News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna 2022/23 Hopes and Dreams

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 05, 2022, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on September 02, 2022, 06:11:27 PMof course there are several good sculptures of stegosaurus, but a stegosaurus would be essential for eofauna, in ceratopsids I prefer an apatosaurus, brachiosaurus, amargasaurus, nigersaurus or saltasaurus, in theropods a spinosaur, deinocheurus, acrocanthosaurus and allosaurus, I would also like to release an edmontosaurus, parasaurolophus or corythosaurus , and in prehistoric elephants, an anancus, stegotetrabelodon or American Mastodon

I too think an Eofauna Stegosaurus could be worthwhile.  The only good versions of it are the Safari 2019 and the PNSO 2021, both of which suffer from dull colouration.  If Eofauana does a nicely coloured Stegosaurus it would offer something that's missing from what's currently available.

I don't understand the desire for a Miragaia, since the excellent PNSO version exists.  The PNSO Tuojiangosaurus is a bit of a flop though unfortunately so a version of it from Eofauna could be great!

Fembrogon

I'd be curious about an Eofauna Miragaia purely to see if it would be cheaper. It's far from a priority choice for me, though; there are plenty of other genera in greater need of representation (as you, I, and others have already been mentioning).

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Sim @Sim speaking if dull coloration if they were to make stegosaurus, I hope they make it either a natural green and red plates(it's a classic), or go the other path with a unique color scheme, maybe blues and browns?

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I think if they release a second figure that may be an ornithischian dinosaur which has only one figure (The Yoshi's Trike), probably be a hadrosaur. They have already casted four proboscideans. Although in the previous year the Konobelodon came with the gorgeous Diplodocus. Let's see what happens in future.

Jorgesaurus

I look forward to information on eofauna 2023 hopefully and there will be 3 figures

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Does anyone have information about the T. imperator figure? I just want to know whether it will be a skeletal model or a figure with flesh and skin.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Kaustav Bhattacharyya on October 06, 2022, 04:06:39 PMDoes anyone have information about the T. imperator figure? I just want to know whether it will be a skeletal model or a figure with flesh and skin.

They will be releasing information soon...as for a skeletal model, OMG, I would love that!  Either would be an instant buy for me

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Jorgesaurus on September 19, 2022, 06:25:05 PMI look forward to information on eofauna 2023 hopefully and there will be 3 figures

I believe this year marks the 5th year anniversary they released the mammoth.  They've released 8 sculpts and an additional repaint.  So 8 figures in 5 years is about 3 figures every 2 years...if they release 3 figures next year I'll be ecstatic but they just released 2 so even if they just release the tyrannosaur in 2023 they'll be on pace to match their usual output...they told us five years ago that they would slowly release figures and I've been hooked ever since...I remember posting on that thread something to the effect "I'll take quality over quantity" LOL and they have delivered quality in spades...

I'm holding out hope we'll get a wholly mammoth and a saber toothed cat at some point too ;)

Jorgesaurus

There is still no news of eofauna 2023, I hope we will have good news soon

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Has anyone filled up the questionnaire yet?

Concavenator

K @Kaustav Bhattacharyya Eofauna posted that questionnaire on April 2019, so I would say everyone who wanted to fill it have done it already. Never too late though, I asked them earlier this year if they consider the ideas they reveive and told me yes, that they're paying attention.

When it comes to what I'd like to see, as long as it's a species with good fossil remains, I could be interested.

Though Iguanodon is probably at the top of my list now.

Halichoeres

I requested several herbivorous theropods, although I can't remember exactly which, some non-hadrosaur ornithopods, some ankylosaurs, some basal sauropodomorphs, and in the 'other' category, Cotylorhynchus, Rhizodus, and a few other things I forget. It's been a couple of years.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jorgesaurus

i asked for stegosaurus, parasaurolophus, camarasaurus, acrocanthosaurus, spinosaurus, but obviously i prefer a stegosaurus to be released first

Thialfi

I remember proposing a pretty eclectic list as well, mostly containing species that haven't been done a lot before. I recall Moeritherium being on there, Magyarosaurus and Moschops too I believe? Ouranosaurus, Anteosaurus. Very curious what they'll put out next.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Thialfi on October 29, 2022, 01:24:06 AMI remember proposing a pretty eclectic list as well, mostly containing species that haven't been done a lot before. I recall Moeritherium being on there, Magyarosaurus and Moschops too I believe? Ouranosaurus, Anteosaurus. Very curious what they'll put out next.

I think you and I are on a similar wavelength!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Thialfi on October 29, 2022, 01:24:06 AMI remember proposing a pretty eclectic list as well, mostly containing species that haven't been done a lot before. I recall Moeritherium being on there, Magyarosaurus and Moschops too I believe? Ouranosaurus, Anteosaurus. Very curious what they'll put out next.
Theyre doing Rex but after that I really hope its another Ornithischian since we havent gotten any since the Trike
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Thialfi

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 29, 2022, 11:06:10 PM
Theyre doing Rex but after that I really hope its another Ornithischian since we havent gotten any since the Trike
Of course, I keep forgetting about that Rex because well, it's a Rex and we have so many of them. It's hard to imagine how EoFauna could improve on what is available already in a meaningful way, but of course I am very open to being surprised. I just really prefer them doing unsung and/or unloved species.

And I am digging that, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres!

Halichoeres

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 29, 2022, 11:06:10 PM

Yeah, I'd also rather see an ornithischian, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at an early sauropodomorph either.

Concavenator

So far, for dinosaurs, the order has been: theropod -> sauropodomorph -> ornithischian -> sauropodomorph -> theropod. So I think the next one after the Tyrannosaurus might be an ornithischian. I'm guessing it will be an Edmontosaurus or a Gargoyleosaurus, since those were also featured in their study about specific gravities.

I'm looking forward to see their Tyrannosaurus. At the very least, I'm positive it will be a great version of the genus, so I don't think it will simply be "just another one", and it has the potential to be one of the very best if not the best. Out of the countless figures of Tyrannosaurus, how many are actually good attempts at accurate reconstructions? 5? 10? As expected, that's certainly more than any other dinosaur species, but if you take into consideration only the ones that could be called "accurate", then proportionally they're not a lot. It's a similar case with Velociraptor, though not that extreme. Also, it will be interesting to see how it will look alongside the Safari feathered T.rex, IIRC Doug also based it on Sue? I think it was in 1:35-ish scale too.

Halichoeres

If they're going to be making one from the specific gravity study, Gargoyleosaurus would get my vote. There are several good Edmontosaurus figures already.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: