News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Congrats, btw, avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon! The painted Invicta Muttaburrasaurus is a great figure indeed!

MLMjp

Believe it or not, this is only my second Owen figure. :P

JimoAi

I got my most anticipated prehistoric figure and 2nd most anticipated figure of the year: the collectA deluxe mosasaurus! This thing is just beautiful: from the immense size that scales well with many dinosaur figures, like the BOTM 1:35 rex and the level of accuracy as to be expected. The holdbacks include the pterygoid teeth not being as polished and a personal choice, wished it was more black, but other than that, I feel this is the definitive mosasaurus figure made and I doubt it will be replaced anytime soon!

JimoAi

My birthday haul for this year: rebought the Papo sperm whale and blue whale for repainting, got a tiny oviraptor from the collectA blind bags which should suffice till I get a kaiyodo one. Got the kaiyodo caiman and yujin olive ridley turtles + other non animal related junk

Blackdanter

Bit of a haul on white Invicta's. The seller was only selling multiple lots of each of the two types and had multiple listings at reasonable prices. I grabbed one lot of each and these all arrived yesterday. Six Trikes and 20 Stegos! The Trikes all have Invicta tags which is something I've not seen on the 'paint your own' white moldings before.

Who bagged the other lots I wonder?

TooOldForDinosaurs

SidB

Yup, avatar_Blackdanter @Blackdanter , I'd call that a haul!

Fembrogon

I found a listing last week for both of Rebor's Retrosaurs at about retail price; since Mesozoic Rhapsody is getting harder and pricier to find I decided to go for it.
Both figures are very cool, although there are some design quirks that could use improvement.

DinoToyForum

suspsy

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 08, 2023, 08:51:12 PM

I found a listing last week for both of Rebor's Retrosaurs at about retail price; since Mesozoic Rhapsody is getting harder and pricier to find I decided to go for it.
Both figures are very cool, although there are some design quirks that could use improvement.

The green version needs a review, although are the heads the only difference between those two?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Quote from: suspsy on February 09, 2023, 01:12:46 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on February 08, 2023, 08:51:12 PM

The green version needs a review, although are the heads the only difference between those two?

Necks, arms, and feet are different as well.

Fembrogon

Quote from: suspsy on February 09, 2023, 01:12:46 PMThe green version needs a review, although are the heads the only difference between those two?
As already mentioned, there are a few other differences. I'll think about doing a review at some point.

ceratopsian

In the post today, courtesy of one of our own members: the COG Ottoia.  I want more Cambrian critters in my collection.  I realise how odd my tastes are in the eyes of the world at large when my husband asked what was in the box - and wrinkled his nose when I told him it was a priapulid worm.  He's very supportive on my dinosaurs, but the Burgess Shales are clearly a step too far for models!

Fembrogon

That's a neat model - but I can totally understand why a casual viewer might cast a leery eye!  :))

PrimevalRaptor

Went to a local toy store here cause I saw they had the Hammond Collection JP3 Velociraptor (the first time I've seen any Hammond Collection stuff here) but given the fact that it has some flaws like the quills (I can sooort of excuse the legs) for a hefty price tag (I don't know the US prices but like...it's sold for twenty bucks here) I passed on it, buuuut given there was a smaller sale I picked up an...odd guy.

This "Siamosaurus" is neither a good Siamosaurus nor a good spinosaur but it somehow is pretty charming to me, young me would have gone nuts over this toy and for what it's worth I do like the attempt at making a more "updated" spinosaur.
Still waiting on some newer Dominion stuff to hit here, I did see the Stegosaurus repaint and the Sinotyrannus but I'm mostly waiting on the Nothosaurus.

Faelrin

So my haul from BBTS arrived today. Was sitting on these for several months now. Had to ship it out recently, before it did automatically. Included is a Jurassic Park brochure/map prop replica, the Hammond Collection Dilophosaurus and Ellie, and the Rebor broken horn King Trident Triceratops. Man is that Triceratops awesome. I know it isn't fully paleo accurate (but well I do have both the Safari Ltd, and the 2 Creative Beast Studio BotM ones), but it's still a lovely piece. I really like the broken horn and blind eye. It's just so unique compared to other models out there and has lots of character. And what an absolute unit it is too.

Some size comparisons too of course. I also really like how the T. rex "Kiss" box displays next to King Trident's.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin , good thing that you have Kiss muzzled, otherwise he might bite off the other horn!

Fembrogon

That is one formidable Trike for sure, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin.

Happy Hen Toys has some PNSO models on sale due to damaged boxes, and I had a coupon code to use before the week's end; so I threw in an Eofauna dino for good measure and here they are just a few days later!

The Atlasaurus is every bit as beautiful as I kept hearing it would be. The PNSO marine animals are very cool, too; I really hope we see more of them from PNSO in the future.

Fembrogon

Another round of goodies, this time from Facebook Marketplace and eBay; I got curious about the AAA line and found a few for very low prices. The Allosaurus is a bit damaged and dirty, but it's probably my favorite - even though it's more like a Tyrannosaurus.

Paleo Flo

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 15, 2023, 07:01:26 PMThe Atlasaurus is every bit as beautiful as I kept hearing it would be.

One of the best figures in the last years.
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: