News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Nanmu tail seems to be more accurate

blnadal

Quote from: Sturisoma on March 18, 2023, 03:00:42 AM

Expect pre-orders for the pvc versions soon! Nice to see the Indominus rex skull on the base. Seems like the DS mosa is not yet up for pre-orders.
Product Name: "Crazy Movies" Series - Mosasaurus 2.0 Full Body Portrait of Lord of Abyss/Lord of the Abyss
Serial Number: Lord of the Abyss 172312/ Leviathan 172329
Material: Cast Steel Solid PVC + High-quality Polystone Painting Finished Product
Size: Length About 65CM* Width about 18CM
Unit price: standard version 550 DX version: 750
Single box weight: about 2150 grams
Single box size: 69*22.8*22CM
Platform parameters:
Single box weight: about 2040 grams
Single box size: 26.8*18.5*16CM   
Scheduled time Deadline for order from March 18th to April 17th.
Estimated shipping time: late second quarter of 2023
172312 Standard Edition (Abyss Lord): Scheduled Discount: 499 Discount Ends: 550
172329 Standard Edition (Leviathan): Scheduled Discount: 550 Discount Ends: 599
172312D X Edition (Abyss Lord ): Pre-order discount: 658 End of discount: 699
172329D Version X (Leviathan): Pre-order discount: 699 End of discount: 750
PS: The Dragon Soul series is not ready yet, and is no longer within the scope of this pre-sale.

Sturisoma

The W-Dragon one has a more marine-looking base to me. The Nanmu one gives me a muddy river bank feel due to it being dark brown. Anyway, the star of the show is the mosasaurus and not the base  :))

Over9K

I'd like to see Nanmu do the Ferrucutus ceratopsian from the 2005 King Kong, to go with the V-Rex.

Carnoking

I would argue the only reason to buy this figure is if you don't already have the W-Dragon offering seeing as they're pretty uh... similar

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 18, 2023, 01:10:34 PMI would argue the only reason to buy this figure is if you don't already have the W-Dragon offering seeing as they're pretty uh... similar

Yeah..when I posted these pics that head on both from the same angle looks almost photo shopped it's so close. There are slight changes but I think they just used the WD to base theirs on?  Not the first time mind you.

avatar_Over9K @Over9K  They really could a lot more movie dinosaurs and I wouldn't complain if that was their nitch at all.  I'm still hoping they make Smaug one day..they can do draconic after all pretty well.

avatar_blnadal @blnadal I can't find a good film image showing the tail, WD was given assets to work from as an official licensor so I sort of tend to believe it over the cg imagery created for the films.  Going by those we could have received this...

I'm guessing the prices there aren't in USD? or i hope not..

dragon53

BLADE-OF-MOON:

I assumed those amounts were for dealer prices.

"172312D X Edition (Abyss Lord ): Pre-order discount: 658 End of discount: 699"

699 Chinese yuan equals about $102.

Also, the new wood grain bases look pretty good.

Flaffy

The Mosasaurus was always my favourite creature from Jurassic World, so this Nanmu offering is highly tempting... Especially with Mattel's very proportionate and accurate sculpt ::) , and W-Dragon's entirely reasonable prices ::) .

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 18, 2023, 04:12:42 PMBLADE-OF-MOON:

I assumed those amounts were for dealer prices.

"172312D X Edition (Abyss Lord ): Pre-order discount: 658 End of discount: 699"

699 Chinese yuan equals about $102.

Also, the new wood grain bases look pretty good.

Ok that's where I was confused, I didn't know if it was Yuan, USD,Euros or what lol

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I don't know what currency the original post is using, but since Nanmu is a Chinese company, I assume that's the currency they are using.
699 euros is about $753.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on March 19, 2023, 02:06:31 PM

My only complaint is the eye should have been a different color on the green one, it just disappears in the coloration.

dragon53

Bigbadtoystore has the new Mosasaurus for preorder.

Blue--$129.99
Blue with base--$159.99
Striped--$139.99
Striped with base--$164.99

Carnoking

Lana Time also has them up for pre-order, and for once they're cheaper there!

99.99 for basic Lord
104.99 for basic Leviathan
139.99 for DX Lord
144.99 for DX Leviathan

Plus, you'll get it a lot sooner!

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Lana Time has the original blue Mosasaurus for $95.99 and the new version for $99.99---pretty good considering inflation.
However, $40 for the base....I'll have to think about it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

BBTS has to import and make a profit so  I get the markup.

Still no idea what I'm going to get if any of these.

need4swede

Quote from: Carnoking on March 20, 2023, 01:58:31 PMLana Time also has them up for pre-order, and for once they're cheaper there!

99.99 for basic Lord
139.99 for DX Lord
144.99 for DX Leviathan

Shipping can be a bit pricey, though. I'm in the US.
A BBTS order ends up being ~$184 (including shipping + tax)

Lana addresses this on their product page:

Spoiler
Quote"Due to the size and weight of this figure exceeding the limit, we have checked the quotes for air, sea, and rail transport, but we haven't been able to find an ideal shipping cost. Therefore, the shipping cost is somewhat high, hope you could understand. If we can find a lower shipping cost before shipment, we will refund the difference to you.

In addition, due to the size and weight limit of the figure, many countries and regions can't order it directly from the website. If you encounter this situation, please contact us directly, and we will provide you with a quote from commercial express delivery for you to choose. Moreover, some remote areas can't be reached by Standard Shipping. If we find this situation after you place an order, we will communicate with you promptly and provide multiple solutions for you to choose from."
[close]

I do prefer Lana's customer service and I've been buying from them for years - but an additional $60 on top of what is already a very expensive figure is a tough sell. Hopefully the quote finds a lower ceiling in time. I'd be perfectly happy with paying a little more to order figures from them - but not when shipping is 40% the cost of the figure itself.
- Swede

blnadal

dragon53

NEED4SWEDE:

For me, the blue version with base is:

Bigbadtoystore---$177.19 total
Lana Time---$229.99 total.

So Bigbadtoystore is $52.71 cheaper than Lana Time.

Carnoking

Quote from: need4swede on March 20, 2023, 05:18:01 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on March 20, 2023, 01:58:31 PMLana Time also has them up for pre-order, and for once they're cheaper there!

99.99 for basic Lord
139.99 for DX Lord
144.99 for DX Leviathan

Shipping can be a bit pricey, though. I'm in the US.
A BBTS order ends up being ~$184 (including shipping + tax)

Lana addresses this on their product page:

Spoiler
Quote"Due to the size and weight of this figure exceeding the limit, we have checked the quotes for air, sea, and rail transport, but we haven't been able to find an ideal shipping cost. Therefore, the shipping cost is somewhat high, hope you could understand. If we can find a lower shipping cost before shipment, we will refund the difference to you.

In addition, due to the size and weight limit of the figure, many countries and regions can't order it directly from the website. If you encounter this situation, please contact us directly, and we will provide you with a quote from commercial express delivery for you to choose. Moreover, some remote areas can't be reached by Standard Shipping. If we find this situation after you place an order, we will communicate with you promptly and provide multiple solutions for you to choose from."
[close]

I do prefer Lana's customer service and I've been buying from them for years - but an additional $60 on top of what is already a very expensive figure is a tough sell. Hopefully the quote finds a lower ceiling in time. I'd be perfectly happy with paying a little more to order figures from them - but not when shipping is 40% the cost of the figure itself.

Excellent point on the shipping cost, I hadn't even considered that. I suppose it does make sense given the size though

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: