News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturisoma

Carnoking

I've been going back and forth on that piece. I too think it would be a great addition to my bookshelf but the price point for such a novelty is scaring me off.

Fenestra

I really like it. The seams are understandable on the arms where the resin and the softer material come together.
But the statue sure would look a lot better with a dark wash to bring out all of these lovely details on the books and skin.
Could A. Pritchard be the sculptor of this piece?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fenestra on November 11, 2022, 07:19:01 PMI really like it. The seams are understandable on the arms where the resin and the softer material come together.
But the statue sure would look a lot better with a dark wash to bring out all of these lovely details on the books and skin.

That's why I preferred the bronze, just seems more detailed or to show them more.

Fenestra

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 11, 2022, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: Fenestra on November 11, 2022, 07:19:01 PMI really like it. The seams are understandable on the arms where the resin and the softer material come together.

That's why I preferred the bronze, just seems more detailed or to show them more.

Yes, I can understand your choice. I just never realized there were so many hidden details on the books, until I saw this YouTube video.
Myself, I preferred the white marble look and pre-ordered that one.
But I certainly will apply a wash myself. It would be a shame not to.

Faelrin

Finally charged for my pre-order of the broken horn Triceratops at BBTS. At least I just made a payment on the card I had it on, lol. Sitting in my pile of loot over there now. Anyone else get this one through them?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Got the email today as well! Not a moment too soon, I was hoping to get it in time to review for the holidays.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Extinction also shipped out today. No idea where I'm putting it..

dragon53

Lynx

REBOR is getting to the point where it might be one of the best dinosaur figure companies in the detail (and how crisp said detail is) degree. Their colors are getting really good, and the sculpts have a more finished and nicer look to them.

They manage to also have scientific accuracy while not causing detail, coloration, and just how unique the design is to fall. Truly, I consider REBOR "up there" among the major contenders. 

All companies are unique in what they do and their style and I can certainly say REBOR makes some of the most excellent, eye-pleasing, and drawing figures out there. They have solidified this and as of recent, release after release, their models are just beautiful.

An oversized house cat.

Carnoking

King Trident is finally back from his cigarette run but it looks like he's arrived too late!

This is such a cool sculpt. So glad REBOR decided to finally see it through.

And perhaps no coincidence its long awaited release coincided with an updated T. rex ;)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnoking

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 15, 2022, 09:40:33 PMLooks to be about 1:25?

That's more or less what I calculated it at. Hard to get an accurate measurement on these curled figures without a third set of hands.

Dyscrasia

It seems like the Sideshow Dinosauria Triceratops statue was a big inspiration for Rebor's latest Trike.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dyscrasia on December 16, 2022, 01:44:06 AMIt seems like the Sideshow Dinosauria Triceratops statue was a big inspiration for Rebor's latest Trike.

definitely.

Fenestra

Extinction showed up today.

Paleo Flo

A very nice Velo-Display. Is this a Kaiyodo or Favourite skull replica?
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Halichoeres

Meme statues do seem right up Rebor's alley.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fenestra on January 07, 2023, 04:17:02 PMExtinction showed up today.

Scratching raptors just seem appropriate eh?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: