News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO 2023 hopes and dreams

Started by Sim, January 01, 2023, 07:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I'd love to see some PNSO minis again. It would be nice to have more small-bodied creatures in a small scale.

Avian

Going off of the gorgeous bronze Thalassodromeus, I would very much like to see some larger scale pterosaurs in their museum line. Interesting how they have touched on things like Atopodentatus before producing a pterosaur that wasnt a mini.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

GojiraGuy1954

Quetzalcoatlus northropi
Hatzegopteryx thambema
Barbaridactylus grandis
Pteranodon longiceps and / or sternbergii
Maip macrothorax
Gigantoraptor erlianensis
Globidens
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

"PNSO pls gib TyrannoTitan"

I am just kidding, but I would love to see more 1:40 scale sauropods, not Diplodocus carnegi. Barosaurus, Apatosaurus, Brontosaurus, and maybe Sauroposeidon
Sauropods have now become my favorite dinosaurs, the first time a new subgroup had been a favorite since 10 years. Magnificent animals

Takama

MORE SAUROPODS PLEASE PNSO

And not just the Tiny ones like Shunosaurus Nigersaurus and Europasaurus (I saw that last one in one of your books)

I want the Classics Like Brontosaurus, Diplodocus, and Brachiosaurus

Oh  and im still waiting on those Dromeosaurs......

Sim

I was curious about PNSO's representation of groups in their "medium"-sized figures, so below is all their available figures grouped.

Allosauroidea - 8: Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Meraxes, Sinraptor, Yangchuanosaurus
Ceratosauria - 1: Carnotaurus
Megalosauroidea - 4: Sinopliosaurus, Spinosaurus, Suchomimus, Torvosaurus
Ornithomimosauria - 1: Deinocheirus
Therizinosauria - 1: Therizinosaurus
Tyrannosauroidea - 6: Nanotyrannus, Qianzhousaurus, Tarbosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Yutyrannus, Zhuchengtyrannus

Ankylosauria - 4: Ankylosaurus, Borealopelta, Pinacosaurus, Sauropelta
Ceratopsoidea - 8: Centrosaurus, Machairoceratops, Pachyrhinosaurus, Sinoceratops, Spinops, Styracosaurus, Torosaurus, Triceratops
Ornithopoda - 6: Corythosaurus, Iguanodon, Lambeosaurus, Olorotitan, Parasaurolophus, Tsintaosaurus
Pachycephalosauria - 1: Pachycephalosaurus
Stegosauria - 4: Chungkingosaurus, Miragaia, Stegosaurus, Tuojiangosaurus

Basal Sauropoda - 1: Mamenchisaurus
Diplodocoidea - 2: Amargasaurus, Lingwulong

Arthrodira - 1: Dunkleosteus
Basal Sauropterygia - 1: Atopodentatus
Eugeneodontida - 1: Helicoprion
Ichthyosauria - 2: Eurhinosaurus, Himalayasaurus
Lamniformes - 2: Cretoxyrhina, megalodon
Metriorhynchoidea - 1: Dakosaurus
Mosasauroidea - 2: Mosasaurus, Tylosaurus
Physeteroidea - 1: Livyatan
Pliosauroidea - 1: Kronosaurus

I'd really like PNSO to represent deinonychosaurs, pterosaurs, plesiosauroids and basal theropods.  It's also surprising how few sauropods they've made among their "medium"-sized figures.

Sim

I partly miss when PNSO was releasing a new figure every week, but partly am glad they aren't doing that as I worry I would run out of space for figures quite quickly if they kept it up!

I am eager to see PNSO's next figure though!

Sim

As I mentioned in another thread, I'd like PNSO to make smaller figures now as they would take up less space but also allow smaller species to get the attention they deserve.  I'm thinking of species that are around 8m long or less.  The smallest species, e.g. small dromaeosaurids, could be around the size of the PNSO Pachycephalosaurus and I think they would come out great!  The one exception is I'd still like PNSO to make a long-necked plesiosauroid.

Eatmycar

I imagine many people here do not want *another carnivore* from PNSO, but I really do think they could do a stellar, modern Dilophosaurus... just, once/if they decided to do lips for theropods. I can't think of any decent Dilophosaur options other than the Cyberzoic one but that's really far off and I know not everyone collects 1:18.

Eatmycar

Actually, I'll throw one other out there. Dimetrodon! PNSO has no problems about going into extinct mammals and aquatic lifeforms, why not Dimetrodon? It's also a great educational opportunity for them to highlight that it isn't a dinosaur!

JimoAi

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: JimoAi on April 04, 2023, 02:47:21 PMa larger Therizinosaurus
Its already large enough, and i doubt they would make one anyway.

SRF

According to the review of Dinosdragons on Youtube, the Therizinosaurus fits in greatly in the 1:33 - 1:35 scale range. I would say it has the perfect size.
But today, I'm just being father

Sim

I wish PNSO would accept that dromaeosaurids sell well and make a number of those.  Troodontids and unenlagiids would be welcome by me too.  I'd very much like to have, from PNSO, Sinornithosaurus, Zhenyuanlong, Saurornitholestes, Saurornithoides, Zanabazar, Buitreraptor and Austroraptor.  And my favourite dinosaur, Velociraptor mongoliensis, too.  If PNSO gives them lips it would be great!

Sim

I find it surprising PNSO hasn't made a long-necked plesiosauroid, not in their minis or their larger figures.  I hope they do make one, and right now my preferred choice would be Hydrotherosaurus, which is known from nearly complete remains and lacks an accurate figure.

SidB

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 26, 2023, 07:49:13 PM"PNSO pls gib TyrannoTitan"

I am just kidding, but I would love to see more 1:40 scale sauropods, not Diplodocus carnegi. Barosaurus, Apatosaurus, Brontosaurus, and maybe Sauroposeidon
Sauropods have now become my favorite dinosaurs, the first time a new subgroup had been a favorite since 10 years. Magnificent animals
If we are to get the Tyrannotitan, I hope that it won't be any time soon. If I was in charge of PNSO, I'd withhold its release for a good while, as it seems almost universally felt around here that we've received a glut of carcharodontids this year. Enough for now.

Remko

I'm hoping for PNSO to do a Ceratosaurus soon, and in 1/35th of course.
Such an iconic theropod.
And a proper Gigantoraptor to complete the "weird theropods" line up with Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus.

Halichoeres

I'd buy a Gigantoraptor. But I'd like some marine reptiles or other non-dinosaurs, which they haven't touched at all in almost two years.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

PNSO if your reading this give us a Citipati, or Anzu, something thats not a huge Dinosaur

Give us a
caudipteryx

Sim

I would like PNSO to make smaller figures now.  I don't have a lot of room left, so I'm reluctant to buy large figures from PNSO.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: