You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellow Stego

One thing nice about Toho is that they're not afraid of making one-off films for popular characters.

Not good if you're the type of fan who likes everything connected.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 16, 2022, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 16, 2022, 05:50:33 AM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 15, 2022, 10:01:51 PMWon't be Gorosaurus. Why buy a generic theropod when you can just make your own

True, but I mean the fans will call it Gorosaurus..or a V-Rex type critter..any theropod will pretty much work.  I recall one of the big complaints from Skull Island was the lack of dinosaurs.
I like the lack of Dinosaurs in the MonsterVerse iteration of Skull Island. Gives the island more opportunity to come up with more unique fauna and gives it more of a seperate personality. Skull Island's whole deal was making a wholly unique island for Kong to run around in. There should be dinosaurs when there's another Skull Island in another continuity, though.

It's not like there area LOT of dinosaurs running around in the Toho franchise really. I'd be good with one giant theropod that's not Godzilla.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on August 17, 2022, 05:47:47 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 16, 2022, 04:12:59 PMI liked the Shin Godzilla movie but I guess that was a one-off.
There is a "Shin Series," but Godzilla is only one component of it. It's called the "Shin Japan Heroes Universe." It's a collab project between Studio Khara, Toei, Toho and Tsuburaya and so far two films have been released for the brand, 2016's Shin Godzilla and 2022's Shin Ultraman.
Wikizilla just uploaded a video about the connections between Shin Godzilla and Shin Ultraman.

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

dragon53

GODZILLA VS. KONG 2---the untitled sequel has begun production in Queensland, Australia with the cast including Dan Stevens, Rebecca Hall and Brian Tyree Henry. The synopsis says, "This latest entry follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence – and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever."

Dynomikegojira

New Title and Teaser Godzilla x Kong A New Empire

https://youtu.be/1QLQCfw5lAM

GojiraGuy1954

If this page isnt edited with correct information i'm making a new one

Paleo Flo

Maybe the red evil ape is King Caesar???
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

HD-man

Quote from: Dynomikegojira on April 19, 2023, 05:22:01 PMNew Title and Teaser Godzilla x Kong A New Empire

How we supposed to read that title? Literally "Godzilla x Kong"? "Godzilla times Kong"? "Godzilla multiplied by Kong"? "Godzilla kisses Kong"? Seems weird no matter the answer :-\
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Paleo Flo

Quote from: HD-man on April 20, 2023, 09:54:38 AM
Quote from: Dynomikegojira on April 19, 2023, 05:22:01 PMNew Title and Teaser Godzilla x Kong A New Empire

How we supposed to read that title? Literally "Godzilla x Kong"? "Godzilla times Kong"? "Godzilla multiplied by Kong"? "Godzilla kisses Kong"? Seems weird no matter the answer :-\

Just like Toho's 2002 "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla" which original title was "Gojira x Mekagojira".

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah Godzilla Against Kong..but not "King" Kong.  Actually i hope that the electric blue eyes of that kong in the teaser are more than they seem. Space Godzilla had a telekinetic/electric ability..so maybe he is mind controlling this kong?

GojiraGuy1954

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2023, 02:49:25 PMYeah Godzilla Against Kong..but not "King" Kong.  Actually i hope that the electric blue eyes of that kong in the teaser are more than they seem. Space Godzilla had a telekinetic/electric ability..so maybe he is mind controlling this kong?
Kongs are Gorilla-esque. This one is more of an Orangutan. KDM Monsters said a lot about him on his twitter feed which I reccomend everybody reads

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 20, 2023, 07:54:59 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 20, 2023, 02:49:25 PMYeah Godzilla Against Kong..but not "King" Kong.  Actually i hope that the electric blue eyes of that kong in the teaser are more than they seem. Space Godzilla had a telekinetic/electric ability..so maybe he is mind controlling this kong?
Kongs are Gorilla-esque. This one is more of an Orangutan. KDM Monsters said a lot about him on his twitter feed which I reccomend everybody reads

I heard it compared to an Orang but also called a "Kong" there were some variations within the species according to the comics and such.  i'll just be disappointed though if the big bad is just another primate.

Paleo Flo

Word bro. That's why I hope for a King Caesar in disguise...I know it's wishthinking

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2023, 05:55:33 AM

I heard it compared to an Orang but also called a "Kong" there were some variations within the species according to the comics and such.  i'll just be disappointed though if the big bad is just another primate.
He's meant to be a titan-killer, so I assume something like a trophy hunter who collects bones

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 21, 2023, 04:37:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2023, 05:55:33 AM

He's meant to be a titan-killer, so I assume something like a trophy hunter who collects bones

I'm seeing theories where he has Godzilla power, maybe lightning attacks like Kong did in the old GvK. Just seems a bit boring as is. Sort of an enlarged Planet of the Apes character from the newer movies?  Even the ones from Congo seemed scarier?   

At least it's almost certain he won't be the only other monster in the film, and they do like surprises.

HD-man

Quote from: Paleo Flo on April 20, 2023, 12:43:56 PMJust like Toho's 2002 "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla" which original title was "Gojira x Mekagojira".

Makes sense. Thanks!
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Paleo Flo

Quote from: HD-man on April 21, 2023, 08:42:14 PM
Quote from: Paleo Flo on April 20, 2023, 12:43:56 PMJust like Toho's 2002 "Godzilla against Mechagodzilla" which original title was "Gojira x Mekagojira".

Makes sense. Thanks!

You're welcome

Giganotosaurus

Spoiler
It's been leaked that Mothra will return in this. Check TohoKingdom for more information. I'm excited, as I was worried that Godzilla was going to be the only Toho kaiju in the film.
[close]
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on August 29, 2023, 08:47:42 AM
Spoiler
It's been leaked that Mothra will return in this. Check TohoKingdom for more information. I'm excited, as I was worried that Godzilla was going to be the only Toho kaiju in the film.
[close]

Spoiler
I think it's been mentioned Rodan will be as well. We also have some youtubers still mentioning Space Godzilla and now a glimpse of Destroyah at the end?  I just want Anguirus..is that too much to ask?  Also more of the other titans.
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: