News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pliosaurking

I not a massive fan of the Jwd Giga design but this is looking quite good!

Sturisoma

Ranger 2.0 for pre-orders soon!

The roaring/battle damaged demon carno is a must buy for me. I wish the other one was in a completely different pose. They're basically the same sculpt, just different heads.

Carnoking

Wondered when we would see an update on these. I thought there would just be two so it's nice to see some extra options even if they're just more repaints.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Almost forgot about them.  I'll have to check to to see which ones are the most film accurate.

Carnoking

I still feel like the skull shape is a bit off. Bit too long and not quite deep enough in profile. It's a bit better from a more head on view but still.

need4swede

Lana already has the pre-order up for the Carnos. I'm assuming BBTS will sell these, also? Haven't seen the listing for them yet.

EDIT:

The damaged carno looks pretty cool. Probably the one I'll be picking up
Spoiler
[close]
- Swede

Carnoking

Hm, actually not a bad price for a completely resin figure with a base. I was worried we'd be looking at a hundred each given the price points of figures like the Parasaurolophus corpse, sick Trike, and upcoming Spinosaurus. I'm also surprised they'll be ready to ship so soon after not hearing about them for a good amount of time.

Even if the sculpt is a bit wonky to me, I'll still probably end up getting one of each, probably the standard carno as my Toro stand-in and the damaged one as my Malta carno. Although I must ask, what happened to the little scooter on that base? I'm not seeing it in the promo images? Loved that little detail would be a shame if it's gone...

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on September 01, 2022, 09:24:01 AMAlthough I must ask, what happened to the little scooter on that base? I'm not seeing it in the promo images? Loved that little detail would be a shame if it's gone...

Someone asked that on instagram, and the answer was basically that it was a concept that was removed for the final product.
- Swede

Carnoking

Man that's a real bummer. Might have to look into finding some miniature scooter to glue to the base, the scene just isn't complete without it.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ordered both from Lana.  They are definitely better than the original though no longer in scale as far as I can tell? At least no standing issues with the base. And they beat the Prime 1 in terms of paint detail.

Carnoking

I have to chuckle, it feels like I've come full circle with Nanmu. Their original ranger was the first of their figures I picked up, and I was adamant I wouldn't let myself get sucked into the line. Three years later, here I am with nearly every mold from them and planning to pick up both their new Carnotaurus figures. Time makes fools of us all.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on September 01, 2022, 09:08:29 PMI have to chuckle, it feels like I've come full circle with Nanmu. Their original ranger was the first of their figures I picked up, and I was adamant I wouldn't let myself get sucked into the line. Three years later, here I am with nearly every mold from them and planning to pick up both their new Carnotaurus figures. Time makes fools of us all.

I think it proves they've found a great niche and are doing well at filling it. I don't always agree with everything they make but that's ok. I honestly have slowed up quite a bit and I really need to think about further cutting back before I', swamped here. lol

Over9K

So both versions (open and closed mouth) are resin?

Carnoking

Quote from: Over9K on September 02, 2022, 09:02:46 AMSo both versions (open and closed mouth) are resin?

That is correct.

Carnoking

Speaking of redos, Nanmu is already teasing a new release with another base, this one littered with primate skulls. People have been speculating that it may be a Skull Crawler, Godzilla, or even Zilla but I'm wondering if this is going to be a revisit to their V-rex. If that's the case, it seems they're starting to employ the Hollywood ratio of remakes to originals!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on September 02, 2022, 01:16:25 PMSpeaking of redos, Nanmu is already teasing a new release with another base, this one littered with primate skulls. People have been speculating that it may be a Skull Crawler, Godzilla, or even Zilla but I'm wondering if this is going to be a revisit to their V-rex. If that's the case, it seems they're starting to employ the Hollywood ratio of remakes to originals!

I have two V-rex thanks to Nanmu and Rebor so I'm good there. Now if it's a retro Rex from the first Kong...

Even a Godzilla would be great

Carnoking

A possibility I didn't even consider would be King Kong himself to play off of their V. rex, but if that's the case perhaps a V. rex skull (or three) would have been a more interesting design element.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: