News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 04, 2023, 04:41:29 AMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I'm baffled as to why my green one keeps tilting/falling to the left. I bent the peg repeatedly which corrected the tilt problem and I would check on it over a week or so and it would be fine, then a week later it's tilted again. I heated the toes in hopes that might help correct the problem, but I haven't had time to see if it works.

The peg once fell behind a case of around 80-90 tightly-placed models, so I had to remove all the models to get the peg and broke small parts off of 4-5 of them---and 2-3 parts are still missing. So I'm really ticked off at my Leaning Tower of Parasaurolophus.

It's possible you might have one with a defective peg or peg hole? I.E. the peg is too short or the hole might be too wide? It's difficult to tell without seeing it in hand to analyze the problem. At this point  I would consider gluing the model to the base/peg. and maybe if that doesn't work add a small wood base of your own and glue it to that as well.   I recall a plastic rod was included to help prevent leaning. Have you tried it?

I can see where that would be pretty frustrating. All you can do is be as careful as possible and probably move this piece to another shelf or table.

Sturisoma

A friend pointed out that Pharaoh is based off the Sideshow Dinosauria spinosaurus.

I wonder what base they will make for Pharaoh.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I thought that looked familiar. I have the greenish SS Spino not the newer version.

Maybe the base will be a copy of this one too?  ;D

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just received the email from Lana to pay for the Dragon Soul Giga and Shadow Monarch. If you were put on the reserve with them check your emails.

Note, I'm still selling my old Shadow Monarch if anyone is interested in a great piece at a fair price. I need the space! lol ( sold)

Sovereign59

My giganotosaurus arrived today, just finally had a chance to open it up tonight. I'm very impressed with it. It looks even better in person that it does in the photos I've seen, and I already thought that it had looked great in them.

Never heard anything from Lana about being able to order the dragon soul figures. I messaged them on Instagram last week and they didn't respond, I assume I just missed out again. Going to have to keep a look out online now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on March 11, 2023, 03:27:08 AMMy giganotosaurus arrived today, just finally had a chance to open it up tonight. I'm very impressed with it. It looks even better in person that it does in the photos I've seen, and I already thought that it had looked great in them.

Never heard anything from Lana about being able to order the dragon soul figures. I messaged them on Instagram last week and they didn't respond, I assume I just missed out again. Going to have to keep a look out online now.

Still waiting on all of mine. I have no idea how they determine who has qualified for contact, it's possible if I ignore the mosasaur pieces I might be out lol Though I also skipped Mordred so...

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my regular version today, I'm quite happy with the size and quality.

Carnoking

That standard release looks more and more tempting with each photo/video I see but darn it, I told myself I'd only go for the Dragon Soul version of this ugly beast and (barring any major breakage) the DS version is the only one that'll be gracing my Jurassic shelf.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 15, 2023, 10:30:25 AMThat standard release looks more and more tempting with each photo/video I see but darn it, I told myself I'd only go for the Dragon Soul version of this ugly beast and (barring any major breakage) the DS version is the only one that'll be gracing my Jurassic shelf.

I think it's a great piece it's just as big if not longer than the first Giga they produced. That one is just taller? Head maybe larger?  I think were choosing only one I would get this guy. Unless you just prefer the closed mouth/base/pose/size of the DS.

As far as the Dragon Soul goes I'm still waiting on it, it should be larger and the pose is interesting though if this one had been that size in a roaring pose it would have been perfect. I do like both don't get me wrong.

This one is missing all the battle damage the film version had. I can't recall but is the DS version going to have it? I need to go back and look.  I also have the smaller P1 Giga ordered and the HUGE Spiral one. Both of those have the wounds and damage on them.

EDIT : found this pic on FB

Sturisoma

The DS Giga has the awesome scars. From the photo above you can see a chipped off scale on the tail (part of the battle damaged design). Sadly the pvc version won't have scars.

That additional stand on the DS Vrex gives me stability issues. Not a good combination with resin, as the case with Ranger 2.0.

Nanmu just released an update on Alpha 2.0. There will be a static pose which will be built and painted DIY. The pvc version's pose is now reversed to reflect the rotunda scene, and the base looks like a circular cut out of a museum floor with fossils which is very nice! DS version's damaged fence will also be DIY in assembling. I hope at least the fence parts will be pvc and not resin.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on March 16, 2023, 01:06:07 PMThe DS Giga has the awesome scars. From the photo above you can see a chipped off scale on the tail (part of the battle damaged design). Sadly the pvc version won't have scars.

That additional stand on the DS Vrex gives me stability issues. Not a good combination with resin, as the case with Ranger 2.0.

Nanmu just released an update on Alpha 2.0. There will be a static pose which will be built and painted DIY. The pvc version's pose is now reversed to reflect the rotunda scene, and the base looks like a circular cut out of a museum floor with fossils which is very nice! DS version's damaged fence will also be DIY in assembling. I hope at least the fence parts will be pvc and not resin.

I guess the regular edition Giga is just pre-battles which is fine. We do have them on the DS after all. 

I don't know if that stand is needed or if it's just paranoia by a fan. I'll see when I get mine and share what  Ifind out.

The new Rex does seem pretty nice, the DIY ..eh I'll pass it might appeal to some but not myself what with a complete option available. I to hope that fence is a bit more flexible PVC vs a fragile resin.

DinoFan2010

Certainly don't have the money or space to get one of these ;D , but I love the colors of the Albino Spino! Might do a drawing of one in the snow.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Sturisoma

Expect pre-orders for the pvc versions soon! Nice to see the Indominus rex skull on the base. Seems like the DS mosa is not yet up for pre-orders.

dragon53

I'm leaning towards getting the blue Mosasaurus because of the movie connection.

I wonder if Nanmu might release a Nasutoceratops.

Carnoking

Gosh darn it, and I just paid for the Giganotosaurus and V-rex 😅

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 18, 2023, 04:01:32 AMGosh darn it, and I just paid for the Giganotosaurus and V-rex 😅

I know right?

Sigh..I really don't know if I need this. I would be tempted to get the alternate color scheme for a nice general mosasaur figure but..movie accuracy? But I already have the WDragon..I just don't know.  I'm getting so full of JW mosasaurs now like I did with Spinosaurus...thank goodness I definitely don't need the DS version. Already have the Sideshow piece.

dragon53

Many years ago, I almost bought a Sideshow Mosasaurus on ebay at a decent cost, but I'm glad I didn't because it would probably be broken or chipped by now due to it being resin.

So I don't have a Mosasaurus at all and Nanmu's new blue version and base is a big improvement over Nanmu's original pale blue version.

Back to my original question---I wonder if Nanmu will release a Nasutoceratops?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 18, 2023, 05:52:27 AMMany years ago, I almost bought a Sideshow Mosasaurus on ebay at a decent cost, but I'm glad I didn't because it would probably be broken or chipped by now due to it being resin.

So I don't have a Mosasaurus at all and Nanmu's new blue version and base is a big improvement over Nanmu's original pale blue version.

Back to my original question---I wonder if Nanmu will release a Nasutoceratops?

I can sort of agree there, but how does this one stack up against this one?

It looks like the tail at least in WD version has a better width to it and isn't as narrow?

Nasutoceratops? If they are going to do another ceratopsian and it's not Triceratops..again. Then I would guess yes it's possible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: