News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Leyster on July 23, 2022, 09:18:27 AMOooh, great comparison S @SidB ! I already saw the two compared during a live with Paleo-Nerd, but your photos only convinced me more to hunt down the Collecta Paraceratherium sooner or later.
I'm glad that it was of value to you. Much as I originally thought that I'd get the enormous IToy figure as my Paraceratherium, it's simply far too expensive, my conscience wouldn't allow me! I'm really pleased with this piece. It just means that I display it with the 1/35 group instead of the 1/20.

Thialfi

Here are some comparison shots with the I-TOY paraceratherium. I really like them both in their own respect and feel comfortable in assigning the CollectA version a different species of paraceratheriidae when displayed next to each other. Really happy with this unique interpretation by CollectA!

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , for the great comparison shots of these two splendid figures. Myself, I separate my Cenozoic mammal collection into two parts, 1/35 and  1/20, give or take. but I also like your approach, harmonizing the two by assigning different species designation. Clever.

Prehistory Resurrection

Lynx

Any idea when the Triceratops is releasing? And where the repaint will be sold?
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

It has been released. Minizoo has had in stock for weeks.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Ah, was just wondering since Everything Dinosaur didn't have it on sale yet.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Minizoo always seems to get them before anyone else. My guess is it's at least partly due to Australia's proximity to the ports of China's Pearl River Delta.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2022, 02:48:10 PMIt has been released. Minizoo has had in stock for weeks.
Has anyone seen or could share an actual picture of this trike with the moveable lower jaw? Even Minizoo's image is still the original stock one without the moveable jaw.

Thialfi

Quote from: SidB on September 03, 2022, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: suspsy on September 01, 2022, 02:48:10 PMIt has been released. Minizoo has had in stock for weeks.
Has anyone seen or could share an actual picture of this trike with the moveable lower jaw? Even Minizoo's image is still the original stock one without the moveable jaw.

https://youtu.be/KRzavw0v4CA

A video review of said model.

Thialfi

Quote from: SidB on September 03, 2022, 11:48:51 AM

...aaand two images courtesy of avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur!

SidB

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi , thank you for passing this information and imagery along. Greatly appreciated.

Patrx

Oh man! I was all set to buy this one but the jaw really ruins it for me. Ah well, it's not as though I don't have lots of Triceratops already.

SidB

Quote from: Patrx on September 08, 2022, 10:09:58 PMOh man! I was all set to buy this one but the jaw really ruins it for me. Ah well, it's not as though I don't have lots of Triceratops already.
I was waiting to see how this feature turned out too. I would have preferred it NOT to have been articulated, but that seems to be the present fad, doesn't it. Having said this, in the context of trikes arguably not having cheeks, as seems to be a certain trend of thought now, this figure turned out better than I feared it might. So I'll probably pick one up sooner or later. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the speculative quills, but that won't stop me from taking the plunge, if and when.

suspsy

A review for the Triceratops is coming to the DTB next week.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: SidB on September 08, 2022, 10:31:20 PM
Quote from: Patrx on September 08, 2022, 10:09:58 PMOh man! I was all set to buy this one but the jaw really ruins it for me. Ah well, it's not as though I don't have lots of Triceratops already.
I was waiting to see how this feature turned out too. I would have preferred it NOT to have been articulated, but that seems to be the present fad, doesn't it. Having said this, in the context of trikes arguably not having cheeks, as seems to be a certain trend of thought now, this figure turned out better than I feared it might. So I'll probably pick one up sooner or later. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the speculative quills, but that won't stop me from taking the plunge, if and when.

Totally agree. I like the figure of the triceratops but I would have also celebrated if the figure did not have articulated jaws, the same can be said of the dragon of wawel (smok), the swimming spinosaurus or the pteranodon of Collecta 2022, honestly I am not a fan of figures with jaws articulated although I have to admit that even so those figures are well made. Honestly... I'll stick with the edmontosaurus anyway... I prefer one-piece figures and I'm glad Collecta didn't do it with articulated jaws.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on September 09, 2022, 01:27:04 PMA review for the Triceratops is coming to the DTB next week.
I'll be looking forward to that one!

ceratopsian

I'm really not a fan of articulated jaws ( at least on an otherwise unarticulated model). I do have an awful lot of Triceratops models. So I'm currently undecided on this one. The review might clarify my thoughts. 

Lynx

I feel so, so lucky to live at a time when companies release excellent models yearly. I love that some stick to the older figure looks, even though more modern ways of doing things (PNSO, Nanmu, etc) is an option. I love that we have so many choices. I really feel like this is a golden age of dinosaur collecting.
An oversized house cat.

Remko

I just received the new Collecta atriceratops deluxe today. Huge figure, but it still scales nice with other 1:35th figures.

The official 1:40 scale is not right though. Even at 1:35th the animal already scales to well over 10 meters.
But, I guess we'll just use it as an Eotriceratops then, which generally ia considered to be somewhat larger than true Triceratops species.

Beautiful toy though. Eventhough the articulated jaw isn't that impressive.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: