News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2022

Started by Halichoeres, January 19, 2022, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 31, 2022, 07:48:22 AMAll we've seen here in the UK is Patagotitan.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cryolophosaurus arrives in 2023.

SenSx

Quote from: Flaffy on October 31, 2022, 11:21:16 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on October 31, 2022, 07:48:22 AMAll we've seen here in the UK is Patagotitan.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Cryolophosaurus arrives in 2023.

It will.
I wonder if we will even see the first wave before 2023

Ludodactylus

Wow, somehow I forgot that a Cryolophosaurus was even announced for this year. I feel a little guilty for forgetting, as looking at it it is my favorite of the new releases/announcements, and the only one that is going to be a sure-fire must buy for me. Zuul is a strong maybe but I think the color schemes chosen for the rest (other than Patagotitan) are just off-putting for me personally.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Lynx

Have had some time to have the figures grow on me, so here are my thoughts:

- Patagotitan is just fantastic, I want to pick it up, though I'm already running low on shelf space. I think the pose is decent, as are the colors!

- The Zuul is just top-notch, you can't get much better. Colors are a shame, so I may wait until next year to be sure the colors don't have any issues.

- I have been wanting a proper Albertosaurus for a while, as the Carnegie version is far too expensive for me to get, and this is the perfect model! The mouth is open, the colors stand out, and the sculpt is as good as always. Will be getting it sometime soon.

- Not as fond of the Cryolophosaurus. It is really good, and the colors are unique, but that pose is getting overused. All my Safari theropods are just 'standing with the head swayed'. I will still buy it, but I likely won't get any more Safari theropods. I far prefer energetic and even 'out-there' poses over the same thing multiple times over.
An oversized house cat.

Shane

The Cryolophosaurus is in stock now on the Safari site.

There is currently a small amount, so if you want to get it I'd recommend grabbing it before they get scooped up.

If you miss out, don't worry, there are more coming in the new year.

https://www.safariltd.com/products/cryolophosaurus-toy-dinosaur-figure

bmathison1972

Quote from: Shane on November 16, 2022, 01:17:26 PMThe Cryolophosaurus is in stock now on the Safari site.

There is currently a small amount, so if you want to get it I'd recommend grabbing it before they get scooped up.

I got one! I found another Watson WS dino I needed to make it to $25  ;D  8)

Fembrogon

Got mine in too! This will make a nice end-of-year acquisition.

SenSx

Do you know when we will finally get the first 2022 wave available in Europe ?
We will get the Cryolophosaurus for 2023 Christmas if we are lucky...

Shane

Quote from: SenSx on November 17, 2022, 11:45:44 AMDo you know when we will finally get the first 2022 wave available in Europe ?

This is mainly up to when those distributors place orders for those items.

suspsy

I've been checking the Hobby and Toy Central (a toy chain in Eastern Ontario) website pretty much every day for new Safari dinos. Still nothing. They do have the Patagotitan, so hopefully they'll get the rest in sometime before 2023.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SenSx

Quote from: Shane on November 17, 2022, 01:20:43 PM
Quote from: SenSx on November 17, 2022, 11:45:44 AMDo you know when we will finally get the first 2022 wave available in Europe ?

This is mainly up to when those distributors place orders for those items.

Well EVerything dinosaur finally got the Patagotitan very recently, so I do think they are placing orders for Safari figures.
It just takes a very long time for them to reach Europe for some reason.

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on November 16, 2022, 02:17:17 PM
Quote from: Shane on November 16, 2022, 01:17:26 PMThe Cryolophosaurus is in stock now on the Safari site.

I got one! I found another Watson WS dino I needed to make it to $25  ;D  8)

I got a couple of Christmas gifts for my friends' kids to make it to the threshold.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

I also just got an email about a sitewide 15%-off Black Friday sale starting today, in case anyone's still waiting for additional incentive to place their order.

Prehistory Resurrection

Code: SPINODUDE for 15% off. Now available on Safari Ltd's website.

Fembrogon

I'm a fan. This is another splendid Doug Watson sculpt, and probably one of Safari's best color schemes in a while.

Comparison shots with Safari's 2020 Dilophosaurus, plus the Battat Cryo for good measure.

Spoiler

[close]

The new cryo is about an inch longer than the other two, although the Battat is similar in stockiness. Personally I think the three look great together.

SidB

Thanks, avatar_Prehistory Resurrection @Prehistory Resurrection , for passing the review along to us. I'm looking forward to getting my Cryo - Dan finally got some stock from Safari, so it's on the way.

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on November 17, 2022, 01:36:03 PMI've been checking the Hobby and Toy Central (a toy chain in Eastern Ontario) website pretty much every day for new Safari dinos. Still nothing. They do have the Patagotitan, so hopefully they'll get the rest in sometime before 2023.

Remember when most of Safari's new models would come out at the beginning of a year? Or even before that year?

It's crazy how late some of these are...I realize supply chain and shipping are massive headaches these days, but it's getting pretty frustrating. It would also help if they had Canadian distributors again (that cross-border shipping is a nightmare these days).

Shane

Quote from: SBell on November 23, 2022, 05:59:37 AMRemember when most of Safari's new models would come out at the beginning of a year? Or even before that year?

It's crazy how late some of these are...I realize supply chain and shipping are massive headaches these days, but it's getting pretty frustrating. It would also help if they had Canadian distributors again (that cross-border shipping is a nightmare these days).

I wouldn't say "late". The release schedule has just shifted. Safari is no longer doing one big release toward the end of the year. Instead, they're announcing and releasing figures throughout the year.

bmathison1972

The only thing I am waiting on at this point is the Sahara Desert TOOB :)

SidB

Quote from: Shane on November 23, 2022, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: SBell on November 23, 2022, 05:59:37 AMRemember when most of Safari's new models would come out at the beginning of a year? Or even before that year?

I wouldn't say "late". The release schedule has just shifted. Safari is no longer doing one big release toward the end of the year. Instead, they're announcing and releasing figures throughout the year.
That strategy seems to work quite well for PNSO. I think that it won't take too long for most people to adjust to Safari's new schedule. I was finding the wait uncomfortable too, but now that we know what's afoot at Safari, well, I'm okay with it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: