You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

That's awesome! I would be tempted to get into the Monsterarts figures but these big vinyls are devastating my collecting budget.  Barely a week this month and it seems like all my preorders are hitting at once.

I did get a fantastic deal on these.

Gigantic Burning Godzilla

Gigantic Clear Red Shin also came in:

Still waiting on my Preorder of the XPlus King Ghidorah 2019 to ship from Sideshow and I just snagged an older XPlus Biollante from BBTS ..I've no idea where they found stock at..it's been sold out for years.

Fembrogon

Those gigantic Burning G and Shin models are certainly among the very finest "toy" depictions of their characters; and there's shortage of figures for either!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 08, 2023, 07:08:05 PMThose gigantic Burning G and Shin models are certainly among the very finest "toy" depictions of their characters; and there's shortage of figures for either!

They are I thought a long time before getting them. Now Omega Beast is doing their own version of this Shin and a Burning Godzilla , you can't win for winning..lol 

Over9K

Whoa, the clear red Shin and the OG DesuGoji gigantics are THE variants to have.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 09, 2023, 02:38:06 AMWhoa, the clear red Shin and the OG DesuGoji gigantics are THE variants to have.

I actually preferred the original XPlus Shin, the darker seemed more accurate? No one would sell one though for the same price as the new one, now everyone is selling theirs to get the new one lol

I admit to being tempted by the new Omega Beast Shin and Burning G :

Kinda worried if I ever tripped and fell on those spines though..

Burning G

I'm actually more excited for their GIANT Ghidorah and Biollante though.

I can't believe how big it will be, here is a pic of him with Furious Blue, which is about 22" tall. Ghidorah ahs to be close to 4' at the wings.

Paleo Flo

I have the first xplus Shin. One of three xplus figures i kept. The gigantic always tempted me too. Especialy after my trip to Tokyo back in 2018 in which I visited a few of the locations, wehre "Shin Godzilla" was shot
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Fembrogon

Here's a (mildly belated) group shot to sum up the second half of 2022 for me:

2022 was a good year! Bandai has been knocking it out of the park recently, and the new Mezco sets have been awesome so far as well. I also acquired a couple of older figures I had been desiring, with the Marmit Parababy Rodan being the definite highlight.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can't believe XPlus hasn't made a Battra Imago or a Megaguirus yet..

Fembrogon

That really is surprising, honestly; X-Plus has covered a lot of ground with their release history already. I know they've done Mothra before, but have they ever done the 1992 version?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fembrogon on January 11, 2023, 05:01:25 AMThat really is surprising, honestly; X-Plus has covered a lot of ground with their release history already. I know they've done Mothra before, but have they ever done the 1992 version?

It's pretty odd..maybe it's all the spines and such making it difficult to produce? 

Yeah I have the 92' I haven't been able to locate a 64' for what I would be willing to pay for it lol

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/godzilla-mothra-1992-x-plus-907788

Blade-of-the-Moon

Winding up my kaiju buying spree, just a  couple more pieces coming in now.  I found this guy for a really great deal and the seller allowed me to do payment plans to get it. I'll have better pics later.

Eocarcharia

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  Nice, that's quite the piece.

I guess I'm kinda behind with this thread. I'll have to fix that soon.

p.s. - Did anyone else catch Shin Ultraman in the theater?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 15, 2023, 01:18:48 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon  Nice, that's quite the piece.

I guess I'm kinda behind with this thread. I'll have to fix that soon.

p.s. - Did anyone else catch Shin Ultraman in the theater?

Thanks it's a heavy sucker that's for sure. I had to build my pedestal for it.

I know a lot online that did. I liked the monsters more in Ultra Man than I did the hero lol

Blade-of-the-Moon

Paleo Flo

Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 03:59:19 AMI know a lot online that did. I liked the monsters more in Ultra Man than I did the hero lol

Fair lol. I've never been big on Ultraman, whether that be the kaiju designs or Ultraman himself, but the movie definitely warmed me to both of them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on January 15, 2023, 05:33:28 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 03:59:19 AMI know a lot online that did. I liked the monsters more in Ultra Man than I did the hero lol

Fair lol. I've never been big on Ultraman, whether that be the kaiju designs or Ultraman himself, but the movie definitely warmed me to both of them.

Maybe Amazon, Netflix or something will pick it up and I can watch it there. I used to have a full set of the US released monsters in the early 90's, they made great fodder for my Godzilla to fight lol I didn't know any better they were all giant monsters to me.

I did get this girl in yesterday, I'm approaching the end of my planned kaiju buying here just the 2019 XPlus Ghidorah left to ship. 

The XPlus Biollante is just HUGE. You really need to see her in person to appreciate just how big this is.  She has a moving mouth and her "heart" is made of semi translucent material. Just a super eye catcher.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 05:44:02 PMThe XPlus Biollante is just HUGE. You really need to see her in person to appreciate just how big this is.  She has a moving mouth and her "heart" is made of semi translucent material. Just a super eye catcher.

AND she's in their "small" series too, the 25cm Series!

You just know, if they ever did a really big one...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on January 16, 2023, 04:00:35 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 05:44:02 PMThe XPlus Biollante is just HUGE. You really need to see her in person to appreciate just how big this is.  She has a moving mouth and her "heart" is made of semi translucent material. Just a super eye catcher.

AND she's in their "small" series too, the 25cm Series!

You just know, if they ever did a really big one...

There is one being worked on.. lol

Omega Beast Studios

Very rough prototype but she has to be 3' tall at least.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2023, 04:42:12 AMVery rough prototype but she has to be 3' tall at least.

Probably be what, $3k retail?  :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: