You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Scientifically Accurate Tyrannosaurus rex "Kiss” and “Tusk”

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 14, 2021, 08:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

I thought those have been around since after the pre-orders went out, and they got the stock in? Or am I mistaken and they have restocked?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SRF

I really hope REBOR decides there will be a second production run of Kiss. Today he fell of my shelve where he was standing on top of, and the full left leg is broken off, in multiple little pieces as well. Sadly it's beyond repair. At one local reseller here in the Netherlands I could still get Tusk, but Kiss is sold out everywhere I look in European stores.
But today, I'm just being father

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on December 11, 2022, 12:58:41 PMI really hope REBOR decides there will be a second production run of Kiss. Today he fell of my shelve where he was standing on top of, and the full left leg is broken off, in multiple little peaces as well. Sadly it's beyond repair. At one local reseller here in the Netherlands I could still get Tusk, but Kiss is sold out everywhere I look in European stores.

i'm sure someone could repair it.  I assembled an old cinemacast velociraptor that was in around fifty pieces from being destroyed in transit. a little skill and patience could do it.

SRF

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2022, 04:06:06 PM
Quote from: SRF on December 11, 2022, 12:58:41 PMI really hope REBOR decides there will be a second production run of Kiss. Today he fell of my shelve where he was standing on top of, and the full left leg is broken off, in multiple little peaces as well. Sadly it's beyond repair. At one local reseller here in the Netherlands I could still get Tusk, but Kiss is sold out everywhere I look in European stores.

i'm sure someone could repair it.  I assembled an old cinemacast velociraptor that was in around fifty pieces from being destroyed in transit. a little skill and patience could do it.

I'm sure someone could. But I don't know anybody who would be able to do it. Also, I'm missing some small pieces so gluing everything back together isn't possible.

Duna

Quote from: SRF on December 11, 2022, 05:48:13 PM

I'm sure someone could. But I don't know anybody who would be able to do it. Also, I'm missing some small pieces so gluing everything back together isn't possible.
I'm sorry to hear that ... I would repair it for you at no cost, but probably I'm too far away. You may probably find someone that likes painting, because the most important thing is matching the colours. The missing small pieces can be filled with children dry clay or similar, easily.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm not sure if there any artistic members in your area, I know a few in the UK. You might ask around on here, but worse comes to worse shipping it for repairs shouldn't be too bad as it's not a huge model at least.

RobinGoodfellow

One of the best resin kit's painter in Europe is from Belgium: BVS Artworks.
You can find him on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/bvsminiatures ).
For sure he can fix your figure.
Or you can ask to Mr. Martin Garratt (from UK).
A broken arm is not a problem for Martin; years ago he did a complete custom for me:

:)

SRF

avatar_Duna @Duna, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  and avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow thanks to all of your suggestions and kind words. Maybe BVS artworks could be an option, since Belgium isn't far away for me. If anyone knows any other options in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany, that would of course be very welcomed.

For now I just have put Kiss and all the parts of his legs back into the box and stored away, just like the rest of my collection actually. Since my home office is turning into a children's room for my daughter (expected in February) and the attic is yet to be turned into a home office, I don't have much space to display my figures anyway. Kiss was actually the last one I had on display. If only I had put it in storage just like the rest of them...  :-X

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on December 12, 2022, 07:05:25 PMavatar_Duna @Duna, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  and avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow thanks to all of your suggestions and kind words. Maybe BVS artworks could be an option, since Belgium isn't far away for me. If anyone knows any other options in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany, that would of course be very welcomed.

For now I just have put Kiss and all the parts of his legs back into the box and stored away, just like the rest of my collection actually. Since my home office is turning into a children's room for my daughter (expected in February) and the attic is yet to be turned into a home office, I don't have much space to display my figures anyway. Kiss was actually the last one I had on display. If only I had put it in storage just like the rest of them...  :-X

Glad all hope isn't lost, here's hoping you can get him fixed eventually.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SRF on December 12, 2022, 07:05:25 PMavatar_Duna @Duna, avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  and avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow thanks to all of your suggestions and kind words. Maybe BVS artworks could be an option, since Belgium isn't far away for me. If anyone knows any other options in the Netherlands, Belgium or Germany, that would of course be very welcomed.

Oh no. Modellpferdeversand.de only has Tusk in Stock, sadly.

https://modellpferdeversand.de/REBOR-160932-1-35-Tyrannosaurus-rex-TUSK-King-T-REX-Requiem-Ver-1

SRF

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on December 13, 2022, 12:26:54 PM

Oh no. Modellpferdeversand.de only has Tusk in Stock, sadly.

https://modellpferdeversand.de/REBOR-160932-1-35-Tyrannosaurus-rex-TUSK-King-T-REX-Requiem-Ver-1

I know. Same applies for Speelboer.com.

GojiraGuy1954

Glad to see that Tusk isn't selling as well as Kiss. Hopefully next time it means we can get a second lipped version.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lynx

An oversized house cat.

SidB

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 15, 2022, 05:37:35 PMGlad to see that Tusk isn't selling as well as Kiss. Hopefully next time it means we can get a second lipped version.
The tide has turned, it seems.

GojiraGuy1954

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 19, 2022, 12:21:16 AMDid they make them in equal numbers?
I'd assume so since they're paint variants of each other

SRF

Quote from: dragon53 on December 25, 2022, 05:32:53 AM

Great review this by avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Now I feel I better purchase Tusk while I still can, I really like its colors. Probably cheaper than getting my Kiss repaired as well.

Over9K

Quote from: SRF on December 27, 2022, 07:04:48 PMGreat review this by avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking. Now I feel I better purchase Tusk while I still can, I really like its colors. Probably cheaper than getting my Kiss repaired as well.

IMO, Tusk is the better execution between the two. Kiss with Tusk's colors would have been beautiful.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: