You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I had my Kiss arrived today as well. Very good figure. Glad to finally have it. Only real issue is the jaw articulation suffering from poor quality control (maybe the tail too, but not gonna assemble it right now). That was my fault for opening it out of curiosity (and by the way it was pretty tightly closed), but anyways it sags if trying to close it fully, and trying to open it fully, it also starts closing on its own (same issue avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking has with Tusk above). Not really sure why when previous figures like the Ceratosaurus and Carnotaurus (for example) had flawless smooth articulation, but this one just doesn't. I think some of their other T. rex figures had better jaw articulation as well (though none I have on hand).

Arms also wouldn't budge. Granted I'm not sure if those are actually articulated to begin with? Figured I would test it out just in case though.

My box also had a tiny little hole in it in the back, (same as the HC T. rex on front and back). No idea how that was caused, but it's not a big deal either way.

Thankfully there is that little rubberband to close its jaw back up tightly.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tails popped right in with a bit of lubricant and some pushing..no issue with jaws i can see.

CityRaptor

Noticed it in the latest hauls thread, but thought it was better to ask here: Is there a reason why Kiss has dark stripes on the body but they are light on the tail? Looks rather off.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 17, 2022, 10:34:45 AMNoticed it in the latest hauls thread, but thought it was better to ask here: Is there a reason why Kiss has dark stripes on the body but they are light on the tail? Looks rather off.
I don't know the reason, but yes, it does look rather off. I thought at first they had sent me the wrong tail, but in the original figure it is like that.  I really like the grey tail tail but they could have made the transition from dark to grey more lightly.

Carnoking

I've noticed my kiss starting to grin despite not messing with the mouth joint

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on September 17, 2022, 11:24:02 AMI've noticed my kiss starting to grin despite not messing with the mouth joint
For the human physique, it used to be said that sagging is due to either gravity or gravy. With Kiss, well ... gravity?!!

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on September 17, 2022, 11:24:02 AMI've noticed my kiss starting to grin despite not messing with the mouth joint
For the human physique, it used to be said that sagging is due to either gravity or gravy. With Kiss, well ... gravity?!!
Quote from: Duna on September 17, 2022, 10:42:01 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on September 17, 2022, 10:34:45 AMNoticed it in the latest hauls thread, but thought it was better to ask here: Is there a reason why Kiss has dark stripes on the body but they are light on the tail? Looks rather off.
I don't know the reason, but yes, it does look rather off. I thought at first they had sent me the wrong tail, but in the original figure it is like that.  I really like the grey tail tail but they could have made the transition from dark to grey more lightly.
Seems to me that a minor repaint might be in order for the tail section.

Over9K

Anybody else notice that, on the back of the Kiss/Tusk box, the Killer Queen T.rex has been renamed King T.rex?

Screenshot from Andy's Dinosaur Reviews

need4swede

Quote from: Over9K on September 19, 2022, 10:37:59 PMAnybody else notice that, on the back of the Kiss/Tusk box, the Killer Queen T.rex has been renamed King T.rex?

That's odd. Wondering if that's just a printing error, since the King Rex is that top-left one (meant to be paired with the Fallen Queen figure). I know they're releasing a pair of figures that were meant for that set - I wonder if they're re-visiting the Rex figure and rebranding it?

EDIT: Looks like they are revisiting this figure

- Swede

SidB

Everything Dinosaur just got their 'Kiss' and Tusk' stock in today, so, quick as quicksilver, I placed my order for the former. May be delayed a bit because of the Royal funeral, but at least its in the pipeline.

need4swede

Found some suitable mates for the new Rebor duo

Poor Wilson. I'm sorry you had to find out this way....

- Swede

Carnoking

need4swede

Hey man, it's better that he finds out like this than realizing it once those eggs hatch!

Also, fellas, find yourself a T.rex that looks at you the way Tusk looks at King  ;D
May require besting a ceratopsian or two - no big deal!
- Swede

Stegotyranno420

They did my man Wilson dirty bro.

Congrats on those big guys btw

Over9K

I got my Tusk, and I gotta say, I think Tusk is a better execution than Kiss. The paint doesn't suddenly change going from torso to tail, and IMO the overall color pallet is more naturalistic on Tusk. 

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on September 24, 2022, 07:00:46 AMI got my Tusk, and I gotta say, I think Tusk is a better execution than Kiss. The paint doesn't suddenly change going from torso to tail, and IMO the overall color pallet is more naturalistic on Tusk. 
That's good news about the tail.

Carnoking

Lynx

Considering how well the figure did (as far as I am aware), I doubt it
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: