News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon: New for 2022

Started by blnadal, December 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Pliosaurking

Unfortunately I never got around to picking up the original giraffatitan, although now I'm glad I didn't, as I much prefer this colour scheme
It looks so good!

blnadal

Quote from: need4swede on July 15, 2022, 07:09:12 PMavatar_blnadal @blnadal

Is that the same sculpt as their Giraffatitan?
yes! it's just a repaint

Chasmosaurus

Quote from: blnadal on July 15, 2022, 07:04:39 PMWanchaotang
5 hours ago
from iPhone 13
edited
Posted in Guangxi
We will use a new color scheme for the new batch of long-necked dragons! Interested players can consult the dealer. Thanks 🙏!

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur   Will you sell this version too?
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

JohannesB

I've been tinkering a bit with the one I have, but this might be the inspiration to give it a complete make-over in this colour scheme. I like the grey-blue with the very subtle purplish-blue accents.

need4swede

After the recent Buck and Rexy licensed releases, I'm a bit hesitant to trust WD's studio shots. While they do a great job of conveying emotion with their pieces, they tend to be a bit over stylized and little of it carries over to the physical product once it is no longer supported by precise lighting conditions and the touch-ups of a visual artist.

Example
Spoiler

[close]

As someone who owns the original paint scheme of this Sauropod, I hope the repaint lives up to expectations.
- Swede

JohannesB

I might buy it, but only after I have checked out the photo's of it by the "early adopters", and if it costs around $100 (which I highly doubt, since prices have risen quite steeply the last few years. I would hazard a guess at around $150). I touched up/changed the paint app on my original W-Dragon Giraffatitan a bit, but I don't intend to do it on this "blue" variant.

P.S. I have the big 2008 Schleich Apatosaurus, and this might fit very well, bulkwise and colourwise *LOL*

Halichoeres

I'm happy with the original, but I'm glad this sculpt is getting new life. As far as I'm concerned it's the best thing they've ever made and they're unlikely to surpass it now that they're focused on licensed merch.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

JohannesB

Just for fun

Abobo

Giga repaint / new version by W-Dragon? :

JohannesB

It may look a bit too "monstrous", but I like it very much (as shown on these photographs).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Still haven't seen the Giraffatitan up for preorder yet.

Must be a good time for a quick cash grab by W-Dragon, though I can't blame them. If you have it why not use it?

Over9K

Oh, I love that repaint of the Giga! Might have to double dip on that, the OG is a favorite of mine...

Carnoking

Am I the only one who thinks it's just a desaturated take on the original? I don't dislike it but it strikes me as a very similar idea.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 12, 2022, 10:43:00 PMIf you have it why not use it?

Exactly. I like their Dino Crisis Giga - this one seems to lean a bit more towards the JWD Giga in terms of coloration, if just a tad bit. Their Sauropod surely seems to be drawing inspiration from JP, so I'm just assuming that is what's guiding their color choices

Their Giga makes for a great villain in a dino-diorama!

- Swede

Over9K

SOON.

I am beyond excited for this chonky boi...

Over9K

W-Dragon joins the lipped Tyrannosaurus party with this 1/35th scale, PVC offering. It features a polystone base, and two interchangeable heads, for open and closed mouth poses.

This is an instant pre-order for me!

Carnoking

Not bad as a stand-alone figure but as a more "accurate" release it seems to be even more stylized than REBOR's offering. I can still see the Jurassic Park rex peaking through that design.

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on September 11, 2022, 06:31:16 AMNot bad as a stand-alone figure but as a more "accurate" release it seems to be even more stylized than REBOR's offering. I can still see the Jurassic Park rex peaking through that design.

It's definitely there. I see the JP rex a little around the eyes, but the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it was Shane Foulkes recent rex 2.0, and David Krentz's Regina Mundi. It's almost like W-Dragon mashed up the two, IMO.

Regina Mundi by David Krentz

Tyrannosaurus rex 2.0 by Shane Foulkes

Flaffy

Feels like what the JWD Prologue Tyrannosaurus design should've been. A bit of the JP design peaking through, but still noticeably more anatomically correct than the modern-day clone.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: