News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Yes, Mamenchisaurus already has good figures, so I'm not interested in another.

SidB

Likewise. This also applies to another Diplodocus or Brachiosaurus/ Giraffatitan, though I am open to an updated Apatosaurus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on January 14, 2023, 06:32:05 PMLikewise. This also applies to another Diplodocus or Brachiosaurus/ Giraffatitan, though I am open to an updated Apatosaurus.

Thanks to a variety of companies and individual artists I'm pretty full on all of those. Barosaurus might be a good one?

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2023, 06:54:30 PM
Quote from: SidB link=msg=336286 date=1673721125²
Likewise. This also applies to another Diplodocus or Brachiosaurus/ Giraffatitan, though I am open to an updated Apatosaurus.
/quote]

Thanks to a variety of companies and individual artists I'm pretty full on all of those. Barosaurus might be a good one?
I'd snap up a Barosaurus immediately. I wish that Rebor was making one instead of the Diplodocus. I hope that PNSO doesn't make the one that they were rumored earlier to be considering.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2023, 12:03:48 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 13, 2023, 08:40:58 PMI can't get excited for any of these

I'd have to actually see them.
Its not even that its just that GR Toys stuff doesnt even exist here to so why bother
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Dinosaur Time stocks it in the UK.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I forget where I ordered from..maybe Lana? If I only collected what was around me it would be a sorry collection indeed. lol

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 04:08:45 AMI forget where I ordered from..maybe Lana? If I only collected what was around me it would be a sorry collection indeed. lol
Nowadays a vast majority of my collection comes from ED. Some amazon too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 15, 2023, 02:04:12 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 04:08:45 AMI forget where I ordered from..maybe Lana? If I only collected what was around me it would be a sorry collection indeed. lol

I have ordered from ED but usually only something I can't get anywhere else. Amazon, Lana, BBTS, SAFARI directly, CollectA from minizoo usually. but I've slowed up a lot on most lines.

Concavenator

So these are my guesses as to what those will be:

Velociraptor
Dilophosaurus
Iguanodon
Xinjiangtitan or Mamenchisaurus
Europasaurus or Magyarosaurus
Tuojiangosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus
Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Pteranodon

Out of those, only the Allosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Iguanodon and Rhamphorhynchus (if it's indeed one) have my attention, if they're at least to the standard of the Carcharodontosaurus, that is.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think that's the big catch, if they up to that standard there could be a lot of potential here.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 15, 2023, 02:04:12 PM

I have ordered from ED but usually only something I can't get anywhere else. Amazon, Lana, BBTS, SAFARI directly, CollectA from minizoo usually. but I've slowed up a lot on most lines.

I live in Texas: I order my Safari models directly from their website, and for all other brands I usually alternate between Everything Dinosaur and MiniZoo depending on which one has the specific figures I want at a lower price. They're surprisingly usually cheaper than ordering from the US based websites.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'm so excited to finally have a chance to get a Dicraeosaurus in my collection!!! My Kentrosaurus is getting lonely as the only Tendaguru dinosaur in my collection, haha!

Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2022, 11:45:17 AMI would also be in for the Ouranosaurus people here are requesting. Shocking that it's so overlooked considering how iconic and well-known it is. And with how great Haolonggood's figures' paintjobs are, I'm sure it would look great.

Seconded! It's a shame there haven't been any good Ouranosaurus models since Battat's.

I would also advocate for Centrosaurus and Saurolophus. Those are super common as fossils, and yet have hardly any representation in the toy/model world. More nodosaurs of any species would be nice, too. (Maybe not Borealopelta, since we've got two excellent versions of that one already.)

My biggest wish, however, is just to see more under-represented species from continents OTHER than North America in general. Europe and Africa, especially.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 18, 2023, 02:44:28 PMI'm so excited to finally have a chance to get a Dicraeosaurus in my collection!!! My Kentrosaurus is getting lonely as the only Tendaguru dinosaur in my collection, haha!

Quote from: Concavenator on December 08, 2022, 11:45:17 AMI would also be in for the Ouranosaurus people here are requesting. Shocking that it's so overlooked considering how iconic and well-known it is. And with how great Haolonggood's figures' paintjobs are, I'm sure it would look great.

Seconded! It's a shame there haven't been any good Ouranosaurus models since Battat's.

I would also advocate for Centrosaurus and Saurolophus. Those are super common as fossils, and yet have hardly any representation in the toy/model world. More nodosaurs of any species would be nice, too. (Maybe not Borealopelta, since we've got two excellent versions of that one already.)

My biggest wish, however, is just to see more under-represented species from continents OTHER than North America in general. Europe and Africa, especially.

I mean Schleich did one..sort of.  I'm really surprised Safari/Carnegie never added one seemed right up there  with their choices.   I've been waiting on a good one to use as a reference to build a big statue for the park but I'm just pulling out my Battat and going with it , of course with some modifications.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Concavenator on January 18, 2023, 12:44:27 AMSo these are my guesses as to what those will be:

Velociraptor
Dilophosaurus
Iguanodon
Xinjiangtitan or Mamenchisaurus
Europasaurus or Magyarosaurus
Tuojiangosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus
Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Pteranodon

Out of those, only the Allosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Iguanodon and Rhamphorhynchus (if it's indeed one) have my attention, if they're at least to the standard of the Carcharodontosaurus, that is.
I think most of your suggestions are good but I would substitute a few of them

GojiraGuy1954

Though, since these are all stock silhouettes, theoretically we could just track down the original images and get the genera that way

vampiredesign

Happy New Year. At present, we have designed more than 8 color schemes, and each new product will have 2 style paint schemes, which can be produced after the holiday. See you in March. (Don't look at those silhouettes, they will be cooler than those silhouettes)

vampiredesign

'm very sorry for being late. The first new product of this year is ready. I hope you can like it and welcome your suggestions. The platform will be updated as soon as possible. (https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/2FED3A2C-4A73-44FF-91CF-A5DBCED5118E)Welcome to pay attention and support.
Here, I would like to ask you if you would like to make a survey of the 1:20 sculpture appeal. We hope to meet the appeal of more collectors.
:)

Carnoking

I'll leave it to the experts to comment on accuracy but from a purely artistic and aesthetic standpoint, I like what I see!

Lynx

WOAHHHH
You all have more than outdone yourselves! I'll add this to my wishlist, looks amazing!  ;D
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: