News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd 2023 Wishlist

Started by profnik, August 30, 2022, 03:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 11, 2022, 06:07:36 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 11, 2022, 06:06:10 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 10, 2022, 12:48:28 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 10, 2022, 07:58:05 AM
Quote from: suspsy on October 09, 2022, 12:30:52 PMTyrannosaurus rex has minimal feathering in this book, which is written by the two experts behind EoFauna. It is therefore reasonable to assume that the toy will be similar. But we shall see.

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691180311/dinosaur-facts-and-figures
the diplo we got isnt the same from the book and the sauropods one is the newer of the two

But the Atlasaurus is a dead ringer. Again, wait and see.
Because its an older model
And besides, the "Atlasaurus" in the Sauropods book is not Atlasaurus proper

Whatever. The artwork is a dead ringer for the toy. The Eofauna T. rex might not necessarily share the same colour scheme as Atuchin's design, but it's still perfectly possible that it'll have some fuzzy bits. As I've stated three times now, we shall see.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Theriz

List is short because I'm a simple man

Maiasaura
Therizinosaurus
Appalachiosaurus
Camptosaurus
Eotriceratops
Megatherium
Mosasaurus
Tiktaalik

Thialfi

My wish for 2023 is for the 2022 models to reach Europe.

Other than that, a Tiktaalik would be amazing, as would an updated Megatherium and some more Cenozoic fauna! Oh, and a Plateosaurus, Scelidosaurus and/or Moschops perhaps?

SidB

Go Megatherium and Plateosaurus especially!

Lynx

I will ask for this year and year again
A Pinacosaurus and Utahraptor
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lynx on November 14, 2022, 12:32:10 AMI will ask for this year and year again

Don't care for the PNSO Pinacosaurus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lynx

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 15, 2022, 02:44:18 AM
Quote from: Lynx on November 14, 2022, 12:32:10 AMI will ask for this year and year again

No, I love it, and I want more Pinacosaurus in my collection.
An oversized house cat.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lynx on November 15, 2022, 03:14:07 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 15, 2022, 02:44:18 AM

No, I love it, and I want more Pinacosaurus in my collection.

Oh, that makes sense. The PNSO is a great figure, but yeah, it wouldn't hurt for it to have some company.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

My biggest wish from Safari in 2023 is that they don't take until mid-summer to reveal their assortment.

Fembrogon

Haha, agreed. I understand circumstances were tricky for the company last year, but even if next year's assortment still undergoes delays, I'd like to at least know what's coming a little sooner this time.

Flaffy

Here here. I don't mind waiting for the figures themselves. But I'd like to know beforehand what to expect, so I can plan my purchases for the year accordingly. It's not like Safari's waiting on the figure to be ready for mass shipment before revealing the figures, case in point the Patagotitan got revealed in Late Jan / Early Feb? But it was months until the figure actually got into peoples hands.

suspsy

I would be perfectly happy with a simple list of upcoming toys if images were not available.

TheCambrianCrusader

Plateosaurus and Moschops please! A Herrerasaurus would also be very welcome

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2022, 04:07:30 PM
Quote from: Newt on October 10, 2022, 01:43:43 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 09, 2022, 06:20:25 PMStill need a Safari Nothosaurus.
QFT. Or any Triassic marine reptile, really. So much weirdness, so few figures.
Yes, please. Askeptosaurus would work. Lariosaurus would work. Pistosaurus would work. Placochelys. Psephoderma. Any or all.
It's not marine but a Vancleavea would be amazing. Such a cool looking animal known from absolutely beautiful fossils

Faelrin

avatar_TheCambrianCrusader @TheCambrianCrusader Why have I never seen that one before? The name feels familiar but yet I don't recognize the animal itself? I totally want that now. So interesting. Gives me basilisk lizard vibes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mellow Stego

I'm hoping for a repaint of their 2019 Stegosaurus
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

JimoAi

For my list:

Therizinosaurus
An updated iguanodon (scaled up)
Would love a Doug Watson centrosaurus or Torosaurus
Updated dilophosaurus
Scaled down carnotaurus
Prionosuchus would be a great addition

Jose S.M.

Quote from: JimoAi on November 19, 2022, 03:33:38 AMFor my list:

Therizinosaurus
An updated iguanodon (scaled up)
Would love a Doug Watson centrosaurus or Torosaurus
Updated dilophosaurus
Scaled down carnotaurus
Prionosuchus would be a great addition

Oh how I would love a scale up Iguanodon. It could be the same sculpt for me because I absolutely love it but it looks so tiny next to my other ornithopods. I would also love to see their take on a Gallimimus or Ornithomimus.

profnik

Quote from: Theriz on November 13, 2022, 07:06:28 PMList is short because I'm a simple man

Maiasaura
Therizinosaurus
Appalachiosaurus
Camptosaurus
Eotriceratops
Megatherium
Mosasaurus
Tiktaalik

profnik

Tiktaalik would be great idea for wild safari prehistoric world collection an life Before dinosaurs toobs for
Tikkaalik figurine in the future.   :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: