News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooksonia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 02, 2022, 03:49:45 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on September 02, 2022, 01:16:25 PMSpeaking of redos, Nanmu is already teasing a new release with another base, this one littered with primate skulls. People have been speculating that it may be a Skull Crawler, Godzilla, or even Zilla but I'm wondering if this is going to be a revisit to their V-rex. If that's the case, it seems they're starting to employ the Hollywood ratio of remakes to originals!

I have two V-rex thanks to Nanmu and Rebor so I'm good there. Now if it's a retro Rex from the first Kong...

Even a Godzilla would be great

Included in the Konami King Kong 33 set but are quite small. There is a larger version by X plus. On Ebay or Yahoo Japan

need4swede

I emailed BBTS to see if they'll be putting up the Carno pre-order...

QuoteWhile we do not have an official solicit or listing on the website at this point in time for that yet, I would say that there's a good chance that you may be seeing those in our Pre-orders at some point in the future as our Product Team is aware of those already, we try to solicit as many items as possible!

Doesn't really answer my question, but that's that
- Swede

Sturisoma

Surprise surprise, it's Shadow Monarch Dragon Soul  :))

Really love the dynamic pose compared to the chill pose of OG Shadow Monarch, and it's got a bigger mouth since no articulation. I got the limited edition bronze as I collect only JP figures, but I think I will get this one if I can. I hope they don't make an Anjanath figure as I will most likely buy that one as well!  :))

Carnoking

This seems a vast improvement on every front. May have to part with my old shadow monarch for this guy (or at least one of the REBORs!)

Pliosaurking

That looks AWESOME!
I can't wait to see the final product
On a side note it's limited to 498 pieces so hopefully distribution isn't like the spinos...

SenSx

The pose is cool, but I'm fine with the previous PVC release.
I'm not really following Nanmu with that resin wave, I found the PVC were good enough, these are too big for my taste...

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on September 03, 2022, 12:25:47 PMThe pose is cool, but I'm fine with the previous PVC release.
I'm not really following Nanmu with that resin wave, I found the PVC were good enough, these are too big for my taste...
I share the same sentiment. Even if they are more affordable than most resin based companies, honestlt after their Brachiosaurus issue, I won't dare to pay for their resin models.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on September 03, 2022, 02:28:48 PM
Quote from: SenSx on September 03, 2022, 12:25:47 PMThe pose is cool, but I'm fine with the previous PVC release.
I share the same sentiment. Even if they are more affordable than most resin based companies, honestlt after their Brachiosaurus issue, I won't dare to pay for their resin models.

Yea I would have prefered they tackled new species instead of remaking the same again.
I'm only hoping they will make 1/10 resin Velociraptor to match Iron studio or Prime 1, but that's it.

dragon53

Are ALL future Nanmu dinosaurs going to be resin?

Also, an update on my Parasaurolophus and its falling-over problem. One month ago, I emailed Lana Time via their website email asking for a replacement metal peg, but I got no response. That's disappointing since I've bought seven Nanmus from Lana Time, so if they couldn't send a replacement peg, they could have at least emailed me back saying so.

I found Nanmu's email address on the box amidst the Chinese text, so maybe I'll email Nanmu directly.

Sturisoma

Quote from: dragon53 on September 03, 2022, 03:00:11 PMAre ALL future Nanmu dinosaurs going to be resin?

Also, an update on my Parasaurolophus and its falling-over problem. One month ago, I emailed Lana Time via their website email asking for a replacement metal peg, but I got no response. That's disappointing since I've bought seven Nanmus from Lana Time, so if they couldn't send a replacement peg, they could have at least emailed me back saying so.

I found Nanmu's email address on the box amidst the Chinese text, so maybe I'll email Nanmu directly.

Not all. Only Dragon Soul series will be resin.
Sadly, I don't think Nanmu offers after-sales service, so you can't really expect any replacement parts (unlike other companies, e.g. Good Smile Co. which gives replacement parts for nendoroids). This was most evident during the resin brachiosaurus issue.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on September 03, 2022, 03:00:11 PMAre ALL future Nanmu dinosaurs going to be resin?

I'm pretty sure the Para model came with a clear rod in case it had leaning issues?

dragon53

GUYS:

Thanks. I remember the resin issue came up, but I didn't follow it closely as I'm not interested in resin, so I'm glad Nanmu will still make PVC dinosaurs.

As for the Parasaurolophus, mine falls completely over to the left and the clear support is to prevent the figure from tipping forwards. I finally decided to have the Para next to a Papo Triceratops, so if the Para tips over, the Triceratops will prevent it from completely falling over and chipping off any more paint. I've used colored pencils to cover previous paint scrapes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on September 04, 2022, 04:47:21 AMGUYS:

Thanks. I remember the resin issue came up, but I didn't follow it closely as I'm not interested in resin, so I'm glad Nanmu will still make PVC dinosaurs.

As for the Parasaurolophus, mine falls completely over to the left and the clear support is to prevent the figure from tipping forwards. I finally decided to have the Para next to a Papo Triceratops, so if the Para tips over, the Triceratops will prevent it from completely falling over and chipping off any more paint. I've used colored pencils to cover previous paint scrapes.

I'd probably have to see it. If it's leaning that bad  I would suspect a defect? You could possibly prop the base up a bit on th side the base to falling toward? I like using pocket change til I get it where I want it.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Carnoking's Parasaurolophus also fell over to the left and he used blue poster tack to prop it up (see photo in link).

LINK: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9867.540

The first thing I tried on mine was taping coins on the bottom of the base, but it didn't help, so I used pliers to twist the metal peg in a different direction which helped. Unfortunately, the metal peg is pretty chewed up now, and sometimes the figure still tilts to the left. That's why I asked Lana Time for a new metal peg to see if that would solve the problem.

Carnoking

Just got the email (my heart skipped a beat, I thought it was my notification for Kiss/Tusk shipping  ::) ) and well, since there's no great disparity in pricing this time around, I reckon I'll spring for it elsewhere given how long it takes them to get these things.

Joliezac

I preordered the double horn true color variant. Wasn't expecting it this soon  :D

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on September 06, 2022, 05:54:14 PMJust got the email (my heart skipped a beat, I thought it was my notification for Kiss/Tusk shipping  ::) ) and well, since there's no great disparity in pricing this time around, I reckon I'll spring for it elsewhere given how long it takes them to get these things.

Same, I already placed an order with LTS. I like BBTS with their shipping and loot options; but Lana has always done right by me and the figures cost the same.
- Swede

dragon53

Sturisoma

Can't wait for my JP 3 brachiosaurus! It's beautiful!

I wonder why the mini brachiosaur is included in the JP 3 version? I thought it is exclusively a free gift for all who bought the resin version? Does this mean that to get this mini brach, you need to buy the JP 3 version?

I wish Nanmu continued with the mini dino figures starting from nutcracker soldier. Would be nice to have those mini figures in neutral pose, even if non-scale. Also make for a fun paint project! Here is from nonamesaurus:

Kinda bummed supplanter 2.0 has no mini figure. Maybe because supplanter 1.0 had two minis :)) A neutral pose mini spino would be cool. Also I did not see the scooter in the pre-order photos of the battle-damaged ranger 2.0. That random barbarian for the new giga is so random, even if the mini figures are just bonuses.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: