You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrimevalRaptor

Got my hands on the new Playmates Ghidorah, probably one of their best sculpts so far and I'm glad to finally have a figure of the KOTM one, he really stole the show in that movie.

Fembrogon

Oh, nice, I didn't even realize this was out yet! I'll have to try seeking one out for myself. Playmates needs to work on their distribution.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Been casually checking walmart and target and haven't seen him yet.

PrimevalRaptor

I didn't even know they made this guy, pretty surprised too though, usually Germany is a bit behind with releases.
I hope they get to Rodan down the line too, really liked his KOTM design as well.

Giganotosaurus

I am soo excited for the upcoming Diamond Select Gypsy Danger, anybody else? (I LOVE Pacific Rim)
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Fembrogon

I'm happy Pacific Rim is still getting merch, but I'll hold my excitement until Diamond announces Knifehead or something. Jaegers exist to battle kaiju, after all.

Eocarcharia

So my SHMA King Ghidorah pre-order arrived a couple months ago now and I neglected to post it, so here it is now:

He's so big and unwieldy that I don't feel like moving him from the shelf for a better picture. But you can see him here looming over my Monsterverse collection (sans Mechagodzilla, there's not enough room for him.)

DragonRider02

My second SHMA figure ever just came in mail.
King Ghidorah had one month of delay, but this guy arrived one month earlier than scheduled!

AcroSauroTaurus

These two came in since my last post, I love how the Rodan can be put in a walking pose.
S.H.MonsterArts Jet Jaguar-2021

S.H.MonsterArts Rodan-2021

I am the Dinosaur King!

Eocarcharia

Nice! I'm just waiting for a sale before I snag Jet Jaguar, but I'm eagerly anticipating him! I'n not sure about Rodin yet tho. He does look good there.

Fembrogon

Very cool! I've been tempted on and off by Rodan; it's rare to see a Monsterarts retail for less than $60, and I'm such a sucker for the big pterosaur.

Fembrogon

I caved; I got Rodan.

Spoiler

[close]

Granted, it helped that I came across a nice discount code to use at Entertainment Earth. Rodan is a bit on the small side, and not quite as flexible as would be ideal; but it's a pretty neat figure regardless.

Also included in my order was the new Mezco Hedorah set, which finally started coming in stock at stores. Now this is a very cool set. The only caveats are a couple of the accessories - like Hedorah's scar and the "eggs" which Godzilla is supposed to hold - aren't really working the way they ought to. The main three figures look great, however. Mezco may end up being my favorite American Godzilla brand.

I also had a big haul arrive from HobbyLink Japan just a couple of days later!

I'm no completist when it comes to Ultra monsters, but I'm building up a pretty decently-sized monster army. Sevenger (the walking tin can) is one I'm especially pleased to acquire, as he went out of stock quickly last year and became quite rare for a time.
But it wasn't just little Ultra monsters I recieved...

The Movie Monster Series strikes! I'm pleased as punch to finally have a vinyl Battra and Megaguirus in my collection. Admittedly the size and paint are on the lower end, but they both still look very nice.

It doesn't take long for them to pick fights...

Also from the MMS line is the new Daimajin, who looks very imposing indeed. I still haven't seen the second and third films of the franchise; I should get on that sometime soon.

I'm also waiting on a Buyee order from the official Godzilla store; that new Varan vinyl proved irresistible...
And did anyone else see that the Memorial Box Godzilla 1984 sculpt is getting reissued next month?!  ;D

Fembrogon

Varan is here - and he's pretty great!

Paint apps are extremely minimal, but the base sculpt is excellent. Bandai can indeed put in some great effort when they try.
Varan is 12" long, so he's pretty big for this scale, too!

Spoiler

[close]

Flaffy

Oooo, I've been waiting since the dawn of time for Bandai to make an MMS Varan figure. Might just have to pick this guy up...
Shame about the complete and utter lack of paint application though, cus the sculpt looks phenomenal. And do you think the shade of brown used is a bit on the lighter end compared to what we see on screen?

Fembrogon

I think it's close to what little we see of Varan in DAM (the one time he was in color), but I did read recently that the original 1958 suit was a shade of brown so dark it was almost black.
Honestly, I just wish the figure had a bit of shading/washing to it just to punctuate the sculpt even more.

Flaffy

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 18, 2022, 02:47:11 PMI think it's close to what little we see of Varan in DAM (the one time he was in color), but I did read recently that the original 1958 suit was a shade of brown so dark it was almost black.
Honestly, I just wish the figure had a bit of shading/washing to it just to punctuate the sculpt even more.

Something like @GormaruIsland's fanedit would've been an absolute dream. :-[

Fembrogon

That does look good; but the bigger issue is just how flat the coloration is overall. Some subtle shading or a wash in a different lighting level would punctuate the sculpt a lot more.

GojiraGuy1954

Not a toy but I picked up "GODZILLA: History of Formative Arts 1954-2016" today
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Omega Beast Furious Blue today..these Gigantic Godzillas are eating all my space..

AcroSauroTaurus

My S.H.MonsterArts Monster X came in since my last post.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: