You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Glad to know I am not alone.

As someone who has past experiences with BBTS preorders, I knew they are probably the last retailers to receive these figures, but I wanted to make sure if anyone else hasn't heard anything yet either.

Thanks everyone!

Rain

Either some people cancelled their pre-orders on BBTS, or the shipment arrived and they received more than anticipated, because the lipped variant is no longer listed as out of stock.

Faelrin

Kiss is back to showing out of stock for me.

Don't believe they've gotten any stock in yet. Would have sent out emails showing they were arriving and cards would be charged.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

I'm expecting BBTS to be at least 2 more weeks and likely 4 more. 

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on August 18, 2022, 12:12:10 AMI'm expecting BBTS to be at least 2 more weeks and likely 4 more. 

So 6 weeks then?  ;D
BBTS playing the long game by delaying everyone's shipment to get you to buy more stuff while you wait
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on August 18, 2022, 10:00:02 AM
Quote from: Over9K on August 18, 2022, 12:12:10 AMI'm expecting BBTS to be at least 2 more weeks and likely 4 more. 

So 6 weeks then?  ;D
BBTS playing the long game by delaying everyone's shipment to get you to buy more stuff while you wait

I have so many preorders with them.. lol

EE is catching up though, I like free shipping over 4.00 for shipping.

Bread

Off topic but I had multiple preorders on star wars black series figures canceled recently (not by my choice), so I have been worried about any preorders I have recently lol.

Over9K

So 6 weeks then?  ;D

They're not delaying shipment. I *believe* their inventory stock comes to the US via cargo ship. Typically for items that go to BBTS direct from Asian distributors/manufacturers, we'll see in-hand photos from Asia and abroad first, 6 to 8 weeks before BBTS lists the items in stock and begin shipping. REBOR and Nanmu are particularly prone to this, because BBTS is one of the very small number of retailers for them in North America, so that inventory comes directly from manufacturing. The release date typically listed on BBTS will be the date the manufacturer gives for the release, not the date BBTS will have them in hand.

I also believe that BBTS uses surface shipping to keep shipping costs down, to make their $4 flat-rate shipping to consumers more viable.

I'm used to this now, and for anything from a small Asian manufacturer (REBOR, Nanmu, X-Plus) I just assume the items will arrive at BBTS 8 weeks after the listed release date.

Bread

Funny enough, I just got the email from BBTS confirming my preorder(s) on Kiss and the display base 2-pack.

So be prepared to get your cards charged soon folks!

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on August 18, 2022, 12:12:10 AMSo 6 weeks then?  ;D

They're not delaying shipment. I *believe* their inventory stock comes to the US via cargo ship. Typically for items that go to BBTS direct from Asian distributors/manufacturers, we'll see in-hand photos from Asia and abroad first, 6 to 8 weeks before BBTS lists the items in stock and begin shipping. REBOR and Nanmu are particularly prone to this, because BBTS is one of the very small number of retailers for them in North America, so that inventory comes directly from manufacturing. The release date typically listed on BBTS will be the date the manufacturer gives for the release, not the date BBTS will have them in hand.

I also believe that BBTS uses surface shipping to keep shipping costs down, to make their $4 flat-rate shipping to consumers more viable.

I'm used to this now, and for anything from a small Asian manufacturer (REBOR, Nanmu, X-Plus) I just assume the items will arrive at BBTS 8 weeks after the listed release date.

I know, I was just making fun of the situation. Thanks for the info!

Quote from: Bread on August 19, 2022, 04:58:43 PMFunny enough, I just got the email from BBTS confirming my preorder(s) on Kiss and the display base 2-pack.

So be prepared to get your cards charged soon folks!

Yup, I received these as well. Good news!
- Swede

Over9K

Maybe the shipping situation is getting better! It'd be nice to have pre-pandemic shipping speeds back again.

Faelrin

I got my email as well. Hopefully I have until the 31st when the money comes in to pay (I have enough to cover Kiss atm but not the bases I ordered too).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Aliexpress back to school sale! My Online Toy Store has the Rebor Kiss and Tusk in stock for $67! Original price listing was $82, so quite a good deal especially if you were unlucky to not get BBTS preorder!

JohannesB

Modellpferdeversand (in Germany) has either for $50, I believe.

Abobo

Quote from: JohannesB on August 22, 2022, 06:52:32 PMModellpferdeversand (in Germany) has either for $50, I believe.

yup got mine for $60 including shipping (from Germany to France), they are in stock, my kiss shipped today!

Kapitaenosavrvs

I can't believe it. I just ordered Kiss for 49 Euros at Modellpferdeversand.de
That was not planned :D Ahhh, exciting. Such an expensive buy for me, but this is a must have and i guess it will not get cheaper. And i thought i t was sold out already. Thanks for reminding, avatar_JohannesB @JohannesB!

dinodamage

Of course the day I finally cave and decide to get it, it's sold out on BBTS and AliExpress 🤦 I suppose I will just have to wait

Duna

avatar_dinodamage @dinodamage Why don't you try in the German web? They ship worldwide and it's still on sale.

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Duna @Duna is right. I do not know where you live, but i just picked a random US zip Code from El Paso, Texas (Cause it is quite far away from Germany and i do not know where you live. Maybe not in the US :D, sry But then again, i do not know how the US Postal System exactly works) and the shop estimated a shippig of around 20 Euros, which puts you in at a bit less than 70 US Dollars incl. shipping.

SRF

Found Kiss and Tusk at a Dutch webshop so ordered Kiss right away. Still on the fence if I would like to get Tusk as well, but since I don't have to pay shipping costs I can always decide later.
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: