News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PREHISTORIC PLANET

Started by dragon53, May 08, 2019, 05:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: dragon53 on March 02, 2023, 06:18:36 PMApple TV+ is releasing its content on bluray, but only in the UK, so maybe PREHISTORIC PLANET might be available in bluray in the UK in the future---but unfortunately not in the US.

LINK: https://bgr.com/entertainment/apple-tv-plus-blu-ray-shows/

(My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere)
We finally get a win
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on March 03, 2023, 11:00:22 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 02, 2023, 07:00:20 AMBut the question is would I be able to make a new free trial or that wont be allowed?

Yeah, would like to know that as well.
would be cool if there was a shared account haha

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Concavenator on March 03, 2023, 11:00:22 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on March 02, 2023, 07:00:20 AMBut the question is would I be able to make a new free trial or that wont be allowed?

Yeah, would like to know that as well.

LOL!  Ah man, I wouldn't be able to do that, the replay value is just too high for me.  I love to watch them over and over again. 

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on March 03, 2023, 07:04:17 PMSo here's a question that I haven't seen anyway speculate on if we're getting a third season what's the possibility of it releasing next year. My guess would be it will depend on whether they go to a different time period but I'd like to think that the ten years it took of development they may have already planned out multiple seasons they just have to film at the locations and add the VFX at post about a year before release so basically another season next is possible but I personally think we got lucky and should expect another season until 2025 especially if the season 3 covers a different time period.
I think we are seeing the second part of the first season. Its how streaming services works, but you are right, probably we wont see a real season 2 or part 3 until 2025.

HD-man

Good to finally see the results! I tried to vote on all the awards, but 3 were too hard (I.e. I was too unfamiliar w/the non-dinos of the year; The Mating Display & Worst Part nominees were too evenly matched IMO). The non-PhP/JWD awards were probably my favorites to vote on for their diversity, though I do feel bad for the other Best Paleo Media nominees. They're all very good & I would've liked to have seen how they did had PhP not been a factor. CC s5 in particular deserved more love for being a satisfying conclusion (unlike JWD).
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Samrukia

Eatmycar

Ohhhhh yes.

I'm SO ready. The frog snapping at the Sauropod gave me a good chuckle to start the day with!

Lynx

For whatever reason I'm just not feelin it. Gotta wait for the trailer though before I decide if I skip it or not. It says four new worlds, but these seem like the exact same sets as last season. The dinosaurs and other critters look amazing, and the last scene gave me a smile, and I hope there are some hidden surprises beyond the teaser.
An oversized house cat.

MLMjp

Sauropods near a volcano
New dromeosaurs/troodontids
Baby Velociraptor!
T.rex vs Quetzalcoatlus!
And the Beelzebufo scaring off a Sauropod ;D

Duna

Ohmygod! A BABY VELOCIRAPTOR? You have won me!!  ^-^  ^-^ I would rewatch the series again only for that amazing Velociraptor ....

Carnoking

The real question is, will the Carnotaurus find love this time around?

GojiraGuy1954

Prehistoric Planet Hatzegopteryx Male

Prehistoric Planet 2 Hatzegopteryx Male

Prehistoric Planet 2 Hatzegopteryx Female

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 18, 2023, 07:06:17 PMPrehistoric Planet Hatzegopteryx Male

Prehistoric Planet 2 Hatzegopteryx Male

Prehistoric Planet 2 Hatzegopteryx Female

Hence I propose the male we saw in S1 was actually a sneaky male this whole time and Attenborough just didn't tell us

OwossoHarpist

From ComicBook.com

Quote"Per press release, "Apple TV+ today shared the first-look image and teaser for the second season of the award-winning natural history series Prehistoric Planet, from executive producers Jon Favreau and Mike Gunton and BBC Studios Natural History Unit (Planet Earth), narrated by Sir David Attenborough and with an original score by Hans Zimmer, Anže Rozman, and Kara Talve for Bleeding Fingers Music. Set to debut globally in a five-day, week-long event on Apple TV+ starting on May 22nd, the new episodes transport viewers millions of years in the past to discover our world -- and the dinosaurs that roamed it -- all in extraordinary detail. This teaser traverses the globe to a land before our time, using the latest scientific research and stunning visual effects to bring audiences never-before-seen species on-screen, including notable dinosaurs new this season:

Isisaurus – An Indian sauropod (long-necked, plant-eating dinosaur) that made its home in an extreme volcanic region known as the Deccan Traps, laying eggs in volcanic heated terrain.

Pectinodon – a fierce hunter and fond parent, this bird-like North American feathered dinosaur was part of the troodontid family. A sharp-clawed, long-legged predator, it was an adaptable hunter, its teeth and jaws suggesting that many sorts of small animals would have been on the menu.

Quetzalcoatlus and Hatzegopteryx – The biggest creatures ever to soar the skies, these gargantuan pterosaurs (prehistoric flying reptiles) were the size of a giraffe or small aircraft and are some of Prehistoric Planet's most charismatic characters.

And many more!"

Dynomikegojira

That T.rex and Quezalcoatlusface off

Stegotyranno420

I wonder how long will they be renewing it and how long will it take for the ratings to go down/get repetitive/lose its touch.

But unlike most shows that get worse, a documentary series doesnt really get worse as a story, for the timeless story of our universe is created superior to what the human mind can imagine.

Nonetheless I am exicted, but I hope we see
(late Cretaceous)
Prehistoric China
Prehistoric Hindustan
West Interior seaway(though that may be too early)

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Carnoking on April 18, 2023, 05:44:29 PMThe real question is, will the Carnotaurus find love this time around?
no  >:D

Medzo

Quote from: Lynx on April 18, 2023, 03:11:58 PMFor whatever reason I'm just not feelin it. Gotta wait for the trailer though before I decide if I skip it or not.

I don't want to sound cocky, but what do you really mean you'd skip something like this?

Like...why? For what else would you?

There is like zero scientific media content about prehistoric animals going around anywhere. It's only 4 hours long beautifully crafted visual content.

Dynomikegojira

Too be fair people have different tastes I know some people are disappointed that they're staying in the Masstricthian or they would prefer a WWD approach. Just shows how diverse are community is and hopefully soon we'll have tons of media to please everyone.

Dynomikegojira

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 19, 2023, 05:48:36 AMI wonder how long will they be renewing it and how long will it take for the ratings to go down/get repetitive/lose its touch.

But unlike most shows that get worse, a documentary series doesnt really get worse as a story, for the timeless story of our universe is created superior to what the human mind can imagine.

Nonetheless I am exicted, but I hope we see
(late Cretaceous)
Prehistoric China
Prehistoric Hindustan
West Interior seaway(though that may be too early)

We do have what appears to be Isisaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: