News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Isn't there one more '93 release coming in March?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on February 19, 2023, 01:53:41 PMIsn't there one more '93 release coming in March?

I think they said in the video that these might be releasing in March? It was just a guess though by Chris? I didn't miss the part either where he mentioned working on the Carnegie Collection for Safari..would love more info on that too..

There are Legacy items coming still..just not 93' ?

Gwangi

If the next HC T. rex is the bull then that one definitely needs a new sculpt. Just repainting the other HC rex won't do and I won't buy it. In addition to making it look more like the bull Mattel should tackle issues that the previous T. rex had. If they do that I might end up buying it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 19, 2023, 01:01:50 PMI think there's a general misconception about Buck's head (which affected Nanmu's Once and Future King too). The actual head featured in the movie is more elongated than the maquette, both in the GCI and animatronic models.
There are differences, of course, just not as many as we're led to believe.

The image I posted is the easiest one to reference and I'm sure it's the one Nanmu used having bought that art pack SWS released to use on their models.  I'll try and find some better references, I'm sure Julien did one I just have to find it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on February 19, 2023, 03:10:07 PMIf the next HC T. rex is the bull then that one definitely needs a new sculpt. Just repainting the other HC rex won't do and I won't buy it. In addition to making it look more like the bull Mattel should tackle issues that the previous T. rex had. If they do that I might end up buying it.

Totally agree.

Carnoking

I think there's at least one more.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2023, 03:09:09 PMI didn't miss the part either where he mentioned working on the Carnegie Collection for Safari..would love more info on that too..

I noticed that, too but didn't want to go too off-topic in this thread. It's a shame that some of that information might never come out. Given his involvement, I'm sure he had to have known about the 2016 apatosaurus, if that was indeed what they were planning.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Gwangi on February 19, 2023, 03:10:07 PMIf the next HC T. rex is the bull then that one definitely needs a new sculpt. Just repainting the other HC rex won't do and I won't buy it. In addition to making it look more like the bull Mattel should tackle issues that the previous T. rex had. If they do that I might end up buying it.
From what I heard this T-rex is more like a repack with minor changes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on February 19, 2023, 09:00:08 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 19, 2023, 03:09:09 PMI didn't miss the part either where he mentioned working on the Carnegie Collection for Safari..would love more info on that too..

I noticed that, too but didn't want to go too off-topic in this thread. It's a shame that some of that information might never come out. Given his involvement, I'm sure he had to have known about the 2016 apatosaurus, if that was indeed what they were planning.

I still want to know who sculpted the last Giganotosaurus and what a lot of deals and arrangements Safari had with Carnegie..we speculated a lot way back when.

Eatmycar

Quote from: RolandEden on February 20, 2023, 02:22:38 AM

So is it a redeco or just like, V2 of the 93 deco?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eatmycar on February 20, 2023, 07:33:37 AM
Quote from: RolandEden on February 20, 2023, 02:22:38 AM

So is it a redeco or just like, V2 of the 93 deco?

Maybe it will be grey like the exclusive SDCC version, but they will a human and an "exploding phone booth" lol

CityRaptor

You know, we still need figures of the two Eaties.  And technically the TLW female, but I guess one could repurpose one of the Rexys for her.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Wait, Chrislikesdinos worked in carnegie?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on February 20, 2023, 03:42:17 PMYou know, we still need figures of the two Eaties.  And technically the TLW female, but I guess one could repurpose one of the Rexys for her.

I feel like they are done with CC unless they do a Scorpius Rex for the Hammond Collection? It's a shame that series wasn't used more.  I think we also could use another series..maybe time to bring back Chaos Effect?

Nyrorosaurus

Quote from: Carnoking on February 19, 2023, 01:53:41 PMIsn't there one more '93 release coming in March?
Chris Pugh stated in the Victoria's Cantina video that he's unaware of Mattel doing any more '93 releases. There is a release for March on Target's Beyond the Gate page, but it isn't specified to be a '93 release.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Nyrorosaurus on February 21, 2023, 12:16:05 PM
Chris Pugh stated in the Victoria's Cantina video that he's unaware of Mattel doing any more '93 releases. There is a release for March on Target's Beyond the Gate page, but it isn't specified to be a '93 release.

The colors make you think so but yeah you would think they would say something if there was one more.

DinoFan2010

These are very nice!
T.rex Is awesome, I may pick it up, but I may just stick with the Stomp n Escape.
Jungle Explorer is nice, definitely interested in it.
I love the Dilophosaur set, but has anyone notice that the Dilophosaurus is the Old FK sculpt but with closed frills? :-\
The Gallimimus set is my favorite of them all, I may pick up two just to repaint the other Raptor into a better sized Beta (and have more Gallis for my flock).
All very Impressive, makes up for a lot of their crummier figures from this year
cough* Epic Attack Dilo * cough

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on February 22, 2023, 03:11:55 PMThese are very nice!
T.rex Is awesome, I may pick it up, but I may just stick with the Stomp n Escape.
Jungle Explorer is nice, definitely interested in it.
I love the Dilophosaur set, but has anyone notice that the Dilophosaurus is the Old FK sculpt but with closed frills? :-\
The Gallimimus set is my favorite of them all, I may pick up two just to repaint the other Raptor into a better sized Beta (and have more Gallis for my flock).
All very Impressive, makes up for a lot of their crummier figures from this year
cough* Epic Attack Dilo * cough

I mean if they closed the frills it still required a resculpt head/neck area anyway. 

It wouldn't surprise me if those Epic Attacks turn out to be another budget line like Sound Surge which I've never saw one of in stores.

Faelrin

In hand pics of the Epic Attack Explorer set are getting out there.

That raptor does look quite a bit bigger I think? I guess not surprising considering the electronic feature, but first time it's part of the mainline, but yet out of scale with the previous releases. Such an odd decision overall. Bare minimum paint apps aside, I think coloration wise the raptor looks a little better then the one in the newest Legacy set, though I think last year's Kitchen one is probably the best JP raptor we've gotten from Mattel so far (HC loses points for the inaccurate sculpt).

Edit: Just saw on the Mattel Canada website, which had links to these (except the set above). Here's the dimensions given for each:

4 inches tall and 7.7 inches long for the JPIII raptor, 4 inches tall and 7.5 inches long for both the baby T. rex and Pachycephalosaurus set, and 5 inches tall and 7.5 inches long for the Dilophosaurus.

I did a quick in hand measurement of Battle Damage Blue, which was about 8 inches long, and like 3.5 inches or so tall. So this new sculpt will be a little taller, and a little shorter (no doubt because of the tail being shorter).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eatmycar

I'm concerned this is showing up in France... and with Walmart's track record of carrying off-year Battle Damage/Dino Damage/Whatever Wound SKUs... I worry this will get no US appearance.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: