News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasmosaurus

Maybe jurassic zoo store, my ondine toy store and model toy center on aliexpress will sell it.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Thialfi

Quote from: Chasmosaurus on March 05, 2023, 01:50:58 PMMaybe jurassic zoo store, my ondine toy store and model toy center on aliexpress will sell it.
I certainly hope so. I would love to obtain this model, living in Europe. Thanks for the suggestions.

ceratopsian

I shall keep on checking AliExpress.  I'm not usually this impatient for a model!

Quote from: Thialfi on March 05, 2023, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: Chasmosaurus on March 05, 2023, 01:50:58 PMMaybe jurassic zoo store, my ondine toy store and model toy center on aliexpress will sell it.
I certainly hope so. I would love to obtain this model, living in Europe. Thanks for the suggestions.

ceratopsian

I see that Paleofiguras on Facebook says they'll be available soon on AliExpress.

Thialfi

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 05, 2023, 02:43:07 PMI see that Paleofiguras on Facebook says they'll be available soon on AliExpress.
Ha, I just noticed as well and came here to say this! Fingers crossed!

Sim

It's good to know it will be available for those in Europe soon.  It occurred to me the two Haolonggood Nasutoceratops could work as a male and female pair, or one of them could work as a male and female pair with the Safari Nasutoceratops.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on March 05, 2023, 04:36:36 PMIt's good to know it will be available for those in Europe soon.  It occurred to me the two Haolonggood Nasutoceratops could work as a male and female pair, or one of them could work as a male and female pair with the Safari Nasutoceratops.
I'd been surprised that Safari had ceased production of their excellent and affordable Doug Watson Nasutoceratops (rumored to be due to mediocre sales), so the sudden appearance of this pair is most welcome, however the collector employs them. They should display well with the Safari. Hopefully the actual mass production paintwork is reasonably close to the revealed images.

ceratopsian

They are up now on AliExpress at Jurassic Zoo Store and Model Toy Center.  I ordered both versions - like Sim, I'd been thinking they could be male/female.  But really that's just a bit of an excuse/justification in my case: the truth is that I simply like both and they aren't large models.  They'll make a nice pair.  Now the wait for them to actually get here!

shahinos

Material says resin on the Jurassic Zoo Store site. Is this correct?

Edit: it actually says both, which is confusing.

ceratopsian

I'm sure it's PVC.  The Amazon product is PVC.  It's not a resin price.

Quote from: shahinos on March 06, 2023, 09:06:32 AMMaterial says resin on the Jurassic Zoo Store site. Is this correct?

postsaurischian

Quote from: shahinos on March 06, 2023, 09:06:32 AMMaterial says resin on the Jurassic Zoo Store site. Is this correct?

I'd say it's PVC. At least it looks like it and 25 bucks would be pretty cheap for resin.

I ordered me one as well. I hope the brown version will have that blueish touch, like in this pic .....

ceratopsian

I had noticed that splash of blue in the coffee body too, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian.  Here's hoping!

vampiredesign

PVC is 1:35, and some products will introduce a limited amount of 1:20 resin.
Don't worry about colors and photos. Thank you very much for your support. Soon we will bring another wish. Yes, I have to prepare for new surprises. I may not be able to reply to the news in time.

ceratopsian

I especially like the photos where the Nasutoceratops is photographed in the forest.  Love the lush, green look and the rocks in the foreground. Good use of backdrop too. Very nicely done.

Jose S.M.

Those Nasutoceratops are beautiful! Great rendition of one of my favorites.

Thialfi

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 06, 2023, 10:56:09 AMI especially like the photos where the Nasutoceratops is photographed in the forest.  Love the lush, green look and the rocks in the foreground. Good use of backdrop too. Very nicely done.
Agreed, beautiful photos. And thank you for the heads up, I ordered meself a Coffee Nasuto for breakfast!

And thanks goes out to V @vampiredesign as well for the hard and beautiful work!

Flaffy

Very tempting. Though I'm inclined to wait for comparisons with other Nasutoceratops on the market before deciding.

Fembrogon

Both versions of this model look absolutely gorgeous; I'm partial to the blue variant, but the patterns on the brown variant look excellent.
THAT is a great example of what I think many of us are looking for in color schemes: contrast and intricacy, not merely vibrancy.

I am very tempted to get both versions, and I'm excited for what's in store next now!

Quiversaurus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 18, 2023, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on January 18, 2023, 12:44:27 AMSo these are my guesses as to what those will be:

Velociraptor
Dilophosaurus
Iguanodon
Xinjiangtitan or Mamenchisaurus
Europasaurus or Magyarosaurus
Tuojiangosaurus
Rhamphorhynchus
Stegosaurus
Allosaurus
Pteranodon

Out of those, only the Allosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Iguanodon and Rhamphorhynchus (if it's indeed one) have my attention, if they're at least to the standard of the Carcharodontosaurus, that is.
I think most of your suggestions are good but I would substitute a few of them

Thanks for labelling the suspected species! I took a gander at brightening the image:

I really hope the smaller stegosaurian is a Kentrosaurus, I've been waiting for a good model company to make a definitive model of one of my fav species...

Really hope that's an Allosaurus as well (another of my favs), cause after DinosDragons pointed out the skull inconsistencies and the missing thumb claw on the PNSO Allosaurus, I've been hoping for another more accurate model. Fingers crossed V @vampiredesign !

Sim

avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus, I think that image with the silhouettes isn't showing what Haolonggood will produce.  Note how the Nasutoceratops isn't in the image, and that vampiredesign said the models will be cooler than the silhouettes and not to look at the silhouettes.

I have the PNSO Allosaurus and I think there's nothing wrong with it.  With both it and the Safari 2019 Allosaurus people have been saying the large thumb claw is missing, but in my copies of both figures the thumb claw is bigger than the other finger claws...  And Dinosdragons shared a somewhat confusing summary of the PNSO Allosaurus head shape, but they didn't express inconsistencies in the skull shape.  Just that it could be either fragilis or jimmadseni.  But I think that it could be either species is incorrect and yes, consequently the person Dinosdragons consulted was incorrect too.  The skulls of the two Allosaurus species are distinct and the PNSO Allosaurus is clearly based on jimmadseni, something which was confirmed in a PNSO video where it was said the PNSO figure is based on the Big Al specimen.  Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Haolonggood would make an Allosaurus as it's a very popular species.  However I would prefer they didn't or at least that they didn't soon, as I'm happy with my two Allosaurus figures and I'm eager for Haolonggood to make something I don't have!

And on that note, I too would like a Kentrosaurus!  I'm pretty sure the smaller stegosaurian silhouette isn't a Kentrosaurus as Kentrosaurus had large spikes all the way along its tail.  But again, I don't think the silhouettes indicate what is coming.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: