elsewhere that's new.

Haven't seen a Carno on shelves in a long time so probably?

That's a shame, it's easily their best figure coloration and quality wise for me, gonna get one off eBay
An oversized house cat.

Dilopho

Do you mean the original red one from 2018? I think that's been retired for years.

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: