News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

That Medusaceratops looks extraordinary; surely one of the finest Beasts of the Mesozoic figures to date.

And Collecta's Gigantspinosaurus is also very nice indeed! A lovely pair of acquisitions.

Paleo Flo

A great pair of cool dinos!
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

DragonRider02

Some new things that I got last week.

Carnoking

That Ilu is pretty cool. Impressive amount of paint for a toy, or maybe I've just grown too accustomed to Mattel's increasingly lacking paint apps.

EmperorDinobot

S @SidB what tree set is that next to the Ruyangosaurus? How tall is it?

SidB

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 30, 2023, 06:59:38 PMS @SidB what tree set is that next to the Ruyangosaurus? How tall is it?
Hey, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot , it's a baobab tree by CollectA. It's approximately 14 inches tall and cost me about 30 USD several years ago. It is still in production, I think.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: DragonRider02 on January 30, 2023, 04:27:06 PM[img]Some new things that I got last week.

The Bronto ist still a fine figure

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: SidB on January 31, 2023, 12:32:37 AM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on January 30, 2023, 06:59:38 PMS @SidB what tree set is that next to the Ruyangosaurus? How tall is it?
Hey, avatar_EmperorDinobot @EmperorDinobot , it's a baobab tree by CollectA. It's approximately 14 inches tall and cost me about 30 USD several years ago. It is still in production, I think.
I think I'm going to buy a few...

triceratops83

I received the Ruyangosaurus a couple of days ago from Minizoo, and I've gotta say, it's got my vote for best prehistoric figure of 2023. A beautiful sculpt and a decent size for a sauropod toy. And it's probably the best Titanosaur figure currently available. Absolutely LOVE it!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Kei

I know I'm abit late to the party but- I've finally got Rebor's King Trident Triceratops - Wished I could've gotten Horn of doom as well ::) but C'est La Vie

Thialfi

Never too late to obtain a beautiful figure - congratulations! And everyone else of course with the overwhelming amount of acquisitions.

ceratopsian

The good thing about being "late" with a figure is that it reminds the rest of us once more about it!

JimoAi

My first figure from my sizable birthday haul: the BOTM Tyrannosaurus. It was supposed to be an Xmas gift but ended up arriving a week b4 my birthday. I finally have a lipped Tyrannosaurus in my collection and the seams don't look too bothersome and that's coming from a guy that prefers static figures.

Fembrogon

I got a shockingly good deal on a lot of vintage/classic dinosaurs on Facebook Marketplace - well, maybe not shockingly, as a few of the most valuable figures were pretty scuffed and sticky. Nevertheless, I acquired two painted Invicta Muttaburasaurs, a Toyway WWD T. rex, and everything else pictured here for just over $40!

The figures are doing a little better after some cleaning, but the Muttas and the rex are still showing lots of wear. I'm feeling sorely tempted to look into options to touch a couple of them up with paint, although this would be my first time trying it. Any advice on that front would be appreciated.
I don't need to keep both Muttas, so I may try selling or trading one (before touch-ups) sometime in the future. The Brachio is also pretty banged up, so I might just donate it with the cheaposaurs here. The AAA raptor will stay, though.

SidB

Congrats, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon , especially on the Mutta's. I can't remember the last time that I've seen a painted one for sale.

Paleo Flo

Nice painted Muttas indeed! Wow & congrats!

Pliosaurking

My Botm WWD 1:35 scale Rex is here! What a beautiful piece! Best Accurate Tyrannosaurus in my collection hands down!

Fembrogon

It's a beaut, for sure! Congrats on the acquisition!

Sim

I've acquired the following:

1. Safari 2019 Pteranodon.  Yes, I changed my mind and bought another one.  Unlike the previous copy I had, the one I got today is painted perfectly.  I'm happy with it and I'm keeping it.

2. Safari Prestosuchus.  I got past not liking the stripes on its face and decided I wanted it.  Unfortunately the one I received has each nostril a different colour.  I've bought another one and hopefully it won't be defective.

3. Beasts of the Mesozoic 1:18 Linheraptor.  I bought my first BotM figures!  I was surprised by how small the 1:18 dromaeosaurids are and how precise the detail on them is.  What a coincidence though that the Linheraptor I got has the exact same defect as the Prestosuchus!  So I've ordered another BotM Linheraptor which I hope will be free of defects.

4. Beasts of the Mesozoic 1:18 Velociraptor.  I love it!  It's excellent!  Velociraptor mongoliensis becomes the first species in my collection which I have more than one figure of.

5. Beasts of the Mesozoic 1:18 Dromaeosaurus.  I'm very happy with it.  It's nice to have a Dromaeosaurus.  I think I can see why David didn't make the legs longer on it, in person it looks fine.

6. Safari 2022 Albertosaurus.  I'm stunned by how fine the scales on it get!  avatar_Doug Watson @Doug Watson I don't know how you can physically make the scales so small but you are an expert at sculpting and I am in awe at how good the Safari 2022 Albertosaurus is.

7. Safari Nasutoceratops.  I managed to obtain it even though it's retired, like with the Pachyrhinosaurus.  I think I have all the Safari ceratopsids I need now, out of the ones they have made.

Libraraptor

Thank you avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres for my new, monochrome pterosaur! Just right up my alley!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: