You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Diplodocus carnegii "CATCH THE RAINBOW" & "STARGAZER"

Started by GojiraGuy1954, May 07, 2022, 01:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on November 23, 2022, 04:27:50 AMI certainly like what Rebor are doing here, but like some others, I have a reluctance in acquiring one, as I have the Eofauna, the Wild Safari, new and old Carnegies, the Favorite and even an old Salvat, as well as the elegant retro Invicta. Enough is enough, I suppose.

I've the Invicta , Carnegie and WS..probably get both of these and sell the WS. I honestly need to part with a few models that are just collecting dust at this point..

The only thing better than these for me would be if Shane Foulkes made a 1:15 Diplodocus.

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 23, 2022, 05:04:50 PMS @SidB do you have the smaller Favorite "Soft Model" or the larger vinyl model?
Sorry for the delay, avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres , I just noticed your question. I have the smaller, 1/60 or whatever, one. I only collect these, not the vinyl type, though I was considering getting it at one point because it was reputedly closer to the 1/35-1/40 scale of my main dioramas. My Favorite collection, where scale sizes are irrelevant. is a thing unto itself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

Gosh those are looking gorgeous.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm liking these more than the Eofauna offering...

Lynx

REBOR has done it again. An irresistible model that shoves contenders out of the way. This picture and color scheme in particular reminds me of WWD.
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Quote from: Lynx on January 31, 2023, 05:51:39 PMREBOR has done it again. An irresistible model that shoves contenders out of the way. This picture and color scheme in particular reminds me of WWD.
Takes me by surprise - impressed!

Faelrin

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Honestly I think I like these a smidge more as well. Those bendy tails and necks add a lot more to the display options. Colors are also beautiful. All three are great options to have though. 
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Pliosaurking

These are beautiful, possibly better than Eofauna's.

SidB

Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 31, 2023, 10:12:55 PMThese are beautiful, possibly better than Eofauna's.
Likely , but I wonder how the costs will compare. Kiss/Tusk had/ have a decent price point, IMO. Hopefully this will too. I really hope, BTW, that PNSO doesn't reveal a diplo - we don't need another one.

Carnoking

Quote from: SidB on January 31, 2023, 11:27:59 PM
Quote from: Pliosaurking on January 31, 2023, 10:12:55 PMThese are beautiful, possibly better than Eofauna's.
Likely , but I wonder how the costs will compare. Kiss/Tusk had/ have a decent price point, IMO. Hopefully this will too. I really hope, BTW, that PNSO doesn't reveal a diplo - we don't need another one.

Perhaps not, and I'd certainly welcome a more "unique" sauropod with open arms.

That said, Diplodocus is one of those "classic" dinosaurs (right up there with Triceratops, Stegosaurus, and T. rex among several others for me) that I'll always pick up for my collection if the work is good.

Pliosaurking

I'd sooner PNSO make a Barosaurus or Apatosaurus as opposed to Diplodocus which has several widely available, great options. A large Titanosaur would certainly float my boat!
Also Eofaunas Diplodocus is a very good bang for your buck, although Rebor has a pretty good track record for this too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm planning to get both, should go well in a diorama together. I've always been a fan of Diplodocus, not sure exactly why..probably one of my first sauropod toys, the old blue Imperial one. 

Kei

Good Lord that pair of Diplodocus looks magnificent. I might need to make some space for these 2 since judging by the photos they look massive length-wise.

dragon53

With the long tail of the Rebor Diplodocus, I hope Rebor solves the problem with the tail seam---it's pretty obvious on some of its dinosaurs.

Paleo Flo

I like the promo pics too! Can't wait for the first reviews
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 01, 2023, 05:07:50 AMWith the long tail of the Rebor Diplodocus, I hope Rebor solves the problem with the tail seam---it's pretty obvious on some of its dinosaurs.

ive not had an issue on one of mine?

Blade-of-the-Moon

REBOR 1:35 Male Diplodocus carnegii "Stargazer" Museum Class Replica Plain Ver.

Blade-of-the-Moon

REBOR 1:35 Female Diplodocus carnegii "Catch the Rainbow" Museum Class Replica Plain Ver.

Paleo Flo

I'm in love with it! Can't wait for it. I prefer the Stargazer variation
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Lynx

Absolutely beautiful work from REBOR. Stargazer is a wonderful name and I will probably be getting it eventually. Pure works of art, as to be expected from them by now.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: