News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Why are people continuing the colouration debate when a moderator has asked for it to stop?  I could say more about it but I'm not going to because avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon has agreed the topic should stop.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Sim on February 22, 2023, 09:15:42 PMWhy are people continuing the colouration debate when a moderator has asked for it to stop?  I could say more about it but I'm not going to because avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon has agreed the topic should stop.
Because I think it's kind of gross when someone repeatedly shows up to discussions like this and ignores that others already addressed their claims, instead repeating themselves louder and louder and not saying anything different or acknowledging counter points. Especially when there are statements being flung around with authority that are simply incorrect, like the one that "dinosaur ecosystems are conservative" because "dinosaurs evolved slower".

GojiraGuy1954

Why is it this Giga which has such a heated colouring debate surrounding it? It has a very conservative and dull patterning and colours.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 22, 2023, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Sim on February 22, 2023, 09:15:42 PMWhy are people continuing the colouration debate when a moderator has asked for it to stop?  I could say more about it but I'm not going to because avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon has agreed the topic should stop.
Because I think it's kind of gross when someone repeatedly shows up to discussions like this and ignores that others already addressed their claims, instead repeating themselves louder and louder and not saying anything different or acknowledging counter points. Especially when there are statements being flung around with authority that are simply incorrect, like the one that "dinosaur ecosystems are conservative" because "dinosaurs evolved slower".
People arguing for flamboyant colourations have done the exact same thing.  Your opinion does not have more authority than a moderator's request, in this matter.  My opinion is I have more to say in favour of less flamboyant colourations but I'm not going to here since as should be clear by now, a moderator agreed this debate should not continue in  this thread.

I will say though, on topic, I don't really understand the criticism of the PNSO Giganotosaurus's colouration.  The striping is more complex and the colouration more interesting than what some people have been saying in this thread.  I'm not sure what people were expecting for it but what we got was unique.

Eatmycar

I've been feeling sick but here are my thoughts:

Ridiculous, bold, dramatic complaints over the Mattel, Papo and Schleich lines seem absolutely fine, but some how constructive criticism of PNSO is a no go?

It feels very strange that people who find themselves bored of brown and yellow are told "it's your opinion".

But railing against other figures seems fine for the smallest of issues.

Eatmycar

It also isn't like there's a new release out we're ignoring.

JakobVicent

It's really wild to see ADULTS arguing about paint application on a figure lol.

Ikessauro

Quote from: JakobVicent on February 23, 2023, 04:41:45 AMIt's really wild to see ADULTS arguing about paint application on a figure lol.

If there is one place on Planet Earth where we should be free to express our opinions on dinosaur toys as adults is Dinosaur Toy Forum. We gather here exactly for that reason, TO DISCUSS.

And I think that as long as we are being fair, polite and respecting of forum rules, we should not have to read comments from people who simply are against the conversation as a whole.

When you enphasize the word ADULTS you make me think you are judging people for enjoying their hobby and discussing things about it. I already had many people critize my hobby in real life, I wouldn't like to have people like that here. I think if one is not interested in any type of discussion, and only wants 100% positive compliments on the toys and pretty pictures, best to not join a forum and stick to Instagram posts or some similar social media where only images are posted and discussions don't actually happen.

Cretaceous Crab

I don't mind the debate itself, only that I feel it should take place elsewhere in the forum. This has went from a discussion about figures by a specific company, to a debate on dinosaur coloration in general. Great topic to hash out; obviously, a passionate enough subject to warrant its own thread, perhaps?

IMHO, it appears to be a great figure, and I'm already debating getting it to replace my Eofauna figure. My advice to anyone is:

1. If you like it, buy it.
2. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
3. If you buy it and then don't like it, return it, sell it or give it away.

4. If you like the figure enough to buy it, but you're not wild about the paint job, I'll be more than happy to repaint for a reasonable fee.  ;)

Medzo

So can we conclude that this is what Chronic PNSO-Release Mass Deprivation looks like?

Lynx

Quote from: JakobVicent on February 23, 2023, 04:41:45 AMIt's really wild to see ADULTS arguing about paint application on a figure lol.

Almost as if this is a forum to discuss those things... crazy, am I right?
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

First post in 9 years and you drop this banger. ::)

suspsy

Welcome to fandom. Never been in one, I take it?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Medzo

Aaaaaanyway....I hope we get an updated Wilson and Essen soon. They are nice figures but I think kind of obsolete with newer design lines and scales.
Of their preferred color I don't dare to declare.

Cretaceous Crab

Quote from: Medzo on February 23, 2023, 02:32:33 PMAaaaaanyway....I hope we get an updated Wilson and Essen soon. They are nice figures but I think kind of obsolete with newer design lines and scales.
Of their preferred color I don't dare to declare.

I think the Essien from 2 years ago is pretty up to date with the flattened tail. Are there new developments that should be reflected?

Ludodactylus

I think the latest developments adjust limb proportions and sail shape.

2024 will be the year where every manufacturer just does Spinosaurus, no other species. Just trying to keep on top of the latest changes in our understanding.
"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Fembrogon

Honestly I'd rather have another shark next, or something along those lines. Cretoxyrhina and Helicoprion need more company, and there are criminally few prehistoric shark toys that aren't C/O. Megalodon.
How about a Stethacanthus or a Hybodus? I'd settle for a smaller-sized figure too.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 23, 2023, 05:10:23 AM
When you enphasize the word ADULTS you make me think you are judging people for enjoying their hobby and discussing things about it. I already had many people critize my hobby in real life, I wouldn't like to have people like that here.

I couldn't agree more, this is a safe place, I can't talk about these things at work or pretty much anywhere else without people passing judgement and having a lack of understanding.  I'm fortunate to have a wife that likes to collect toy dolls and therefore encourages me to enjoy my hobby as well but even she doesn't want to talk about dinosaur toys, at least not in any kind of depth.

Anyone that ridicules people for discussing their passion for these figures is basically questioning the need for a site such as this.  I don't understand...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 23, 2023, 04:08:56 PMHonestly I'd rather have another shark next, or something along those lines. Cretoxyrhina and Helicoprion need more company, and there are criminally few prehistoric shark toys that aren't C/O. Megalodon.
How about a Stethacanthus or a Hybodus? I'd settle for a smaller-sized figure too.

We'll see, but they do tend to release these theropods in bunches, I won't be surprised if they follow the Lucas 2.0 with another large theropod.

Lynx

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on February 23, 2023, 05:01:46 PM
Quote from: Fembrogon on February 23, 2023, 04:08:56 PMHonestly I'd rather have another shark next, or something along those lines. Cretoxyrhina and Helicoprion need more company, and there are criminally few prehistoric shark toys that aren't C/O. Megalodon.

We'll see, but they do tend to release these theropods in bunches, I won't be surprised if they follow the Lucas 2.0 with another large theropod.

PLEASE no more large theropods, it's been forever since we've gotten a small or medium one. I don't even know what PNSO could do that would be different from the other models, if not a repeat.
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: