News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2023

Started by Sturisoma, November 12, 2022, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

need4swede

Yeah that's a big boy for sure, and I bet it's got some nice weight to it with that base.
Something of note, from Lana's product page:

Quote"This figure is not made from inferior resin using hollow vinyl injection, but instead uses full steel forging molds and injection molding technology with PVC material."

Is this Lana editorializing the product, or did this come from Nanmu? Hilarious if it's the latter, so I think it is Lana's [not so subtle] way of casting shade on some resin models - perhaps including certain Nanmu releases of the not so distant past, although I don't know if that's entirely applicable.
- Swede

blnadal

Carnoking

Apparently the head is removable...

Sturisoma

I think the severed rex head would look better if the lower jaw was more "relaxed" like REBOR's. It still looks alive to me. :))

I hope the pvc Alpha 2.0 will have raptor claw scars. Would be a bit silly if the Dragon Soul will have raptor claw scars if following the film series of events.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on March 20, 2023, 05:42:17 PMYeah that's a big boy for sure, and I bet it's got some nice weight to it with that base.
Something of note, from Lana's product page:

Quote"This figure is not made from inferior resin using hollow vinyl injection, but instead uses full steel forging molds and injection molding technology with PVC material."

Is this Lana editorializing the product, or did this come from Nanmu? Hilarious if it's the latter, so I think it is Lana's [not so subtle] way of casting shade on some resin models - perhaps including certain Nanmu releases of the not so distant past, although I don't know if that's entirely applicable.

I might be totally off base but I've thought that Nanmu and Lana are either one and the same or very closely related. Both appeared around the same time as the other.

I guessed it might have something to do with the previous version of the Mosa where people complained it was hollow and made of pvc pipe....mostly a few ignorant folks who didn't know what they were looking at.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fantastic models, I'm glad I sold the other V-Rex I have to have room for this one.

I will say I feel sorry for the Giga, she is covered with wounds. Like the survivor of a dog fight arena?  She held her own against Rexy and even forced her to submit. She only lost by a gang up/situational win. At her peak of health this is possibly the most powerful animal in the franchise, it would be a very difficult match pitting her against the Indominus and Spinosaurus.

Carnoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2023, 04:34:42 PM

Fantastic models, I'm glad I sold the other V-Rex I have to have room for this one.

I will say I feel sorry for the Giga, she is covered with wounds. Like the survivor of a dog fight arena?  She held her own against Rexy and even forced her to submit. She only lost by a gang up/situational win. At her peak of health this is possibly the most powerful animal in the franchise, it would be a very difficult match pitting her against the Indominus and Spinosaurus.

How were they packaged? Mine are still a few days out at least.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on March 24, 2023, 05:06:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 24, 2023, 04:34:42 PM

How were they packaged? Mine are still a few days out at least.

Normal air bubble packaging. The box with the figure is in foam inside the box, and the box is wrapped in plastic inside a cardboard box. Pretty well packed I'd say. 

Prehistory Resurrection

blnadal

Alpha 2.0 unactivated color
Dimensions: long 38CM, high 12.5CM, wide 5.5CM.
Suggested retail price: 199RMB.
Note: this product needs to be assembled and bonded by itself.
This product is a time-limited product, and the total quantity of documents uploaded from the date of putting on the shelves began to be produced by April 18. Only one batch is produced.
Estimated time of shipment: late second quarter 2023

Blade-of-the-Moon

I guess this is for all those that really wanted a neutral pose JP Rex. It's a neat way to do it. I have too many JP Rexes though and too many more preordered to get this though.

Cpt Red 3eard

Does anyone have a recommendation for some good JP vehicles that scale with Nanmu's models? I'm eyeing the Jada 1:32 scale explorer and jeep, but I haven't found a good comparison to see if they work well together.

Bread

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on April 05, 2023, 04:46:00 PMDoes anyone have a recommendation for some good JP vehicles that scale with Nanmu's models? I'm eyeing the Jada 1:32 scale explorer and jeep, but I haven't found a good comparison to see if they work well together.
I'd say Jada 1:32 scale explorer and jeep work best. However, it's really so the issue that Nanmu are slightly too big. Even with that in-mind, Jada is the best option.

Over9K

Quote from: Cpt Red 3eard on April 05, 2023, 04:46:00 PMDoes anyone have a recommendation for some good JP vehicles that scale with Nanmu's models? I'm eyeing the Jada 1:32 scale explorer and jeep, but I haven't found a good comparison to see if they work well together.

I don't have the Explorer, but here is the JP Jeep with Nanmu's two Tyrannosaurs.

As you can see, the Nanmu figures are a bit oversized.

I also have a couple of the Jada Fast/Furious cars, which I *think* are a slightly smaller scale than the 1/32 Jeep. They seem to work really well with PNSO's dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Carnoking

Well, my Dragon Soul Giga and V. rex have arrived.

"Biggest carnivore the world's ever seen."

The Giga is an exceptional model of a rather mediocre design.

And yet, perhaps there's more to it in that no animal from the film better encapsulates the misguided franchise that reinvigorated my love for dinosaurs. For that reason, it deserves a spot on my movie shelf.

Spoiler

I will admit, I'm not as impressed with the trauma work on this figure, especially when compared to last year's parasaurolophus corpse. Still, nice to see these details captured on the figure.

[close]

Spoiler

The big bads, all together at last.

"You put two apex predators in one valley, pretty soon there's only gonna be one."

"This isn't about us."

All told, I might be more impressed with the DS Spinosaurus, but this Giga is still a beautiful piece.

Remember when we all thought Nanmu knew something we didn't? Yeah, I miss that.

[close]

Not to be outdone, the Dragon Soul Shadow Monarch is an absolute beast of a figure.

Spoiler

That said, I'm still not really seeing the V. rex skull shape in there. Not really boxy enough to my eye, but then again the filmmakers went out of their way to make each of the three animals in the film distinct in some way, so perhaps this could be chalked up to more individual variation.

Surprisingly, I think the old one actually got it closer to what we see on screen, even if it wasn't perfect itself.

Even the base feels a bit simplified on this DS version.

[close]

Unlike Jurassic Park, I was actually old enough* to see Peter Jackson's King Kong in theaters, and that was a spectacle I'll never forget.

*Maybe not old enough, but my dad took me anyway!

blnadal

blnadal

本心楠改工作室 Nanmu studio
4h
  ·
Summary of recent work:
1. The fanatical version of the Abyss Lord is about to be ready and will soon be sent to the warehouses of major dealers. (but the Dragon Soul series is still not ready, we just designed its packaging.).
2. The Pharaoh's pedestal has been completed, and according to the progress of the factory, he may be able to see it in June.
3. We may announce a new series next week and look forward to it.
The new product line is different from Dragon Soul and fanaticism in that it has its own LOGO. It is based on the current environment, we continue to explore the market and the understanding of the market and demand derived.

Carnoking

A new series eh? Something tells me it might have something to do with the unassembled kits, they were really rallying for folks to get on that rex and if that's the case it would seem they've succeeded.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: