News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

TNG Prehistoric Figures (Unending Tedium)

Started by Loon, January 28, 2023, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2023, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2023, 12:35:34 PMFor people who ordered off Aliexpress:

Has anyone gotten notifications from your shop of choice that the TNG products have been delayed due to production issues?
For reference the products I ordered are the Stegodon and Mammoth.
No, fortunately -I ordered fairly early, after the discussions on this thread had reached their conclusion and I'd made up my mind to get the five mammals.

Fingers crossed there will be no more delays then. Really wanted that Stegodon, and would be a shame if they stopped production.

ceratopsian

I ordered the Stegodon but it was marked as a pre-order.  I've heard no more progress reports.

Flaffy

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 06, 2023, 02:01:49 PMI ordered the Stegodon but it was marked as a pre-order.  I've heard no more progress reports.

From POP Shack Store:

"The manufacturer has a problem with the production tools. TNG Huanghe Flumen Stegodon is not yet manufactured. The latest news is that the production will be finished by the end of this month. But your order will be closed in 18 days. Would you please extend the delivery time of this order to 30 days? Sorry for the inconvenience."

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy. The shop had asked to extend the order time when I placed the order. Fingers crossed!

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2023, 02:09:08 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 06, 2023, 02:01:49 PMI ordered the Stegodon but it was marked as a pre-order.  I've heard no more progress reports.

From POP Shack Store:

"The manufacturer has a problem with the production tools. TNG Huanghe Flumen Stegodon is not yet manufactured. The latest news is that the production will be finished by the end of this month. But your order will be closed in 18 days. Would you please extend the delivery time of this order to 30 days? Sorry for the inconvenience."
It's a terrific figure, well worth the wait, IMO.

Flaffy

Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2023, 02:52:03 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2023, 02:09:08 PM

From POP Shack Store:

It's a terrific figure, well worth the wait, IMO.

From everything I've seen, indeed, it looks amazing.

I'm just hoping the issues aren't related to the mould deteriorating. As that would permanently affect future batches of the figure.

Fenestra

When I ordered the Stegodon on Aliexpress it wasn't noted it was a pre-order. Only after a few weeks when I looked up my order to see if it had shipped yet, I saw that it would not be send until march. I'm not going to extend the delivery time and just wait for my money to be returned. Homey don't play that.
I will order it somewhere else or wait for Eofauna to make one in the future.

Jose S.M.

I was Thinking about posting this thought for a while since I don't want to revive previous discussions but... Maybe the title of this thread can be edited? Even without knowing the context it looks a little aggressive to me.

Duna

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 06, 2023, 03:39:06 PMI was Thinking about posting this thought for a while since I don't want to revive previous discussions but... Maybe the title of this thread can be edited? Even without knowing the context it looks a little aggressive to me.
Agree.

Sim

I pre-ordered the Cryolophosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus and Carnotaurus from Pop shack store and have not received any updates since.  I was asked to extend the order time after placing my order, which I did.

SidB

Quote from: Duna on March 06, 2023, 03:53:16 PM
Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 06, 2023, 03:39:06 PMI was Thinking about posting this thought for a while since I don't want to revive previous discussions but... Maybe the title of this thread can be edited? Even without knowing the context it looks a little aggressive to me.
Agree.
Doesn't it have to be edited by the originator of the thread itself?

Halichoeres

Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2023, 08:23:39 PM
Quote from: Duna on March 06, 2023, 03:53:16 PM
Agree.
Doesn't it have to be edited by the originator of the thread itself?
Or a moderator.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 15, 2023, 12:57:54 AM
Quote"(A Continued Exercise in Tedium)"

kinda passive agressive, don't you guys think? Are we now only allowed to talk about stuff some members like? Or, when the members agrees with their views, it's ok, when members disagree, becomes tedious.

Or is it that now threads have expiration date? You can't bore people by commenting on it, because people are of the opinion the subject has been over discussed.  ::)

Certainly the thread's content and magnitude has expanded and is expanding beyond the original scope, while still being roughly consistent with it's original intent. I don't think that it's at all tedious to the ongoing participants currently involved.

edu

Quote from: Flaffy on March 06, 2023, 12:35:34 PMFor people who ordered off Aliexpress:

Has anyone gotten notifications from your shop of choice that the TNG products have been delayed due to production issues?
For reference the products I ordered are the Stegodon and Mammoth.

I've received the message too.

Sim

I checked my Aliexpress account today and there was a message from the seller of the TNG products.  It said that the factory would not be producing the TNG Carnotaurus so I should cancel my order.  I proceeded to cancel my order, which I was fine with.  I also cancelled the order for the TNG Quetzalcoatlus as I no longer want it.  My order for the TNG Cryolophosaurus, which I still want, is unchanged.  I hope to receive that one.

Chasmosaurus

I received my elasmotherium today. I've order it at the beginning of the month.
I think they produced to mutch figure at once.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

ceratopsian

ceratopsian

Hmm. I wonder if that was a glitch/mistake. Had a new update this morning that seems to cancel the previous update and now it's just no information available about delivery date.

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 23, 2023, 07:19:56 AMMy Stegodon is now marked as shipped

bmathison1972

My Elasmotherium arrived yesterday and the Stegodon (ordered in January) shipped early this morning

ceratopsian

Well that gives me some comfort!

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 24, 2023, 10:42:32 AMMy Elasmotherium arrived yesterday and the Stegodon (ordered in January) shipped early this morning

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: